Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Privacy for Skype to Skype between parents interference during parenting time.

Allow calls only to device I’m video calling. I want to stop my children and I from being watched on another device. For parenting time the children should have their privacy along with the parent having the call. Unsure if there is a way around this already in privacy but my 8 and 9 year old go to FL every year for half of the summer and their dad and step mom are watching our chat on another device. Not a good feeling for a mother. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FOWARD CALLS FROM CELL TO SKYPE WITH A SKYPE NUMBER

I would like to use Skype for answering calls directed to my cell number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. submit an idea

Can you please put import back on the skype because before i was able to import my Facebook contacts on my skype

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter calls to only allow incoming calls from phones within the contact list

Filter calls to only allow incoming calls from phones within the contact list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User's name in the centre of the screen when using bigger words.

My father is visually handicapped. Therefore his monitor shows bigger symbols and bigger words. We are using identical computers, just the size of the symbols and words is different. My father’s skype name is displayed in the left upper corner of my screen. My skype name is centralized in big letters in the centre of his screen = in front of my face on his screen. Would you please correct this and move it back to the left upper corner of the screen? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I could get rid of goto meeting if I could choose a presenter and remote control shared screens

when you share a screen, it would be nice to let others remote control it. for now I pay for goto meeting just for this feature. otherwise I wouldn't need it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reset Microsoft Authenticator Office 365

If you need to re-enable 2FA or need to set it up again because of a change like a new device or domain, this guide can get you started.

Some of these steps happen automatically, such as triggering the setup process for 2-FA if your global admin of Office 365 has forced you to use Office 365.
    follow the provided guide to reset Microsoft authenticator.

https://www.quickfixnumbr.com/reset-microsoft-authenticator/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let one delete selected message regardless if from other person. Facebook Messenger allows this

Let one delete selected message regardless if from other person. Facebook Messenger allows this and Skype should too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. multiplayer group "float" window function

1 vs 1 has a "float" window function, but the multiplayer group does not have a "float" window function. I hope you can evaluate and include this feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello I think mirroring a camera should be available in your video setting.

I am having a hard time presenting my presentation because I can't mirror my camera. I hope you fix it soon. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hey there, my stage name is "Jackson Hole Rose" & I really would like my Skype name to change to this. RosecLLc does not fit me any longer.

Can you please change this? Use me as a test perhaps! I am a syndicated radio host & changing the username to JacksonHoleRose will be important for me to include Skype in my social channels. You can find me all over social media as JacksonHoleRose - your platform is the only one that won't let me change. If you aren't able to change it, I won't be using it. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hello. please make sharing system sound on Mac ( sharing audio along with sharing screen ) available. this feature is very important.

hello. in calls please add the option of sharing system sound on Mac .(the option of sharing audio along with sharing screen) . this feature is very important.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix or remove "Less passwords. Adding WAM support to Windows 10." Allow logging out of ALL accounts with a click.

MODIFY OR ELIMINATE THIS FEATURE: "Less passwords. Adding WAM support to Windows 10 so you can switch between multiple accounts without a prompt to enter a password every time."

The way it is set up now in Windows 10 YOU CANNOT LOG OUT OF ALL ACCOUNTS. One account always appears and logs in with a click. There is no easy way to disable that so that no account appears and logs in with a click. All of the work arounds are cumbersome and inconvenient.

LET THE USER DECIDE WITH A CLICK if they want an account to stay logged in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. att.com/deviceunlock | Unlock ATT

No stolen or lost mobile device can be unlocked. If a new phone has just been purchased and an old phone needs to be unlocked, there will be a 14-day period before the company grants you an unlock.

If someone has a device with a two-year subsidized plan, they will need their account to be in good condition, which means that both the plan and the device must be fully paid for for unlocking to occur. Also, AT&T customers who use AT&T Next's early upgrade plans must have everything paid to unlock their device.

Those who have just bought a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype classic

ok so im gonna be honest PLEASE BRING BACK SKYPE CLASSIC OR AT LEAST ADD A SETTING WHERE YOU CAN REVERT TO THE CLASSIC MODE WHER YOU GET ALL THE OLD SOUNDS AND LOGO PLEASE im sorry but Skype 8 is ugly and half of the Skype community thinks that to it like y'all copied Snapchat 😟

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to use Skype for emergency calls (what in the uk would be 999 calls).

I am type one diabetic, I have a advice in my arm that links to my phone that sends me updates on blood sugar levels. Early this morning I could not find my phone, and was going into a hyper.

The only means of communication I had was with Skype, and I couldn't call 999 if it became necessary on Skype.

I eventually decided to go to Microsoft support, and a lady called Sarah eventually sorted it out by calling my phone repeatedly until I found it.

I am explaining the whole thing, as you dont to have an autoimmune…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If user is leaving chat this chat item goes at the top in Recent Chats. It is annoying especially for outdated chat groups.

If user is leaving chat this chat item goes at the top in Recent Chats.
    It is annoying especially for outdated chat groups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An opportunity to see a draft message in all Skype instances at the same time

Good day.

Proposal:
    Could you please add an opportunity to see a draft message which has been inputted from different devices in all instances of the Skype at the same time ?
    An example: I input a draft massage via Skype on my mobile phone, I stop inputting (without sending). Then I open the Skype on my laptop and should see the draft message that has been inputted via my mobile phone.

Current problem:
    Because now If I write a draft message in the Skype in my mobile phone I have to rewrite this message in the Skype in laptop.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Trans accessibility: "Skype Name" change

Old Skype accounts let you pick your "Skype Name", though new ones generate a random code instead. People who are grandfathered in may be stuck with something legible though that they may not want.

As an example, I made mine as a kid using my name. It turned out that I am trans and that name is now loaded with baggage I shouldn't have to be exposed to. Unfortunately, it's impossible to change or remove from the Microsoft Account that it is now connected to. It looks like the only way to be rid of it is to abandon the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add money button to account.

I am trying to add money to my account. It would be nice if there was an easy way to do this. Maybe just add with a button?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base