Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable sending attachments (like pictures) through Skype SMS

Currently Skype SMS doesn't allow for sending pictures to others who aren't on Skype. You can call, you can text, but for some reason you can't send or receive a picture. Please make this an option!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please align the desktop app to web app

While the web app can see both of my cameras (built in and usb webcam) the desktop app can only see the built it one!? Would be nice to have exactly same functionality available on both variants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off auto-convert of emoticons

Please, for the love of all things holy, give us an option to turn off auto-conversion of emoticons to emojis. I just want to use my typed faces in peace without having to make a space. Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "invalid number" error message

I am new to Skype. I have agreed to try Skype with an old friend. After downloading and when trying to enter his number in Contacts I get "invalid number" error message. can I not enter a number if the individual has not yet installed Skype or am I not using the correct format? (format "--xxxx)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce people option

So, you have someone in your skype contacts. And you send a request so you can introduce them. If they agree to the request by clicking yes, you can send the introduce to people. There could be some auto sent polls between the 2 about themselves with a 3rd option: I'd rather not say. And you could send a request to both the people to see the introduce chat. The introducing would take about 5 - 10 minutes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hope you can add a pin comment on all Group Chats so we can pin any important comments. Thank you

Hope you can add a pinned comment on all Group Chats so we can pin any important comments. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using unlimited offer in front instead of limited ones for same service

When having 2 subscriptions covering same or part of same service, and when one is unlimited, the unlimited subscription must be prioritary on limited ones or it would be deeply unfair for the customer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Image zoom should be controllable via mouse scroll.

Image zoom should be controllable via mouse scroll.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. desktop icon on boot up

To have a desktop icon upon boot up saves searching for it each time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video recording settings

Для уменьшения размеров видеофайла записи необходимо изменять размер окна изображения и количество кадров в минуту! В настройках камеры установите несколько готовых шаблонов окон и кадров (10 - 20)!
    To reduce the size of the recording video, you need to change the size of the image window and the number of frames per minute! In the camera settings, set several ready-made window and frame templates (10 - 20)!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable Output Rescaling

Ability to turn off output rescaling when sharing the screen, as to reduce strain on the processor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Merge Microsoft Accounts

Appreciate if Microsoft allows to merge accounts. Currently we are not able to add accounts created using the new outlook email service to our old Microsoft accounts. Most of my friends are having my old skype contact while my emails are with the new outlook and it has different skype ID. The same goes for subscription as well. Need to use 2 licenses to maintain my accounts which can be done with 1 license if merging was allowed. This could have been resolved if customer is allowed to add new outlook email as an alias of old account or vice…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Skype name

Make allow to change Skype name
    When i sign up new account it doesn't change, it just like live.cd...............
    I hope you add it and make people chane it at least for one time after sign up

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype name

Make allow to change Skype name
    When i sign up new account it doesn't change, it just like live.cd...............
    I hope you add it and make people chane it at least for one time after sign up

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for more changes

Allow for Skype ID changes or deletion of Skype accounts, without closing the microsoft account

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disclaimer for VoIP numbers on Skype Number service

I've bought a Skype Number in Ireland, and instead of a number with area code, I chose the VoIP option (076 area).
    My number was not receiving calls from many users, from different countries, and after having a chat with Skype Support, I was told that VoIP numbers can be blocked by some operators.
    The whole process of canceling the VoIP number and getting a new one was dealt perfectly, but we noticed that there is no disclaimer or warning in the purchasing page about the possible limitations of a VoIP skype number in Ireland.
    So my suggestion is to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification Time (ex. Office hours only)

Setup Notification times for people who use Skype primarily for work and can set up the office hours so that notifications come in only on those times. This will help lessen the need to check your messages outside your working hours

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Together Mode and Speaker View's weird bugs

Thanks for the together mode but it has this weird thing that on a moderated group any general member activating together mode activating it for the entire meeting. I have 20/30 people in the conference and using white board. Any single one opening together mode messing up everyone's view mode. But this feature should be like view only for the person activating it right? as in MS Teams? Also the Speaker View gets stuck most of the time to a person whether s/he is speaking or not, which is very crazy in a conference situation. I am in a situation…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work the way it should.

Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work properly. If shows some random gray boxes as well as with overlay windows as gray boxes too, although the window below is getting shared. This is weird that the same feature works perfectly on MSTeams but not on Skype. Please correct the layers. This is very important for my current presentation scenario.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix contact request bug

Fix the bug for malicious software spamming contact request despite privacy setting already set to "DO NOT appear in search result"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base