Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. pop up message box needs "send on enter"

Pop up message box needs "send on enter" functionality. I don't want to start a new line with enter on the desktop pop-up box. I just want to type and hit enter to send it on its way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change App Sounds

Add the ability to change the mp3 file for custom notifications. Like yall really need to do this...cause the default sounds are just not that good.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Impedir que usuários removem outros participantes do chat

Mostrar quem removeu participante do chat

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Oggetto: Identificazione di colui che rimuove utenti dalle chiamate di gruppo. Identification of who removes users from group calls

Oggetto: Identificazione di colui che rimuove utenti dalle chiamate di gruppo. Identification of who removes users from group calls.

URGENTE!!!!! Sono un insegnante di un istituto tecnico ed ho già inviato una richiesta in merito all'oggetto della presente. In questo momento di didattica a distanza , dove utilizziamo tantissimo Skype , necessita inserire una modifica nelle chat di gruppo, la possibilità che venga segnalato chi rimuove utenti durante la chat. Ritengo sia doveroso da parte vostra fare questo aggiornamento, prima possibile. Ed inoltre mi sembra doveroso e cortese avere una risposta da parte vostra anche per tutti gli utenti che…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. como se puede evitar en un grupo de Skype, alguien expulsó a los otros participantes

como se puede evitar en un grupo de Skype, alguien expulsó a los otros participantes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable Notification for specified chat

Hi. Thanks for your hard work and Skype looks significantly better now that it was a couple of years before. I would like to propose a feature that to have ability to set up notification only from a specific person or list of persons. The reason is that I have a lot of chats and I get all notifications from them. Is it possible to disable notification only for some chat and have active for another? Thank you in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We NEED notifications sounds and we NEED to be able to adjust the sound to our own needs on ALL of our devices and computers.

This is MOST IMPORTANT in Skype. When I'm busy I don't notice the little red dot when I receive a message and when I'm away from any device, I cannot hear the notification. That means I miss messages that need replies right away. I have already begun the search for a new messaging system to replace Skype if this isn't fixed/changed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Once i reply for notification through reply - Sender can see on his chat room (even receiver got the reply))

Step -

1. User login to skype (message carrier)

2. Send a message through notification (message recipient chat on another end)

3. message carrier also can see the message that replied through notification

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Misleading recharging notification

I canceled subscription but I still received this email:
    "As a reminder, starting 05/09/2020, we’ll charge you $2.99 each month (inclusive of applicable taxes) until you cancel. You’ll be notified before any future price changes. We’ll charge you for the next subscription period three days before your renewal date. You must cancel before then to avoid charges. Cancel any time on account page by clicking on the subscription you want to cancel. Learn more
    We hope you will continue to use your subscription.
    If you have any questions or wish to cancel your free trial, check Your Account or visit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Pounce" feature to notify me when someone I want to talk to comes online

Pidgin.IM has a nice feature where you click on a contact to set up a "buddy pounce". You can set it to notify you when a particular contact comes online. You can specify if you want this to happen one time or recurring. You can also set how aggressive you want the notification to be. Just a popup, just a sound, popup with sound, or even automatically sending your contact a message when they appear to start the conversation. This would be a nice thing to have in Skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Instead of making the number next to chats say how many chats you got notifications in, let it say how many notification you have in total.

Just let the chat notifications be the actual amount of notifications you got, instead of how many chats you got notifications in, because it throws me off, even though it is not important.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better Tagging of Contacts coming online in Skype

Could you improve the tagging (To be notified when skype contacts come online) It used to be a momentary pop-up in the bottom RHS of the screen. Now despite have the feature enabled it doesn't appear to work

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Throttle or limit notificatoins

It would be very nice to be able to throttle or limit notifications, for example only notify once that new messages are available, or once per a period of time as new messages arrive. When I am busy working on something else getting endless notifications that a conversation is taking place is more than distracting, the popups can block my work. The only way to limit this behavior is to disable notifications which means I never know when I have a message, or enable a do-not-disturb mode that also blocks every other app that has a more well behaved notification…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Activity

It would be good if users could have an activity indicator that changes color to indicate how much the contact is busy in various chats. As a user one should be able to configure how many messages and new chats lead to an increase in the indicated activity. The purpose of this is to be analogous to me wanting to speak to someone but seeing that a lot of other people have been conversing with the person in question, and thus deciding to wait a little bit to give my colleague some time to breathe or collect their thoughts. After…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. what is new with this last update

After an update, a link should be given to a page summarizing what is new with this update.... (make separate paragraphs: new features, improvements, bug corrections, "under the hood" (this would b for changes that are important but not readily visible, such as improvements in transmission, error corrections, and the like...).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What happened to the "Away" status? I have multiple devices active but am not near all or any all the time. The "Do not disturb" is wrong.

What happened to the "Away" status? I have multiple devices active but am not near all or any all the time. The "Do not disturb" is wrong.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I wish there was a sound when the person I'm Skyping with submits something to me.

I wish there was a should when someone submits a question or statement to me on my computer on SKYPE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show which user kicked/signed out others

Hi,

Someone kicks/signs out others in school groups and teachers go mad! Sometimes kids playing with others microphone settings..
    Sadly there is no way to find out who is the troll.

I have a simply recommendation. When someone was being signed out, there is a notification, that xyz user is signed out.
    This notification should be extented with name name of the user who did that. For example:
    "xyz" signed out by "abc"

Could you implement this small change in the next release, please?

Regards,
    Gabor

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)