Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Siri integration- please bring it back

Since version 8.1 release the Siri integration no longer works (e.g. Siri call Jane on Skype)

This really hinders some of our Skype calling bots as well as general usability issues for general iOS users.

See open topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skypeios-skypecallms-skype_audioms/skype-81-not-integrated-with-siri-anymore/29fa350c-9c88-4f89-b3bd-194dfbd11a0b?messageId=75e08c20-7c1b-45d5-aba7-ab6c5985a38b for more example of frustration on this feature removal.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open new IM conversations in new windows or make program smaller

Allow the new version of Skype to have IM conversations open in new windows or allow us to make the program smaller. It takes up way to much space on my monitor.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat history in plain text files

Vital for searching, archiving, backups and audits !

Chat history should be stored in flat text files, one directory per contact, files should have starting timestamp in the filename.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the search functionality as it was in previous classic version + add/improve other search features

Bring back the Search functionality. (as it was in previous classic version)

Currently the searching functionality is not up to the mark. As in earlier skype versions a user can search anything in a particular chat, but currently it seems very distracting as it search the whole skype history and user can not find the exact results for which he/she is searching.

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sending of contacts in a skype chat should be possible

sending of contacts in a skype chat should be possible

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft has ruined Skype. Why strip out Ctrl Find, Jump Back, and emasculate Ctrl C so it only copies 20% of what you select and "copy"?

Why ruin prior Skype? Even fundamental software conventions (that were put in place 20 years ago by Microsoft) have been stripped out of the "new and improved" Skype. Please provide a safe pathway back to a prior version of Skype and seriously, what were you thinking? Epic fail.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stop signing me in automatically

stop signing me in automatically

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to bring up any chat with any person, no matter how old the messages

I have messages from chats I’d like to reread but Skype has deleted them, and it’s heartbreaking that I can never have those again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WTF?

Why in the hell did you get rid of the standard DTMF tones when dialing from the keypad? Bring them back! Changing them is NOT a useful innovation.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ringing

Here's an idea - fix the damned ringing feature. I have enabled "ringing on another device" but my PC speakers, although selected, don't ring on incoming calls. The ringing is sent to my headphones as they are set as the default sound devices for calls but if I'm not wearing them I can't hear the bloody ringing.

This worked fine before you lot f*cked everything up with v8.
    Total bunch of muppets.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Hi there,
    Sorry to hear this feature isn’t working for you.
    Just like in v7, you can only ring your speakers in addition to your headphones if the OS detects any other device other than the internal sound card so 3.5mm headphones wouldn’t work.

If you are still running into the issue using supported OS devices, we will work on fixing it, but we first need your logs.

To send your logs, you need to be on Skype Preview. You can download it from https://www.skype.com/en/insider/. Once you have Skype Preview running, send us your feedback and logs from the app by going to “Settings” , “Help and Feedback" and then clicking on “Report a Problem”.

Thanks!

12. If someone is in your chat let me know when they come on skype.

When one of my friends come on skype it lets me know so if I want I can chat with them.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Video calls are not working for a lot of people in the new version. When a person goes back to 7, it works fine, yet again.

A lot of people are complaining that there have been issues. I know, I, for one could not do a video call on the new version. The person could not hear me, until I switched back to our precious Classic. Keep Classic Skype, alive!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please keep all messaging history, but have this *include* video messages. Even on Classic, they started removing them, automatically.

This is an awesome idea because I really wish I still had my video messages from some lost loved ones that were automatically deleted after a certain period of time. At the very least, we need our history and the way it's organized and kept on Classic Skype, along with how we can search through it. Something to consider with the video messages. Thank you. And, they certainly need to be longer than 20 seconds!! Even 3 minutes didn't seem to be enough. I'm not sure what anyone was thinking with this "upgrade".

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please organize "copy and paste" the way it was organized on V7.

Please organize "copy and paste" the way it was organized on V7. For example:

[9/11/2018 10:07:09 PM] Amanda Harris: As you can see. I have my hands full at the moment.
    [9/11/2018 10:07:29 PM] Dom Dzake: ok no problem

How it is "organized" on V8:

I'll keep you posted.

7:52 PM
    Ok

Amanda, 9:39 PM
    Almost finished.

Phew!

I think everyone can see the difference. It's hard to follow, whereas in Classic, it was organized perfectly, with the time AND the date, along with the person's full name.! On V12, you can't even copy a thread of conversations at all.…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. how to know when theres a message on skype

have the same on old skype where a yellow dot is left on tray icon please

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow to delete contacts without having to search through the entire contact list on Skype for iOS

Allow to delete contacts without having to search through the entire contact list on Skype for iOS. Its soooo annoying having to search through my entire contact list to have to delete a contact instead of just being able to delete them from their open conversation tab. This problem only exists on the Mac versions of skype from my experience, so just change it asap thanks.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Paul responded

If you tap on the conversation header, there should be an option to delete the contact there (unless the contact is a contact from your phone/device, in which case you will need to delete the contact off of your phone first). Is this what you are looking for?

18. Please add a MENU on the top with which one can get to any feature that are incorporated in the SKYPE. Such as "add new contact" when clickt

You should make it more user friendly. Current version of SKYPE is difficult to use and understand all the features - plus it lack many features. Best thing will be to add a Main MENU on the the top which has all items like ADD NEW CONTACT, ADD NEW PHONE NUMBER TO A CONTACT, DELETE CONTACT, CHANGE THE PROFILE, BLOCK THE CONTACT, ETC. These all should be on the Main MENU on the top so that it simplifies all the features that are mostly used. The current version has lot of flaws and complications that even a genius cannot understand…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow me to save a whole conversation as a text file

Allow me to save a whole conversation (all history) as a text file on my local computer

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base