Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a feature that allows user to remove or delete a number from Skype to go.

Add a feature that allows the user to remove or delete a number from Skype to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Input user name and password automatically on private computer

When I open Skype, I have to sign in each time or almost each time. It didn't use to be that way. I would like the option of signing in automatically on a private (my) computer when Skype is loaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. editing skype name and unlink with microsoft and delete old skype account

skype must give and option to edit skype name any time and change it because its not easy to creat a new account and delete the old one. So now Name editing authority must be authorized to the customer.

and unlink skype account with microsoft account option must be given to old skype accounts that they could delete old skype account and able to use a new with orignal emial account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Select Network Connection to use

Mac's can use multiple network connections. Can you allow select to the network that works (like Wifi vs Ethernet if both plugged in, and have access to the internet!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Must have an option on 'settigs' to block special keystrokes using only plain keyboard alphabet, numbers & speciall characters.

Must have an option on 'settigs' to block special keystrokes using only plain keyboard alphabet, numbers & characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Settings menu is confusing

Redesign the settings menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change id name

For several years I have tried to change my id name!!!

This should not be so painful to do!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype Should Add A Custom Ringtone Option

Skype should add a custom ringtone option because it'd be a lot more easy to identify contacts who are calling, identify group chats who are calling, and honestly listen to some nice music before answering a call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow blocking of attachments, documents, pdf files, etc. I REALLY don't want anyone sending me any types of files! It's not email!

Please allow blocking of attachments, documents, pdf files, etc. I REALLY don't want anyone sending me any types of files! It's not email!

An option to block would be nice and a pop-up to "Never allow files" would be even better when it happens and scares the **** of a user. **** i was mad, no furious, when my good friend tried to send me something and treat my awesome and safe chat program like email!! If i wanted to work i would just quit using Skype altogether and work from email. At this point i'll have to shut Skype…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy Switch between skype accounts

I have two skype accounts.
    One private, one business.
    I would very much like to either... Have both accounts running at the same time or, be able to switch between accounts without having to sign out, and sign in with a password as my passwords are very long and near impossible to memorise (I have a text file on my desktop just for skype).

Lastly, Skype used to be encrypted end to end.
    I suspect that all calls and texts are now in the clear so that security services can access the data without a warrant?
    Is this the case?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is it possible to create a MODERATED CHAT for working with a group in the latest version of Skype. If so, how to do it. In older versions o

Is it possible to create a MODERATED CHAT for working with a group in the latest version of Skype. If so, how to do it. In older versions of Skype, such a function was. For this, tremendous gratitude. And now she is needed too. Thank you for the tips and real help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My status

I would like to be able to type in my own status in addition to the existing "traffic light" system so that I can say, for example, "Back in an hour. I'll call you back then." You would have the choices 'Active' 'Away' 'Do not disturb' 'Invisible' and a new one, 'Other'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype sign you out when ideling | Prevent this behavior.

Skype client when idling signs you out and sets it self as offline until you open Skype as an active window in Windows OS. The means that no one can call or contact you over Skype chat because in offline mode nothing obviously gets through. This behavior should be corrected so that Skype is always online when you set it to "green status" even if the computer is idling or goes into Screensaver mode. it is really crazy that Skype signs you out automatically and it should not be like this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. unwanted automatic changes

Why I "have to" sort contacts alphabetically by the2 first characters, why their pictures are removed instead "automatically"?, such settings are individual, individually useful or not, thus I dislike it that any of "my personal" settings, features of appearance again and again are changed by microsoft!, and no way to set it back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn off Auto-update and download in the background

Folks, you need to allow users to turn off the checking to see if you are on the latest version unless they are running SKYPE. In my case I had very little bandwidth and was just messaging using SKYPE. The download in the background was really annoying and I couldnt stop it. I have no problem if you won't let me connect using SKYPE until I upgrade because at least then I can do it when I have bandwidth.

Thanks,
    Ed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add this feature back, to be able to chance the notification sounds used when events happen like when users log in etc.

Add this feature back... for user to be able to chance the notification sounds used when events happen like when users log in etc. This used to be a feature of Skype at one time. I liked being able to set the sounds Skype made when any event happened. I would also like to be able to set unique sounds for each contact such as when a specific contact logs in, logs out and so on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share more than 1 MB Video file size and inbuilt Voice recording features

Share more than 1 MB Video file size like Whatsapp and inbuilt Voice recording features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute ring sound incoming calls

it would be very useful to have the mute incoming call option available. The ring sound is very annoying when you use Skype to stream meetings and somebody call during the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. for the love out god make SHOW FULL VIDEO a permanant option

im sick and tired of right clicking and clicking show full video over 50 times during a call when i need to see the full video and not a 4 inch 5x zoomed in image or at least allow us to permanently disable auto cropping because when you have more than one person in a call its nice to see them for more than 3 seconds

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UPDATING SKYPE MADE EASY

UPDATING SKYPE.

-When the Help & Feedback window opens in Skype there is NO option listing Update Skype . this should be fixed. Also I cannot find it when I open Skype The Help option is necessary to click on the dots on the tp , that is not helpfull for beginners and others , It should be clearly shown separately. thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base