Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option for the small preview window when in calls to show messages along side or instead of the video

Having the option to view these in the smaller video window would make it a lot easier than having to tab out when gaming or doing other things full screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is the accept calls in skype for business not green?

It may be that I only have this problem, but when someone calls me, I always press the red button.

I believe I expect a green button to hit when someone calls me.

Is there someone else who has this problem?

I think it's a little odd that Skype does not have a green answer button.

All phones have a green answer button or a red button when you do not want to answer.

I suggest you make the reply button in skype green.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring Close button [X] on right

Some popup window like "Settings" shows Close button [x] on left. In Windows OS, it should be right side. It is very irritating to click sometime left , sometime right.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Navigation bar and Status bar color

When we switch between the dark and light theme, navigation bar and Status bar should be change...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create your own color scheme for profile background

Instead having just 5 simple backgrounds for the profile, pull up an actual color dial with pretty much any color you want to pick from. As for the gradient scheme to it, have more options plus just the plain single color background. I just want red, or dark red. Thats all.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reintegrate Windows high-contrast mode

I am a visually disabled person. I was recently forced to update to the latest version of Skype and imagine my shock when the high-contrast settings I use on my computer are no longer effecting Skype. I’ve of course seen that Skype itself has a Dark Theme setting and have tried it. It is absolutely horrible. Not only does the centre of the screen were you see who you are calling with stay a colour gradient instead of turning black, the chat does not fully change either. Only my own messages turn black with white lettering. Other people’s messages stay…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. light colored icons (e.g. the camera, phone and contacts) on a light background (light gray circle) make it difficult for vision impaired

Create icons that vision impaired people (i.e. macular degeneration) can see. It is not easy or intuitive to find settings that can help with making the screen larger and making icons more visible.

For vision impaired people, keeping the screen layout simple and keeping it the same is very helpful (because they tend to memorize where things are located on the screen).

I am submitting this on behalf of my neighbor who has macular degeneration. he uses Skype weekly to keep in touch with his sister-in-law

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More contrasting system tray icon

Can you make the system tray icon use a solid color instead of the current gradient? Now, when in DND, it's very hard to notice the yellow dot for missed events.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Colors

Pls add more colors for the messaging like green and red.
    That would be really cool.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add more emoticons

• please add more emoticons/emojis

• option to turn off emoji conversations

• support for touch bar on Macbook Pro

• possibility to use native system emoticons

• possibility to import emoticons

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I need compact and simple chat UI for PC.

I need multi windows on PC without overrappig each other. so skype message window should be placed side with small and simple.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please keep the Skype design philosophies separated between mobile and desktop.

You've seemed insistent that mobile interfaces are the future of computing, and you're right in that they they are the future of computing FOR MOBILE DEVICES.

Apple figured out how to improve the desktop experience. Microsoft originally had almost mastered it with Windows 7, and instead of improving on that even more, Microsoft decided that mobile operating systems are the future, and they've never let up on it.

When Skype was released, there wasn't such a thing as smartphones yet. Up until Skype 8 for Windows, it was still very much a desktop-centric app.

If people want to use…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Could you please provide an option to customise the theme colours, which now we have only dark and light. This would be a massive tool.

Could you please provide an option to customise the theme colours, which now we have only dark and light. This would be a massive tool for the users who are often engaged with Skype. Customising the overall theme layout would be handy for developers who give this as a massive support, if you could implement for us.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sane resizing options

The most common user behaviour when using desktop messengers is to snap them to the side/corner of the screen and make the user list as thin as possible to allow people to keep the user list permanently on top but not take up too much desktop space.

Right now if you resize the window as thin as possible it's over double the width of the steam messenger. There's simply no need to waste peoples desktop space, most of that area is just white space inside the user list, totally arbitrary restriction that needs to be removed. If you must have…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update Skype UWP to Skype 8.0 design with fluent design

Skype UWP is so outdated. Please update the Skype UWP with fluent design for Windows 10. MS should give priority to Windows users and work on apps for windows first and release as feature complete rather than half baked one

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dark theme more black

Dark theme of Android app should be totally black, for energy saving at AMOLED displays.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Like old Skype, Translator should start in same window. And also translation for both users should br changeable by single user in GUI

Like old Skype, Translator should start in same window. And also translation for both users should br changeable by single user in GUI interface not in CLI,

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Theme

I would like more colours setting ( and personalizing ), like for example "green" or another colour!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Abandon the Swiss Design philosophy that was introduced in Windows 8

The industry trend of re-working applications using design philosophies meant for mobile devices has been a gigantic mistake that has completely ruined the desktop experience.

Skype is merely the latest casualty to this trend of so called 'modern' mobile-centric design.

Applications created with this philosophy removes features, reduces productivity, and introduces interfaces using flat design and minimalist concepts that are difficult to understand and annoying to work with.

If we've learned anything in the 6 years since the release of Windows 8 is that Desktop users want a Desktop experience. Metro and the design philosophies behind it have driven the…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base