Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back Skype Classic Snapshot. Skype 8 Snapshot sucks.

When I am talking ot my girlfriend, sometimes I want to take her snapshots. But, its Sype 8., its takes picture of both me and her. I just want to take "HER Picture not mine too. so, revert the snapshot feature like it was in SKYPE CLASSIC.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contact integration

When I go into my phone contacts on either of my android devices, I get the possibility to call a person on either "Viber Out" or WhatsApp - In the old days, Skype was also integrated there - Could you bring that feature back?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blocking and invisible

If someone has blocked you there should be a explanation next to their profile pic saying "you have been blocked" plain and simple, I've heard that if someone has their status set to "seen days ago" this could mean you are blocked, invisible or have not been on Skype for days it's very confusing, I spoke to a technician about it and they said that when someone has blocked you you can't search their name anymore, but you can as I tested it with my friend, I got her to block me, but I had no indication that she had…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please let user to download all chat history from cloud storage

Please let user to download all chat history from cloud storage

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow paste into the diaload while in a call in UWP versions of Skype for conference call PINs

the reason I'm still clinging on to the oldest version of Skype that I can on Windows 10 is that I make dozens of conference calls a month and I need to paste in long PIN numbers after the call has connected. this works reasonably well in classic Skype but has never worked in the modern or UWP versions of Skype. since I use Skype primarily for conference calls, this is a significant disadvantage.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Outlook Integration

In Skype 7, in the desktop Outlook application you could call a contact simply by using the Outlook "Call" feature. In Skype 8 this TAPI feature was broken, and calling a contact from Outlook brings up the modem dialer instead (and I don;t have a modem or analog phone line).

I won't upgrade until the Outlook integration is restored and I can call my contacts through Skype from within Outlook. Please do not suggest importing my contacts into Skype; I have 12,000 and wish to keep them separate.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put back 3 minute Video message rather then 20 seconds

Many elderly people find it difficult to type (arthritis etc) and used the 3 minute video message instead of typing. Changing it to 20 second messages is just too short to leave any kind of message - and having to leave 15 messages to = 3 minutes isn't the answer either. Why would you change it from 3 minutes to 20 seconds? Please consider the elderly or people struggling with arthritis in their fingers and reinstate the 3 minute video message. It can't be that difficult to do since you had it that way before.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skype permita dejar mensajes de vos. (Skype allows you to leave voice messages)

Skype permita dejar mensajes de vos. (Skype allows you to leave voice messages)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video

Being back more than 4 cams being able to be shown at once.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We want Skype for Android TV

Although Skype announced the end of support for the Skype application for Smart TVs, Microsoft should reconsider its decision and start supporting at least Skype for the Android TV operating system, that way we could use any Webcam with UVC (USB Video Device Class) such as the Logitech C920, which is currently used by a video call application called Trueconf, which Skype can compete with and regain its leadership in that market.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please let me know when call history is back

call history - the list of calls received by skype is missing in current versions so i am holding on windows v7 until it returns. the feature is missing in the android app as well even though you get a push notification, when you tap on it it returns you to nothing so you have no record of what number called you or any ability to return the call. thanks.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Very bad ! Last update of skype v8 can't get MY PRIVATE audio files sent in PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS !! PDF can be downloaded but not audio

Very bad ! Last update of skype v8 can't get MY PRIVATE audio files sent in PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS !! PDF can be downloaded but not audio

I'm software enginner so I know what I talk.
    Could be uncompatible with many laws, where I MUST BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY DATA.

Thanks skype people keeping skype a good app and not an another fading away app.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Respect us

If we put a Do Not Disturb or Invisible, it mean you can send a message to us but to calls etc. That would be embarrassing on a phone user...

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. keep skypemate usb phone working in new skype version

keep skypemate usb phone working in new skype version 8 as well as existing 7.41.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Identity: One ID as Proxy for another ID

I should be able to give another account authorization to act on my account's behalf. Messaging, calling, contact management, payments, everything.

Options for full disclosure ("George skyping for Mary"), partial ("an authorized delegate skyping for May"), and no disclosure.

Contexts:

• A lawyer should be able to log in as herself and act on behalf of a client's account.

• A parent for a minor child.

• An adult child for a parent with dementia.

• One employee (signed in as themself) for a corporate account.

• A friend for a friend on vacation.

• A bot for a user.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The screen will not be split into two halves

Hi Skype, please promptly fix the bug in the latest version of skype for mobiles. The screen will not be split into two halves during a video call (I'm on one half of the screen and my other friend) It's bad and impractical, I can not see how I look. Please make a quick fix. Well thank you.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. blocked

In the old Skype, blocked contacts showed up in search results. I miss that feature very much, please bring it back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. /kickban user Bans members for joining or being added to your group chat Skype room.

This command by admin in a Skype Group chat adds users to a Ban list. Even if you make a room not joinable, others can still add people. This never made sense. In Moderated rooms (which should be the default - its not in Classic on Cloud rooms), Admin can make it possible with the /set banlist or the /kickban commands to ban users from either joining or being added by others (even if joining is not enabled).

You really should add Group as a category for these Skype Ideas!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base