Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Archaic user-unfriendly Skype credit reactivation requirement

It is abundantly clear from scores of help questions regarding reactivating Skype credit that Microsoft's reactivate policy and implementation is archaic, inappropriate, dysfunctional and downright stupid. When will Microsoft see the light and make it work properly or, better still, kill off the out-dated requirement altogether.

Requiring users to reactivate their credit is an appalling failure of Microsoft's marketing department and reflects an inability or unwillingness to understand how their patient customers use Skype. For just one example, for people who use Skype while traveling but travel less often than every six months, Microsoft requires them to plod through the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to save voice clips

We need the ability to save voice message clips from within a chat conversation like we can with video clips. This is very important please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Call forwarding from Smartphone to Skype

The possibility to forward incoming calls from your phone (for example business phone) to skype.
    It's a problem, when you make calls from skype and can't reach someone, they will call back and you only receive the call on your phone. It would be much better to receive the call in Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Correct -> Illogical Skype calling prices

Correct llogical Skype calling price. World unlimited costs Euro 15,34 per month. Europe unlimited calling costs Euro 22.42? Europe unlimited and mobile costs Euro 39,60.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make the search function

Please make the search function actually work for the entire conversation you're in. If I have to actually find the time the message was sent to find it with the search function, it is absolutely useless. I want to be able to find old messages with keywords or phrases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import contacts from gmail or outlook

Import contacts from gmail or outlook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make your video recording feature extra long from 30 days to mininum 6 months.

Please make your video recording feature extra long from 30 days to mininum 6 months

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restablish Compatability of Skype with Lumia 735 Phones

Restablish Compatability of Skype with Lumia 735 Phones

I cannot sign into Skype on my Windows phone any longer. One day Skype automatically signed out. When I try to sign in I have the following message:
    "Sign in unsuccessful
    You cannot be signed in at this time. Please check your network settings and try again."

From the above error messages I have learned too late that Microsoft ended support for Lumia 735 using Windows Phone 8.1. I also understand Microsoft offered the Skype UWP app for windows 10 1607 (Anniversary update) but did not even attempt to contact current users…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Encryption on video calling should be done asap

Skype should use end to end encryption for video calling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enabling/disabling communications availability by type

I would like to see the capability to enable/disable availability by category, ie, voice vs chats. In other words, indicating whether or not one is available to receive Skype calls, phone calls (non-Skype), and chats.

The selected setting should be shown in the status section for others to see. For chats possibly add a place for setting an expected response time (with an easily settable default value).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Private None Commercial Erotic & *** Activities To Allow !!

Dear Skype Team,

Any Private None Commercial Erotic & *** Activities, As Part of Modern Life Should Been Allowed, Without Risking Any Skype Actions or Accounts Cancellations Made By Skype !

Today, many married Man or Women may also part time live at different locations and so anything to help to keep going good relationships should Been Welcomed & Supported By Skype.

I'm now in such situation and scared to use Skype the way it should been possible to use for quality of life !

Please inform me, if I may wrongfully understand the present Skype Users Conditions.

With Kind…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute Option

If i have to mute a person or group i have click and go inside and mute them in chat option. Instead which dont you give a option in right click on the name of the chat and do mute . By default it should all chat msgs until unless i go inside the chat settings and do changse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please include a feature where a blocked contact cant reach out to the person he / she was blocked by.

Please include a feature where a blocked contact cant reach out to the person he / she was blocked by. I am facing this as any stranger has got my id from somewhere and he is continuously calling me and showing his nude pics and videos.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. turn on or off incoming voice

There should be an option to turn on or off incoming voice also like it's for the incoming video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. share our screen

I was wondering if we could get a screen sharing option so that whatever things we can not say we can explain by sharing screen!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Guests to chats

You should be able to add people without MS accounts to groups...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My students and would be gratefully happy to allow and permit a accessibility to download the recorded videos .

Recordable video call is definitely an incredible feature. This great decision of yours would be much better benefited in case dear developers might add another feature to allow my students and I to download them to watch and review at a later time. The problem is that you have to spend a long time online to find some specific items which you may need to review namely in longer videos.
    We do appreciate your time and innovations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add setting to be able to auto-hide new black bars on top and the bottom on the screen (like it was before).

I hate the bars. I understand that some idiots would call you about a lot saying that their buttons "disappeared" and ask you to fix it, so you can enable the bars by default, but please allow everybody else to be able to auto-hide them (as it was before). Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base