Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. logg out

a button in settings that gives you the option to log out of all devices that your account is signed into

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move the Send Attachment, Send Contact, Send Cash, and Send Places buttons into the "+" button

These 4 buttons tale up space in the reply box, they disappear when you start typing and reappear when the box is empty, which is annoying and distracting.

I feel they should be moved into the "+" button along with other interactions you can have with a contact rather than having them displayed all the time.

These don't need to be visible all the time, they're rarely used. The "send" button should stay visible and just grey out when the box is empty.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to remove icons on mini webcam window

The icons (mic, video, call, and share screen) on the mini webcam video are annoying because they cover up the person's webcam. Maybe skype creators can move the icons to a small black bar underneath the mini window or make it so that they only pop up when you mouse over the window. I have to constantly open up the bigger webcam window because I can't see the other person since they are being obscured by these big icons.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it available to DELETE UNWANTED CONTACTS FOR INVITE.

Allow deletion of ANY unwanted contacts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues

Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues. Please have Microsoft start pushing the newest Polycom software to phones to prevent issues

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Signing In and Out

I find it good that when I sign out Skype memorizes my user name, but I think it would be better if it does not memorize also my password

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please notify us if Contact request accepted by someone.

Please notify us if Contact request accepted by someone.
    Previously we use to get notified when contact request accepted.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problem with the camera in MacOS Mojave

Skype does not find my camera since I updated to MacOS Mojave, even after re-installing Skype. My camera works with all other applications, but not with Skype. Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you reaching out to us. This forum is intended for new ideas and feature suggestion. If you have a technical issue which needs support, please visit our Skype support site ( support.skype.com ) or our Community ( answers.microsoft.com ) and submit your issue here.

Thank you
    - Petr

9. Hej! I use the latest version of Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and Skype 8 for Mac. The problem still exists in the latest Preview Version of Skype fo

Hej!

I use the latest version of Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and Skype 8 for Mac. The problem still exists in the latest Preview Version of Skype for Mac.

Symptoms:
    1. Skype crashes and automatically restarts at intervals of around 3-10 minutes.
    2. Skype is very slow in scrolling and entering text.
    3. When Skype us running it uses all available CPU making the fans on my MacBook Pro run at maximum speed.

The problem has existed since the release of Mojave. I have tried a number of ways of fixing it, including reinstalling from scratch while removing all preferences…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you reaching out to us. This forum is intended for new ideas and feature suggestion. If you have a technical issue which needs support, please visit our Skype support site ( support.skype.com ) or our Community ( answers.microsoft.com ) and submit your issue here.

Thank you
    - Petr

10. Hide message text in notifications

Add functionality to hide message text in received notifications.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why can I not delete my conversations and calls from my Ipad Skype. We need a task bar

Why can we not delete conversations from the Ipad Skype. We could always before. We had a tool bar that we could use. Since you took over Skype, it SUCKS big time. It is such a difficult app to use. Definitely NOT user friendly. We need a tool bar to perform all the things that we did before, before you messed things up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you make it possible to delete & clear all old messages as required , soon as possible please.

Can you make it possible to delete & clear all old messages as required , soon as possible please.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to delete snapshots - individually or by joint agreement option

The snapshot as stated by others is poorly positioned and causes randomly timed shoots to occur that then clutter the message board and also annoy the users either as they didn't want a snapshot at all, or don't like the image taken as the person photographed was not prepared for it, and often is at inappropriate time such as the person speaking and their mouth appears open and larger than life, etc.
    Please consider delete option - either snapshooter orientated or both with delete when both have shown agreement to delete, ie 1 has chosen delete that is retained as…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Able to copy message and call logs into other formats for records

Dear Skype,
    i used to be able to cut and paste the conversations and call information for each person with their name and mine on each entry and the date and time to display in records for work - clinical medicine with patients, or business meeting notes with business calls, the specifics or call, duration, attempted call and time, etc.
    the new version does not allow this anymore, can you look at returning this very useful feature please as other services have it and it is needed for clinical records, and i'd like to keep using skype, but need this…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add feature to delete old messages

Please add feature to delete old messages

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ADD CONTACTS WHO ARE NOT ON SKYPE. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO EDIT MY EXISTING CONTACTS.

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ADD CONTACTS WHO ARE NOT ON SKYPE. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO EDIT MY EXISTING CONTACTS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phone contact only

Skype does not see all my iPhone contacts. Also it conflates my skype contacts with my phone contacts. It’s very messy. Please have a phone contact only for the mobile app version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype 7 features most important for Skype 8.

Just a few of the features I feel need to come to Skype 8 from Skype 7 for me to want to use it, from the perspective of someone who mostly texts chats.

-MOST IMPORTANT: Ability to defer your update wave to Skype 8 until the features you wish to see are implemented. This was discussed by the previous design director, Peter Skillman, and is a fantastic idea.

-Ability to disable automatic updates.
    -Ability to disable advanced text formatting options like bold or italics.
    -Ability to resize the chat and contact sidebar (My personal golden area is 650-ish total window…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. stop messing with my sound settings when a call happens

hey Microsoft, STOP TRYING TO BE HELPFUL, I can perfectly well manage my sound settings so do us all a favour and STOP AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTING MY PC SOUND SETTINGS.

Thanks, a discord user.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable watermark on video calls

Disable watermark on video calls

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base