Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. your user interface is poor. Count the number of clicks you have to make to call a recent call, not a chat!. think amazon one-click

on my recent chats, which shows calls by the way?? why differentiate?

when I click on a recently called number it shows me a history of calls to them. Who cares! why not dial the number and go. double click doesnt even work.

But then I have a drop box of one, to call the same bloody number I just did.

I can buy something on Amazon with one click, but can't redial on skype without clicking all over the place.

thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. changing font size for Skype mobile!

changing font size for Skype mobile!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status should be editable

Users should be able to set custom status, such as "gaming, out for an hour, sleeping....". that would be nice and helpful!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Too much white space

Latest version makes some good changes, but would really like the ability to make the Skype window smaller. There is still too much white space...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WE ARE NOT GETTING NOTIFICATION FOR SKYPE CHAT, NEED IMPROVEMENT OR NEED TO CHANGE COLOR OF SKYPE SYMBOL TILL USER READ CHAT MESSAGE

WE ARE NOT GETTING (MANYTIMES)NOTIFICATION FOR SKYPE CHAT, NEED IMPROVEMENT OR NEED TO CHANGE COLOR OF SKYPE SYMBOL TILL USER READ CHAT MESSAGE

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skype does not offer a feature to import contacts from an excel file. It needs this function.

Skype does not offer a feature to import contacts from an excel file. It needs this function.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dark Theme needs significant improvement

Hurray for the Dark Theme. It is very much easier on the eyes but we really need a BLACK black, not this faded dark gray. Stark contrast is the key to reduced eye-strain.

More particularly BOLD, ITALIC, and ~Strikethrough~ are almost indistinguishable in the current colour environment with the FIXED FONT. How about you let US pick the font we want, such as Tahoma, Calabri, Console, or even freakin' Comic Sans... The one you "assigned" to us is patently awful...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Showing new message notifications at the top of the windows

Can we chose where the new notifications will be displayed. For example whether we want them on top of the window or on bottom as they are right now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Seperate tracks for each voice when recording

Hi, a lot of podcasters use skype, so the ability to record each voice track separately is a must so that cross talk and interruptions can be properly edited out. Can skype please enable something that the old third party app Pamela used to do where a conversation is recorded as a stereo track with each speaker recorded on a different side of the track. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bring back the old skype

i would of prefered if support could of been continued for skype 7, because skype doesn't work for visually impaired people, what's being done to address skype 8 compatibility with JAWS Screen reader please? why do microsoft make decisions like this? many visually impaired people don't want to upgrade skype due to it's incompatibility with JAWS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to disable Skype emoji animations

Old Skype versions had the ability to disable Skype emoji animations and I would like to see this option in current Skype version as well.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make skype 8 accessible

i would ask if skype 8 can be made more accessible for visually impaired people and i am not happy with the current layout etc. jaws screen reader doesn't work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. adding the old keyboard shortcuts from skype 7 to skype 8

i would like to ask if the old keyboard shortcuts can be included from skype 7 in skype 8 please?

and also why is skype 7 support no longer available? this is really annoying.

please can my feedback be posted in this forum please?

I'm a visually impaired user of skype and i don't like how the new skype looks i wish the classic version can be brought back.

please can this be taken into consideration please?

I'm visually impaired and i use JAWS Screen Reader.

Yours Faithfully,

Tolga Karatas.

can also the skype menu be broughyt back as well…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make skype more accessible for visually impaired people

i would like to see the old skype menu brought back in skype 8 because when using skype 8 with Jaws Screen Reader, it doesn't work and it is so difficult to access the menues. also can the shortcuts in skype 7.40 be re added for making video and voice calls please? please can this feedback be taken seriously please?

Yours Faithfully,

Tolga Karatas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No sign in feature just a two step authentication

No sign with password everytime just a two step authentication on phone like a one time password
    It will be easier for all users

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bring back the old skype menu and old shortcuts for deleting contacts, making video and voice calls, and adding and deleting contacts

i would like the old skype menu to be brought back in skype 8 because the new menues make it harder for visually impaired people to use skype also i would like to see the contacts being removed easily with the delete key just like in skype 7 and also i would like the old shortcuts to come back for making voice and video calls

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. skype 8 improvements accessibility

i am a visually impaired user of skype and i would really appreciate it if skype 8 can be made like skype 7 because this version isn't really accessible for people with visual impairments.
    please can this be taken into consideration and the menues, video calls, voice calls, cannot be made using the standard keyboard shortcuts for visually impaired users that were available in skype 7.40 please can the classic skype menue, be brought back in skype 8 please?

Regards,

Tolga.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I click "this is not useful" on the new Cortana installment, stop making it come back. Give me the option to turn it off from there.

It looks ugly, it's intrusive and annoying, and I've clicked the "this is not useful" several times thinking it'll go away, but it always shows up again randomly. That's incredibly annoying.

I turned it off, but if someone hits the "this is not useful" part of the 3 dots, TURN IT OFF. Nobody who calls something useless wants to see it again. I hated Cortana being in the new windows, why would I enjoy it in Skype?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make skype 8.0 more accessible for visually impaired people,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a visually impaired user of skype, with the assistive technology called JAWS Screen Reader, can skype 8 be more user friendly for visually impaired people please?

I have tested skype 8 and it's no where near skype 7. the nenues are so difficult to access and it's so harder to make audio and video calls

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base