Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calling features

Like Discord people should be able to lower or higher someones volume. You use to be able to end the ringing for different memebers of a group, the feature has been removed in the last few years. When you mute a group you shouldnt still be getting calls, that's the whole point of muting a group or person, to not receive notifications from them. On do not disturb I still get get calls popping up and so do other people I've asked. Given how big Skype is and how many people report the same issues or similar issues you would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Introduce settings on Android and quit lying about minutes before sign up.

I am sorry but this android app has zero settings, except for notifications. I can't even adjust anything.

Also, they lied to me, saying unlimited calls in the USA, since Microsoft doesn't pay for domestic calls or minutes (which is why magic jack, nettalk, Google can have free domestic calling). Unfortunately, they only allow 100. I would have not purchased the Skype if I thought they offered under 1000 minutes a month, which is still barely enough for 3 10 minute calls a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow separate video settings within Skype to change picture quality for win pcs!

Allow separate video settings within Skype to change picture quality for win pcs!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hiding Sharing Tool bar on the top whenever user wants.

Hello team,

Thank you for the amazing and user friendly application.

I want to know if there is an option to hide a sharing toolbar that appears on the top while sharing a screen via Skype.

I'm currently using Skype to share a desktop screen with my colleagues. And it really becomes difficult to toggle between web browser apps when the screen is being shared due to the toolbar on the top.

So just wanted to know if there is already an option to hide or is it possible for you to have this feature?

It'll be so nice if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Really!? No Dad and daughter smiley!!!????

So much emphasis on equality these days, but why isn't there a dad-and-daughter hug icon like the (mumanddaughter)!?

Please add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 100 minutes is pathetic and a joke for the paid Skype

I am sick to my stomach that I paid for the year and only get 100 minutes per month.

It costs Microsoft zero dollars per minute, because just like ooma, et al.

I gave money to price gouging business executives, not people empathetic with a customer base.

60 minutes per day is 1800 minutes per month, which is barely enough minutes to call mom, a girlfriend, get customer product support, daily.

Even keeping my cell calls down to 4 minute blocks in 1996, I usually used 450 minutes, which racked up a $130/month phone bill at 10 cent per minute…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Google Live Person

Additionally, the courteous and patient nature of customer representatives will make you comfortable so that you can communicate with them comfortably. If you have a long-standing problem that requires action, you can contact us by email. By contacting the 24-hour helpline, it will be easier for the customer to contact them at any time, regardless of time zone. Do you learn to chat with a person live on Google? it is a problem that can cause you problems. So we want to give you ways to connect with a person live on Google. They will help you to give the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google Password Generator

These days, most of the accounts and services we use are cloud-based, so we need to use web browsers to access those services. In addition to saving and syncing passwords, Google Chrome also has a built-in password generator. In this article, we will discuss how to create a strong password directly from browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Let's get to the topic !!
    Create strong passwords with Chrome
    Strong password generator for Firefox
    Limitations of built-in password managers
    Password management programs
    Online password generators
    Closing
    Create strong passwords with Chrome:
    Chrome's password generator offers strong and unique passwords for each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How to fix Google Maps Not Working Problem

Google Maps has changed the way we travel. Now you can calculate the time, understand the exact distance, and most importantly, help us overcome heavy traffic when we are in a hurry. Right now, no one can imagine their life without Google Maps, especially those who travel.
    But have you ever wondered what to do if Google Maps stops working when you are in an unknown location? You don't want to imagine that, do you? We understand that it is very frustrating to face such problems and we need a correction. In this article, we will discuss a variety of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Https //g.co/recover

Recover your Google account online: https / g.co.recover for help
    For customers who cannot recover their Google account, please enter https / g.co.recover in the URL tab.
    When the recovery page appears, enter your Google account username and continue.
    At that time, the customer will be asked to enter the last password on their entry.
    If the customer does not remember the last secret key, they can touch another alternative.
    From that moment on, the client will have the opportunity to receive a rehabilitation option code by phone.
    From then on, the customer must provide the code to continue with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How to fix Google Drive Not Working

Google Drive is currently one of the best cloud storage options for Android users. Google offers a total of 15GB of free storage in three different apps: Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. However, if you need more space, you can pay for an additional 100GB or more of storage space. Without a doubt, Google Drive is useful. It allows you to sync, share, and help back up data across devices and platforms.
    What if Google Drive is not working on your Android phone? Sometimes users report that Google Drive cannot upload files or stops working. I know it's hard to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to Recover Google Contacts

You've just downloaded the latest and greatest contact manager on your smartphone, linked it to your G Suite account to sync with your Gmail contacts, and now you're waiting for anyone you've met to fill out your mobile address book. .
    Suddenly all your contacts disappear from Google and your phone.
    This is happening more than you think, and mainly because too many apps make it easy to set up a blank smartphone address book to overwrite your most recent Google contact list, and not the other way around.
    Fortunately, Google Contacts has a built-in version control feature, so you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How To Recover Google Chrome History

It is unfortunate that users accidentally delete Google Chrome history on their computer.
    If you face some user, sometimes you will feel really helpless. However, knowing how to recover deleted history on Google Chrome can help you get it back.
    Let's discuss the ways to restore the browser history so that the lost data is returned to the browser.
    Fortunately, there are five ways to recover deleted Chrome history in Windows 10. Also, each of these methods is straightforward to solve the problem.
    5 ways to recover deleted history on Google Chrome
    Choose the method that best meets your needs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to Recover Google Photos

We will give all old students like me information on what Google Photos is all about! Google Photos is a popular application for sharing and storing photos. This Google Cloud offer allows you to free up space on your device by saving an unlimited number of photos. In addition, this cloud offering also allows you to view these photos on any standard medium, i.e. computers, mobile phones, and tablets. However, there are many cases where you can delete your photos, as was the case in my case. Once deleted, you will want to recover deleted photos from Google Photos.
    Google…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Google Can't Be Reached

If you are a Google Chrome user, you may encounter a lot of errors while browsing. While most errors are rare, there is something very common: this site is not accessible. The problem here is also simple, as the error can be caused by many problems.
    Sometimes this is a problem with the site itself. But sometimes there is something wrong with your computer. Due to this character, Google Chrome can correct the error "This site cannot be accessed" in several ways, including its version: dnsprobefinished_nxdomain error. In this article, we'll take a quick look at them.
    Can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Which Dirt Bike Grips to Get

Are you frequently confronted with a few days after you take your bike off? We can guarantee that thanks to the V2 technology no such thing will happen. The inner grip material is covered by a substance that generates friction between the grip and the handle. So your bike handles (https://dirtbikeadvisor.com/best-dirt-bike-grips/) won't go away no of how roughly you use them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Feature for None Microsoft Account

My little brother and sister are under the age where they are not allowed to have a Microsoft account. I know that there is Microsoft Family. And I don't make a lie that I'm a parent with them. My parent cannot use this Microsoft service due to not getting familiarise, and only like to use Facebook. Actually, my parent does not qualify to keep a personal account. I would like the Skype link where none Skype user can access and join a meeting to be improved. This new feature allows them to install a lite version or add a Skype…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. skype for windows desktop cannot take a simple photo and send it to a contact from skype, the android verison can do this easily.

skype for windows desktop cannot take a simple photo and send it to a contact from skype, the android verison can do this easily.
    why is skype so inconsistent acrosss platforms,
    why have multiple designs, that just creates more work
    for programmers, and headaches for users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve the quality of audio calling

During an audio call, often a humming noise is heard. Please fix it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link to Azure Devops - Work Items

Maybe via messages part or add in "My Tasks" feature, or open on Skype windows the details about specific work items rather than opening separately in browser

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base