Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online status in group chat

Can you show status dot in group chating same like we are shows it in profile photo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Play a video with its original sounds during share screen

I would like my phone, which is android 6.0.1 for now, to be able to perform a share screen where I can play a video with its original sounds. Currently, it does not play it with its sound. Presenting a video is part of my teaching methods to my students. One more thing I wish is allowing me to mute or unmute myself during video screen sharing, like Zoom on a computer. I use Skype weekly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compte d'un contact fermé

Il serait utile de savoir qu'un contact a fermé son compte ... sinon on continue à envoyer des messages pour rien ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I suggest that paid services have access to a person for help

I suggest that paid services have access to a person for help. The level of service went from very bad to non-existent. I just want a test SMS sent to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Skype Emoji

Banish Skype emojis and instead use native emojis depending on platform either from Windows, Android or Apple.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Instagram Link Preview

Shows preview from Instagram links.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Transgender users to change their Skype ID or disentangle skype from their Microsoft account

I am transgender and my Skype ID is currently set to my deadname. This is deeply distressing, and I have been told by support that the only available remedy is to delete my Microsoft account, which will lose all of my purchasing history and who knows what else (windows licenses???). Please allow transgender individuals to ability to change their Skype id, or regenerate it, or at least disentangle their skype accounts from their Microsoft account.

Reference number: 1528655126

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How to fix AOL Mail not working on iPhone problem?

Before starting any of these fixes, you should first check if the problem lies with the main server of the program or it is internal to your device. If the problem is with the server, you'll have to wait until the organization resolves it. On the other hand, if the problem lies in your device, then you can use the hackers listed below to fix AOL emails not working on your iPhone. However, try putting your iPhone in-flight/flight mode first, then turning it off again, it will restart your connection to see if it was an internet problem.
    https://sites.google.com/site/aolmailnotworkingoniphone/home

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Skype Name

I want to be able to change my Skype Name to something more "memorable" than a bunch of letters and numbers, like it was possible before. I think not allowing to do that is not a smart strategy from Microsoft, given the huge amount of available services nowadays. People is choosing the easiest and quickest way to communicate, and personally, I'm not gonna use this live:.cid.61ed1c3e0a515403 "nickname" to give it to anyone, so I'll use Google Meets, Zoom or whatever instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 'myday' photo/video status.

it would be better if you can add up 'myday' photo/video status but make sure to take down nudity, and hateful comments regarding gender identity, race, religious belief, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group already exist with same users suggestion message should display while creating other group with same persons

While user creating any group with couple on user and we already have existing group with same persons then Skype should give a message like
    We already have a below group for same persons. Please select group if you want to continue the same.

Coz it's creating long history for each different conversation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Receipent sees that you have read a message

It would be great if I could adjust settings so that the recipient doesn't know I have already their message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Leave Message

Users should have an option to set up auto-reply message, when they are away from Skype. It should work like auto-reply mail. User should be able to enable it by writing his/her message whenever it is required.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Real time texting

A feature that allows for real time texting, i.e. the receiver sees what the sender is typing in real time without pressing the send button, is a major improvement in real time communication. This is a service that has become compulsory for all new phones, and it would be a great feature on Skype. It would be a highly attractive feature for the hard of hearing/speech impaired community, which would be more inclined to use Skype. Many thanks for your consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ear wax removal clinic Sheffield

Hearing misfortune is one of the serious issues brought about by numerous individuals of individuals on the planet. In senior occasions there had no answer for the consultation misfortune and individuals who had such case endured a ton. In any case, by the innovation of portable hearing assistant It tackles the greater part of individuals' deformity by assisting them with hearing the sounds and furthermore helps individuals to ready to talk by utilizing different language instruction procedures. We are the mainstream ear wax removal clinic Sheffield. Presently the improvement in the portable hearing assistant making is going very fastley. Presently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The user can schedule online and offline.

The user can schedule online and offline as per weekdays and weekend so that user can manage his/her availability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microphone is not working if Skype tab is inactive on Safari

When I have a call with someone on Safari web version I wanna be able to switch my tabs. Now if I go away from Skype tab my micro turns off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

While Sharing a movie on Android the other person can not Listen to the audio of the video being shared!!!! Please do something it would make it fantastic feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Old updates

Update to old versions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 462 463
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories