Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add setting to use external browser on mobile

Please provide a setting that lets users open all links in their default browser/designated app on mobile Skype. I want the functionality of the default app (YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, chrome, etc) when I open links. It's cumbersome to have to click 'open in browser' for each and every link, when it should be a setting users are able to change for all links.

The Gmail app has this feature. It's a check box that says 'open links in Gmail' that users can uncheck. Please implement something similar for the Skype mobile app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We hear you  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back privacy settings

Allow me to define who can send me messages. Either only people on my contact list or everyone.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this request. We have thought this through and due to other high priority engineering that the product needs we decided to prioritize other user-requested items for now. Please keep continue supporting this Idea and we will review it again later. I’ll let you know if anything changes.

- Petr

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base