Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give option to skype support to change Skype Name for brands

Even skype support doesn't have authority to change skype name.

at least give option to skype support so that websites owners and brand can change their skype name

why google fail in social media because most their services doesn't have custom URL which is very important for brands to share with their website visitors and clients

not everyone want to give their personal details to connect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to set the Font to Bold, and the ability to set the font itself to any of the fonts already instlled on the system.

Add the ability to set the Font to Bold, and the ability to set the font itself to any of the fonts already instlled on the system. After having eye-surgery last year, I have bad-vision in one eye, and I need bold font on just about everything so it doesn't get seen as blurred. The simplest idea is to just put in the full options of a Font-selection dialog instead of the extremely limited option of just setting the text size to Normal-small-smaller-large-larger.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. font size and be able to bold

the older version, you were able to make your font bigger and bold, is there a way to make that happen again, there are a lot of us that are vision impared, and would help a great deal, thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Preference to allow to change status from away to active whe ncopmuter wakes from sleep/boots

As some people want skype to keep their status set to "away" even after a reboot, and others would like it to automatically switch to active after a reboot (or when the computer wakes from sleep), it's probably not a bad idea to make a preference to allow the user to choose what happens in those cases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Skype for desktop version 8.62.0.83 is not launching in the background on system startup even though the option is checked in settings.

Skype for desktop version 8.62.0.83 is not launching in the background on system startup even though the option is checked in settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is there a log viewer

Can there be a setting to enable logs of messages those were deleted by other participant updating or removing the messages ?
    Can the log veiwing option can be configured by user preference in settings?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change my skype group to skype moderated group .

Sir i am already in skype group i want to change my skype group to skype moderated group . there are many students in my group so i cant able to ask to join with new moderated group.so please help me to convert new group chat to new moderated group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can you add a mic and speaker device selection options to the Mobile app on Android and iOS?

It would be great if we can change the microphone and speaker selection on the mobile app just as it's available on the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enabling/disabling communications availability by type

I would like to see the capability to enable/disable availability by category, ie, voice vs chats. In other words, indicating whether or not one is available to receive Skype calls, phone calls (non-Skype), and chats.

The selected setting should be shown in the status section for others to see. For chats possibly add a place for setting an expected response time (with an easily settable default value).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add setting to be able to auto-hide new black bars on top and the bottom on the screen (like it was before).

I hate the bars. I understand that some idiots would call you about a lot saying that their buttons "disappeared" and ask you to fix it, so you can enable the bars by default, but please allow everybody else to be able to auto-hide them (as it was before). Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn on / Turn off Automatic Skype Login when signed into Windows Desktop.

Turn on / Turn off Automatic Skype Login when signed into Windows Desktop.

This stops Skype from automatically logging users in once they sign into their Windows Desktop, to keep their data and chat(s) / video calls that extra secure.

Members will have the option to turn on or turn off the feature at their own discretion (They will need to type in their Password one more time to prove that this is the actual person changing these settings before the feature runs).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Here is an idea, if I set Skype to not launch on start-up DON'T ******* LAUNCH

Automatic launch set to OFF
    Still, EVERY time I start my PC, there is SKYPE.
    Can anyone at Micro$oft do anything right?
    I know you all think you are
    brilliant, forcing skype to the top of my system during a pandemic, "oh, people will buy and use our ."
    No, we won't.
    Skype is
    , I may want to use it sometime, BUT THAT IS MY * CHOICE.
    If I set some
    task you guys think I may want to NOT LAUNCH on startup, I would like it to NOT LAUNCH ON STARTUP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remote share while on call

When one of the peer is sharing her screen and I keep Layout option at float , some of the content is blocked by black strip at the bottom. Please make that transparent/hide it automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New feature, SKYPE ***** OFF

Here is my idea, Skype doesn't just add itself to my start up in windows 10.
    Here is another idea, when I log into the service I DON'T WANT, and then set it to NOT LOAD when windows 10 starts, IT NOT ******* LOAD.
    Come on Microsoft, you are literally designing your way out of people's interest.

I do NOT want random programs installing themselves on MY PROPERTY, and then deciding against my options to do whatever the they want on MY *** PROPERTY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hi I’d like Skype to have filters like Instagram where you can have perfect skin when u do a video call pls thank

Hi I’d like Skype to have filters in settings to use with video calls like skin filters etc .. Instagram has this feature so why not Skype too?! I’d love to use perfect skin features n filters in Skype 🙏🏽

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. all languages subtitle

subtitles should be in all languages

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. background themes option

keep a background themes option in settings so that we can select a background before a skype call like in microsoft teams . i request you make this avilable as soon as possible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype 8.62.0.83 / Can't enable call bar to hide for viewing in Shared Screen mode.

When I'm trying to see someone else's PC screen when the opposing user enables the "Share screen" mode, I can't completely see their taskbar in the Skype screen & the previous Skype version (8.61.0.87), the call bar auto hides itself.

The current Skype version (8.62.0.83), doesn't seem to have an option or ability to hide that very same call bar that has the mic mute, video disable & call hang up buttons, on it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. S3x cam

Allowing people to send s3x emojis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Last seen nd online status hide

Hide last seen nd online status nd permanent mic off while entering the call option whenever needed then only turn on

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base