Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove from all group

Add new feature to show person added in multiple groups, Jus like WhatsApp provide on view person show all group associated with me.

so, if we want to remove than no need to find where we added him and remove him one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow unused credits to roll over and accrue! Why would unused credits expire? We are buying them after all as part of our subscription

If Skype credits are included with an Office 365 Subscription, at the rate of 60 credits per month, then we become owners of a product we paid for. If I add funds to my Starbucks card, Starbucks does not "expire" my funds if I don't use them by a certain date. That would be theft and fraud. This is no different. If I purchase an Office 365 subscription and then go a full month without using any of my Office products, what does Microsoft do? They bill me for another month, which includes another 60 minutes. I should therefore have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message sounds

Bring back all the different message sounds so we can choose again instead of having that awful sound that you cant hear on the desktop.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to have the option to turn off the voice translation.

I would like to have the option to turn off the voice translation. I don't always want to hear the mechanical voice trying to translate what my contact is saying. i like the auto-text translation. but the voice should not be automatic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a custom title bar and menu for linux version

The current titile bar and menu uses default gtk3 theme which is not consistant with current APP UI design. Please consider making a new one. like visual studio code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My SKYPE account is locked

My Skype account is locked. , in the case of I don't have any notice, lock in our account, result in loss of millions of our company, contact customers lost years, from my country, I finally found the American customer service experience a lot of difficulties, I submitted countless times, according to the requirements of their hope Microsoft under the condition of considering we don't know in violation of the agreement and locked, returned to my account, but we contact the customer service they all reply every day we help us, because we are too poor, but Microsoft engineers in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add

let user create a creating moji face emoji

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use of Keyboard whilst making a call

I want to be able to use the keyboard whilst making a call. This is so I can respond to automated questions by entering the required number or hash key or any other key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Скайп перестал работать на Windows 10 Mobile!!!

Скайп перестал работать на Windows 10 Mobile!!! Никто не может объяснить почему?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fckimg unininstall

uininstall me gdi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How do I turn my answering machine off? I can't find this option anywhere if there is one to turn it off.

How do I turn it off so people can't leave messages on my Skype when they call me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dump the unrelated add-ons using up bandwidth and severely degrading the quality of audio and video calls.

After repeated disconnection issues that were finally resolved due to Skype unnecessary add-ons suggest Skype dump add-ons like excessive emoticons, ability to send money etc which has degraded bandwidth and degraded video and audio quality. Was told by engineer Skype does it because competitors are doing it which is crazy. If you are No.1 in a field you don’t chase the people behind you who need add-one because their quality wasn’t as good. By “competing” with lesser applications Skype brings themselves down to their level with similar poor quality. Dump the extras and get back to Skype original functions of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Верните русские субтитры при разговорах на английском языке

Пропали субтитры при разговоре на англ.языке , которые автоматом переводили англ.речь ! Верните это обратно ! Зачем придумывать какой-то навороченный перевод с запросом , когда можно оставить старые добрые субтитры

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Developer

Please add toll for connecting security team direct chat and solve account related problem directly connecting with person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide actual help to Skype members that are being abused

If a problem is reported an involves nudity of one member while the other member starts screen saving your images and is extorting, ruining your life. Maybe remove the abuser, content and provide a person not a robot for victim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatic dark mode

I would like the option for Skype’s dark theme to change based on the system theme.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update Skype username

I made my account when I was young and now that I'm older my Skype username is really immature. There should be an option to change the Skype username

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base