Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blokada na uczestnikow czatu grupowego skype

Co zrobic zeby nie mogli usuwac lub wyciszac inni uczestnicy w czacie grupowym skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unlimited subscriptions

Skype unlimited subscriptions to the caller for Moldova .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to set default for cameras and mics

We use Skype (regular, not business) to run remote yoga classes during the current lockdown. Most participants are technologically challenged. We need to only have the instructor transmitting video and sound and all others in listen mode only (except having the ability to unmute themselves if they want to say something to the instructor). Currently, when a call begins, and if someone joins late, it is a task to get everyone to shut video and mute mics. While we have announced this, we still run into some students who struggle and this disrupts the class.

There should be a way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. end call

There should be an option when ending the call to have it end for everyone and then "author" of the call be able to disable that link -- at least disable others from continuing back in to the call after the originator has ended it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. callerid

I would like Skype to have a future where the caller ID need not be a number, but a particular name.
    I am trying to call several people who I do not want them to know my number, but I would want them to know who is calling so that they will not block my call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. double feedback!

Ridiculous! I attempt to provide feedback about something entirely different, and the feedback app itself crashes 3 x in a row!

Skype - initially when setting this up there is an option (Video) to blur the background. What a great idea, and it works well - during the setup test.

Then this option DISAPPEARS! Why (rhetorical question)?!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to hide Skype system tray icon

It would be nice to have an option to hide System Tray icon for us user to de-clutter our System Tray, all while retaining Skype running in the background to still receive notifications and calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add group video chats among echo show devices

Enable group video chats among multiple echo shows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable use on tv

bring back or enable use of Skype on smart tv

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Les membres d'un groupe (à part les admins) n'ont pas le droit de supprimer d'autres de l'appel

comment faire pour qu'un participant ne me supprime pas de l'appel
    Pendant les appels, une personne dans le groupe s'amuse a virer les gens. On ne peut pas savoir qui c'est. J'aimerais savoir comment il est possible d’empêcher ce genre de comportement, soit en empêchant l'option, soit en savant qui est la personne qui fait çà, ou autre.

merci d'avance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Virtual Background like one can do on Zoom Meeting

ability to use Virtual Backgrounds like one can do on Zoom Meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit your username

I want to edit my username so bad and I really love this app and I just want to be able to change my username.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ethiopia

Additional payment options for Ethiopian customers. The payments options listed under Ethiopia aren't really available here. Someone would have to go to the US and other countries to have credit cards since we don't have those here and our debit cards can only pay for local transactions. Maybe a system can be created where we can deposit the money to a Skype agent here and that can be used to purchase Skype paid features without having to use credit cards or other payments methods.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Green Screen

It would be nice to have a simple way of getting greenscreen on settings to get my own backgrounds (instead of what's behind me right now!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Activity

It would be good if users could have an activity indicator that changes color to indicate how much the contact is busy in various chats. As a user one should be able to configure how many messages and new chats lead to an increase in the indicated activity. The purpose of this is to be analogous to me wanting to speak to someone but seeing that a lot of other people have been conversing with the person in question, and thus deciding to wait a little bit to give my colleague some time to breathe or collect their thoughts. After…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. screen sharing

As Allowed in Microsoft Teams, Skype too should allow screen sharing during a group call, so these days Teachers can teach students through SKYPE APP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype becomes boring and useless when you don't have someone to chat with. its fun when we're authorize to see those online but not contact

If someone signup for skype the person must get contact before he/she can chat which is bad & boring. If at least people get to see online people if not global it can be the location so that one can have someone to chat. Believe me, chatting releases stress. Not necessarily to know someone before you can chat!!!!! I SUGGEST that, skypers are given permission to see online people & that will be interesting when one joins skype... What if I join skype and have no contact, that does mean t I can't chat? Then the skype becomes useless and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Free conference calls: please support mobile browsers

The new https://www.skype.com/en/free-conference-call feature only works with Edge and Chrome browsers on DESKTOP.

When opening the meeting links in MOBILE, it still asking user to download the Skype mobile app.

Please make it work on mobile browsers as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting

too bad chat on the recipient can't be eliminated again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Videocall/chat

too bad it can't be used for many people for video chat. in the other it can be more than 100 people to meet die video chat. unfortunately skype only allows creating accounts via Microsoft / hotmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base