Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharing of individual screens rather than the entire desktop screen

The updated version of Skype does not support sharing individual screens or windows but rather just the entire desktop. This is not a good idea specifically if you are using Skype for teaching. This could create confusion for the users and at the same time pose a greater risk on data privacy of the one sharing the screen. Please return it ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save files inside folder which name match either chat name or group name

It would be great to save files inside folder which name match with chat name or group name, currently either we have to choose where to save or it saves inside Skype folder, the feature I requested allow me to save files into a folder structure, this way files from different-2 clients or chats don't mix up, it can be a optional feature but this would be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enviar mensagem de voz pelo Xbox ONE/Series !!!

Atualmente não tem a opção de enviar mensagem de voz pelo Xbox, isso e ruim pois digitar no controle e chato e demora muito. Acredito que o Skype deveria dá um upgrade no xbox ! agradeço a todo que colaboram com a ideia.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enviar mensagem de voz pelo Xbox ONE/Series !!!

Atualmente não tem a opção de enviar mensagem de voz pelo Xbox, isso e ruim pois digitar no controle e chato e demora muito. Acredito que o Skype deveria dá um upgrade no xbox ! agradeço a todo que colaboram com a ideia.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don't lower system volume during notification!

Don't lower system volume during notification!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. when I login with the correct password it's telling me for email verfication but there is a typo in my email and when I click fix typo it do

when I login with the correct password it's telling me for email verfication but there is a typo in my email and when I click fix typo it doesn't do anything just locks up there button won't take you to any destination to help you change the email

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. people cannot remove others

people cannot removenothers from a group chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the option to modify keyboard shortcuts

I use skype allot and on different devices, so with so many different keyboard layouts sometimes it is hard to reach for example: if i want to hang up the call by using shortcuts, on wider keyboards it is harder to press ctrl + shift + H. So by adding the option to change which keys i wanna use for a specific action, then it makes it easier and more convenient to use them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "toggle read receipts " keyboard shortcut

It would be very helpful to be able to easily toggle the "read receipts" using a few key strokes instead of having to access the cumbersome settings window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. group specific birthday reminding feature

there are many people in a group.so their birthdays are also there.create a reminding feature so that they can be able to wish them .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 24 hours status update and Contact Synchronization

In other to make the youth like and love using Skype, can the developers add 24 hours status update to the Skype functions and also phone and e-mail contact Synchronization to ensure majority connect to their friends and family using either phone numbers and email address to SIGN UP or SIGN IN

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Phone number

Hi I want to suggest that you can add phone number in first use app replace of account of Microsoft because many people can't made it and have problem and dont use app . I think you should register from phone number then added account on setting for those who want it and add to it some feature such as if somebody wants to buy credit they should sign account on setting not for all people thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Code Snippet Messaging

Please provide write code or paste code snippet options while sending message,
    It's required because asterisk symbol change the code to bold portion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copa Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy

Copa Airlines will provide a full refund of your flight ticket if the flight was booked 7 days or more before the departure date. The airline rights to you change 24 hours cancellation any time. Passengers cancel a flight a few hours before the flight’s departure and the flight is not booked more than a week in advance, and then ask Copa Airlines to pay the penalty according to Copa airlines Cancellation Policy that is fully Copa Airlines Depends or the fare rules.
    https://www.eflighto.com/copa-airlines-cancellation-policy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Message read notification in chat when not online

skype does not currently allow you to see if your message in the chat has been read, when the user who sent the message is in the state (offline eg invisible). My request would then be to see the read notification regardless of the state of the sender.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to change Skype name

I would like to be able to change my Skype name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please provide a option to find out how many devices are linked with a Skype account.

I am using Skype for almost 6/7 months and have logged into 5-6 devices at my work place but currently I don’t remember that in which devices I have been using my Skype so I think it will be great to find out how many devices are active and using my Skype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. disable chat

only hosts can disable chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy

When you have to cancel a ticket, you should cancel within 24 hours after booking. In this way, you don't need to pay any type of additional fees.
    Aditionally according to Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy if you request a refund within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, you can get a full refund.
    The 24-hour flight Delta refund policy applies to flights booked 7 days or more before flight departure.
    Tickets booked within 7 days, even if cancelled within 24 hours, still need to pay.
    In addition, you can only request refunds for refundable flights. Non-refundable tickets will not be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. • Meet safely – video meetings are encrypted in transit, and our array of safety measures are continuously updated for added protection<br>

• Meet safely – video meetings are encrypted in transit, and our array of safety measures are continuously updated for added protection<br>
    • Host large meetings – invite up to 250 participants to a meeting, whether they’re in the same team or outside of your organisation<br>
    • Engage in meetings – engage in meetings without interrupting, through Q&A, polls and hand raise<br>
    • Easy access on any device – share a link and invite team members to join your conversations with one click from a web browser or the Skype mobile app<br>
    • Share your screen – present documents, slides…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base