Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but d

We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but dont want others trying to contact us " because we are available "

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show time of message seen by other person

Add a feature which shows when other person had seen your's message.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype at any device!

in Germany skype is killed by WhatsApp, what differs skype and WA previously was that skype was available on many devices like xbox360, smart TVs etc. ...this is gone! I mean cmon ,NOBODY is bying a Xbox One because skype has been removed from Xbox360, These People feel deceived, betrayed… It is not even possible to WiFi mirror the screen to a TV... WTF?!?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow marking of incoming spam calls and display warning to users.

Skype-In numbers sometimes receive spam calls. Allow us to mark such numbers as spam and have a warning message displayed with incoming calls that come from numbers that have been reported for spam. That way we can decide not to answer incoming calls that others have marked as from spammers, and also report numbers falsely so marked. Numbers should be automatically delisted when no complaints are received for a specific time, e.g. 3 months. There should also be an option to automatically block all incoming calls that have been marked by the community as coming from spammers. https://www.shouldianswer.com have already…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us a toggle for formatting

Please, just give us a toggle for turning advanced formatting on or off, like you have in Skype 7+. For those of us who have difficulties with reading things that are bolded or italicized due to being low vision users, something like this is vital. Putting two @ symbols in front of every post is not a feasible workaround, due to how things work in Skype. Please, just give us this back.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dialing from Mac Contacts using Skype is not longer working with Skype.

I had Microsoft SkypeABDialer and SkypeABCaller bundle in my Address book library on my mac. This would allow me to dial using skype direct from Apple contacts Now that I upgraded to Mojave it is no longer working. This is a very important feature for me. Is someone working on updating the ABbundle so when you select a phone number in apple contacts it gives you the option of dialing from your cell phone or dialing from Skype.Please it is very hard to find info about this. I think the ABCalling bundle was included with Apple Mountain Lion. It functioned…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows ... like earleir versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows 10... like earlier versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Sticky Notes option into conversation or Save messages

Please add notes option in specific conversation so we can save specific data(Ex. Passwords, Project scope messages) and no need scroll up and check all messages

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow automatic download of images

In Skype 7 all images are downloaded automatically and stored in a received files folder. Some users didn't like this, and it is no longer in Skype 8. However, some users, like myself, found it quite useful as all images sent across Skype were automatically saved, removing the hassle of having to manually save images.

In Skype Preview (8.36), there is an option in the settings to allow users to automatically download files - this only works for files, however, and it does not automatically download images. I think within this option in the settings, or through a new option,…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a skype notification circle "Red" instead of transperate

Make a skype notification circle "Red" instead of transperate.
    not only skype please keep all windows app notification with "red circle" as we see in andriod phone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. after the "light" & "Dark mode" please work on "Use my Windows Mode" and Single screen sharing feature.

in the Skype we have just two options in personalize "light mode" "dark mode" Please work on "Use my Windows Mode".

another feature.
    I am still waiting for single screen sharing feature in skype it's been a year we did not get please give us back single screen sharing feature in skype for windows 10. Thanks.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Group of Admin

Hope skype can add an function for skype support for help member who have a group without admin and add admin into the group. Because i heading a problem that a group without admin inside and not able to kick a person out of the group.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable space bar from ending calls

I really think there ought to be an option to disable space bar from ending calls on windows and apple computers. Either by adding hotkey support or some alternative solution that simply disables space bar for ending calls

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Caller ID

Caller ID doesn't work properly. For me it shows USA number to my receiver. But I live in bangladesh.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. type letters to numbers

One more function that was lost in the transition from ver. 7.
    Allow typing on the keyboard to translate to numbers to make calls. This should be simple and certainly something that a computer can do and used to do. Many companies get phone numbers that they publicize as a word, currently have to peck at the dialpad to call them instead of just typing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Wear OS (Google Wear) support

The previous Skype version had Google Wear support. It would be great if we could start Skype conversation, calls from smartwatches based on Google Wear OS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Close button [X] on right

Some popup window like "Settings" shows Close button [x] on left. In Windows OS, it should be right side. It is very irritating to click sometime left , sometime right.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base