Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Outgoing Messages - PLEASE !!!

It is imperative to have an outgoing messages. I live in Las Vegas. My phone number is 1 number different from the major hospital here. I field an average of 53 calls a day that are wrong numbers.

Back when we were allowed to have an outbound message, my message with say, "If you are calling Sunrise Hospital, you have dialed incorrectly, please call 702-xxx-xxxx. If you are trying to reach (MY Company) please leave a message.

Now not only do you not allow a customized outgoing message, your generic message is that of a young lady with a British…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Microsoft family account parental controls in Skype

Microsoft should add basic parental controls to Skype that allows a parent to (a) pre-approve all contacts on a child's contact list; (b) view chat history; and (c) not allow a child to delete the chat history.
    Microsoft already has a verifiable parental consent mechanism through the Microsoft Account family accounts feature. https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    I would like my child to contact me while I'm at work (I have Skype installed on my work computer and phone) as well as chat with his grandmother and a cousin who is his age.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete skype account without the closure of ones Microsoft account

I want to be able to completely delete skype and remove it from my microsoft account.
    Being forced to have a skype account is the single biggest reason why I hate and avoid microsoft web services, and why I'm constantly recommending friends and colleagues to avoid using microsoft services and move to google services instead.
    I hate my skype account and that I'm forced to have a skype icon in my microsoft account, that I have a stupid horrible and ugly skype username that does not match my microsoft account email, and how everytime I opened outlook there was a…

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SMS messaging from non SKYPE users / Receive SMS messages on your Skype Number

To be able to receive SMS messaging on your skype number a DESKTOP PC from non SKYPE users.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bluetooth sound quality

Fix the sound quality problems and skipping with bluetooth headphones. That would be a great start. Now conferences are a pain. Have to disconnect -> connect all the time

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UAC - Least permissions - not with Skype?

Why does Skype need Administrative rights to install? What functionality are you tapping into that justifies this? Practice what you preach!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add built-in animated gif searching service like giphy into the Windows 10 app

Smiley's are great, but I want to be able to use animated gifs in Skype on Windows 10 like I can on my Android phone.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alexa/Google Home integration

It would be great if Skype had a skill for Alexa or Google Home so for example we could make a call like this: "Alexa, open Skype and call xyz" etc. Or the same with Google Home. Also it would be great if we could do the same with messages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Skype 'Window' snap correctly

All Windows applications, at least the ones on my system, correctly snap to a corner of the screen (Windows Key - Right, Windows Key - Down). Skype snaps as well, but doesn't become the correct size, it is actually quite a bit taller than other snapped windows.

There appears to be some arbitrary minimum size for the window as I cannot make the window shorter by dragging it, even though there is plenty of free room in the application.

This only happens in the Skype Windows Desktop application. The UWP application snaps fine, but has reliability issues, which is why…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Skype should never, under any circumstances hit/call any urls found in a message

There is no way for skype to know what will happen when these urls are called. It could be anything from displaying a normal webpage to shutting down a nuclear plant.

Testers often prepare and set up a test environment in such a way that when an url is run a specific problem they found is triggered. They can have spend hours setting it ll up so when the developer checks on the issue he only needs to run the url.
    If that url is sent to the developer by skype, and then skype decide to hit that url it…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There should be an option to make Skype wake up a Sleeping computer on an incoming call

Skype should tightly integrate with the operating system and when there's an incoming call when the computer is is sleeping or turned of, it should wake up the computer.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow files and images to be dragged out of skype and dropped in another application

It should be possible to....

1. ... Drag a file you have received or are receiving to another application, for example Windows Explorer or an email in Outlook.

2. ... drag and drop an image you have received or are receiving to another application. When dropped in an imaging application, like dotNET Paint, it should show/insert the image into that application. If dragged into an applikation like Windows Explorer it should provide the image as a file.

NOTE: This should work and complete successfully even if you close Skype before the operation is complete.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dark theme more black

Dark theme of Android app should be totally black, for energy saving at AMOLED displays.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to bring back beautiful icons from first version of the Skype 8

New icons in Skype 8 is so usual but old version of that was so sexy. Please add option to switch between them.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reintroduce custom menus

Good evening,

Since version 8.16.76.8 of Skype released last February, the "custom menus" present in Skype, have been removed and the only one that is still present concerns only the change of avatar:
    https://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/11/54/95/77/34794_10.jpg

These gave a nice side to Skype which is not the case now:
    https://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/11/54/95/77/status10.png

Could you reintroduce them in an upcoming Skype update please?

Thank you in advance.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let us edit Private Conversation messages, if possible.

If it is technically feasible, let us edit already sent Private Conversation posts. I miss that compared to Standard Skype.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow direct purchases rathen than using skype credits

while getting a skype number the option is to use skype credit...this makes the taxation twice to use just one service 1. while buying skype credits, 2. while getting the skype number

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dont Show When a Message is Removed

Allow users to remove messages completely, instead of replacing them with "this message has been removed." If a user doesn't want someone to recieve a message, having that feature kind of defeats the purpose.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need the ability to mute the ringer for incoming and calls and messages.

Need the ability to mute the ringer or adjust the volume for incoming and calls and messages.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base