Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy paste images in the message box

cannot copy paste images in the message box

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the new version no longer allows me to switch between cameras as the older versions did. WHY? Please give me back th original SKYPE so I

With originals versions, we could switch between three cameras. This no longer can be done. They tell us it will only support ONE camera but yet we can CONNECT two cameras plus the built in camera. No reason now as we can only use one camera. Without this function, we are forced to look towards ZOOM or GOOLE +. You going to help or just pass us off? Dr. Bob Heil. bobheilmac. www.heilsound.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hire a real interface designer. Your product sucks

I only use it because it's those around me require it. But it's painful and I tell others not to use it. It would be nice if it didn't suck.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SKYPE CRASH - Bluetooth switching broken on Android Pie (9.x) with phones that simultaneously connect to multiple Bluetooth sinks

On Android Pie (9.x), which is supposed to be installed on 11% of the 2.5 Billion Android devices now, a large portion of the handsets/devices are able to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously, marking ONE of them as the Active device. The problem occurs when a user is on a call using a headset and gets into a car. Android connects to the new car BT device and tries to make it Active. Skype is unable to handle this correctly and many times will either crash the entire app or drop the call after a module crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hello!

Hello! Why do any strangers write to me and try to call and add me to their contacts? I do not know them! Return the function that was in the previous version, it was possible to set a restriction that only people from my contact list could write and call. Please, I beg you! Tired of daily spam!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mojis

Instead of writing an expression to search an moji/emotion in the Expression Picker, Skype should find them automatically if the user selects or right-click a expression written already in the message box/conversation history.
    So we could write "happy", for instance, then right-click it and then click the option to "search expressions".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skype needs multi-function can be promoted by using All contact automatic reply & AI robot reply,

Me and my development team (3 people) found that the current skype needs multi-function can be promoted. All contact automatic reply, AI robot reply, these functions have been actually manipulated, can be practically applied, by using Azure Bot connection, grammar JS write
    Mailbox: klaus@toppath.tw
    Welcome to contact me
    Klaus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Made notification tray icon large

I use Windows 10 with small font size. It's ok for me. But the only setting for notification tray icons size is system font size. So it is completely impossible to see new message notification in icon tray compared to windows 8 tray. I see new message arrival as a white dot on the small blue skype icon.

I suggest creating other notification possibilities than notification tray icon. Other taskbar buttons are large. So application icon in task bar would be better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please, fix report problem button. It stopped working.

I press Give feedback and Report a problem buttons, but only Suggest a feature works.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hidden Costs

Apparently the system detected that the call is on the country Netherlands.
    As verified on your subscription, the covered services for it was for landline only and not for mobile. But when making the call / entering the phone number it's mentioned on skype : COVERED BY SUBSCRIPTION

It should display the REAL cost.

A member of skype told me

The reason why this happened is because the system detected that the number is from the country Netherlands. For the actual information if it's mobile or not, it'll be verified once the call pushed through.
    My opinion is that it's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contact lists NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

imam previse kontakta da bih pamtio koji je za sta.
    zato imam vise kontakt listi koje sam koristio godinama da bi sada Skype to iskljucio.
    Pisem kao budala svaki dan kao da trazim od skypa ubace ne znam nija sta komplikovano a ne opciju koju je imao jos pre 10 godina.
    Niko ne odgvara vec kao budale glasamo za novu opciju.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Print Screen copy save onto Skype is not longer available?

print screen seems to be no longer available, we use this tool everyday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. WEBP images are being uploaded using the wrong Content-Type

This is more an existing issue / bug than an idea. Our users use skype to interact with our company, we use microsoft bot framework on our side for the M2P interaction.

We have detected that, when users upload webp images, either as attachments or alone, skype performs the uploading using a content-type "application/octet-stream", which is wrong, the standard content / MIME type for Webp is image/webp.

We can't support application/octet-stream as a valid content-type as it would introduce a security issue, given the users would be able then to upload any kind of file, including executables.

This has been…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When right click for people in list. Please provide add to Group that we can order them in a priority. thks for listening

1. When open Skype, please provide Groups that can be sort people in A-Z order and priority level. Yahoo did the job good. learn them.

2. When right click for people in list. Please provide add to Group that we can order them in a priority. thks for listening

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contact display name format in chat

From some version skype begun to reduce contact display name in chats to smaller parts, splitting it by space.
    For m it's totally bad idea, i've spent much time to set contact names to what I want.

In some cases it difficult to see only name or last name in chat, especially in case when participating in group chat with people you never seen before or communicate rarely.

The idea is:
    Make contact display name format changeable by user

Possible solutions:

1. Have an option in messaging settings how to display contacts: AsIs, Guess name etc

2. The same setting per-chat basis,…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Play soundboards with Skype

Microsoft - inexplicably - removed the facility to play soundboards via Skype. It also removed the Share System Sound setting. Using soundboards can be great fun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hope that u add features from BBM because bbm users are looking for an alternative to bbm.. we need broadcast & timed messages and channels

make it a social and chat app like bbm.. it was half way there but they are going to shut down.. so if u can make it happen before bbm close it would be perfect. if u use bbm now u would understand what i mean.. just start with broadcast msgs because people wants to send a message to many people at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export of chat history, why removing such key features?

• When colleagues leave for another employment, I need to save all conversations I had with them before deleting contacts. I cannot keep 100 old contacts, not convenient, useless (online notifications etc...) and increases the risk of picking the wrong recipients when sending messages.

• If I stop using one Skype user account created for specific purpose/project/employment, I want to back-up all conversations before deleting this account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. There is a conflict between subtitles and the dialpad. The deaf need these to both work when dealing with automated switchboards

People with hearing disabilities need both the dial pad and subtitles working together. At the moment it is either /or as one disables the other.
    Most of our calls encounter automated switchboards and the " either /or" situation is not obvious. I have spent months of frustration trying to figure out why the dial pad stopped working. I still incurred the call cost though. This is a matter of urgent attention.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. yellow border

Please remove the yellow border that appears on the screen when you share your desktop. It ruins the presentation for the people that are not on the video call. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base