Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uninstall Skype

Uninstall Skype

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it so we can load proffessionally outgoing voice mail files.

Make it so we can load professionally outgoing voice mail files.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block spam accounts

I'm getting a lot of spam accounts trying to message me lately. I would like a way to filter or block these accounts, or maybe just stop unwanted contacts altogether.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make Skype compatible with older versions of IOS

Please make Skype compatible with older versions of IOS. I have IOS 9.3.5 on my 3rd gen IPad, and can no longer use it since whatever upgrade occurred. Thank you.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be nice if there was a simple way to remove suggested contacts that have been hovered up. Skype just seems to hang on to them

Managing "contacts " is not good. There are lots of suggested "contacts" that are not my contacts and I will never want to Skype them. I would like to go straight to a contact delete button and see them disappear with 1 click and to leave in place the "contacts "that I use

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Always Online Status

I think it would be nice to have the status option "always online (available)" like the older versions of Skype.
    Because right now, if we are keyboard or mouse (trackpad) inactive for few minutes (example: watching youtube video) the status automatically becomes "away" even if we are still in front of the computer and that can be confusing for some of our contacts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable auto-start

Just give an option to not auto-start when the computer boots. How hard is that?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to close skype

Allowing us to close the application like every other non essential app. Skype is not instrumental to the functionality of my device, therefore I should be able to close it without having to enter task manager.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. messages

The option to 'select all' messages in a chat would be very useful, rather than having to scroll through and select each message in turn. I use Skype for student tutorials and like to keep a copy for reference. This feature would make copying conversations so much easier. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How to share system sounds with screen sharing with Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6) using Skype for Desktop version OR Skype for Windows 10?

How can I incorporate system sounds with screen sharing using Mac Desktop (Mac OS High Sierra - 10.13.6) OR Skype for Windows 10?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set default location when working remote

I sometimes work from my company's HQ, and sometimes from my own home, via Remote Desktop.

One feature of Skype that I really like is that I can set my Location, and it automatically changes when I'm working at HQ. However, when working remotely, it doesn't remember my location.

It'd be nice if I could also set my remote location and have it switch to that automatically, but if not, I'd like to be able to set a Default location that gets displayed when I'm not working from HQ. (Basically, if I'm not working from HQ, I'm working from home.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Being able to record your own voicemessage for missed calls.

It would be nice if you would be able to pre-record a voice message that people could hear if you miss taking their call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. An unlimited monthly subscription for sms and calling features. 12 cents every sms is expensive.

Unlimited SMS combined with calling is a must! Cant believe its not an option yet.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the navigation bar disappear until you tap the screen or have an option for a dark bar

Currently, while on call, the navigation bar like the home and back button are whit. I think it would be nice to have the bare disappear until you tap the screen or have a dark option as well. It strains my eyes a bit with the white bar currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bring the buzzer back to skype , you once had.

make a design, that will deleted the block people , that user have blocked, instead of keeping them and having them just blocked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Skype should use Mobile number and Email for OTP for Easily Access

Skype should use Mobile number and Email for OTP same like Whatsapp if account Blocked by any reason this will help people to get back account soon, as now talking with customer care is irritating and we need wait for 24 hours if really resolve in 24 hours, So better just provide a OTP on Email or Mobile number for recover account in a minute......

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. USAGE OF CAMERA THAT YOU PREVIOUSLY HAD ON THE SCREEN

SKYPE DID HAVE A CAMERA ON THE SCREEN TO TAKE PICTURES WHEN TALKING TO SOMEONE. COULD YOU PLEASE RE-INSTATE THIS. WE TALK TO FAMILY IN ANOTHER CONTINENT AND HAVING THE CAMERA WAS A HUGE SUCCESS FOR US.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Merge Skype and Phone SMS into one colour coded conversation

Not of fan of having Skype conversations and SMS from my phone on two separate tabs. If Skype is smart enough to merge a phone contact and a Skype contact they can thread the two conversations into one colour coded one. We had this back in the day on WP and I loved it. I literally just spent two minutes trying to clear notification badges and for the life of me there was nothing to indicate that I needed to make another click to get to the unread conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When logging in to Skype, you need to constantly enter your login and password. How to fix it

When logging in to Skype, you need to constantly enter your login and password. How to fix it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base