Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable automatic "recommendation" of "potential" friends in Skype!

It's not Ok to show my contacts to other persons in my contact list as "potential" friends, without asking me if I want such a "feature". You should ASK on the start of Skype if I want this, instead of just activate such a functionality! I want to have a CHOICE to disable or enable it!!! Respect the privacy of your users!!!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want people to stop being able to see my contacts! There noisy as ****!

I want people to stop being able to see my contacts! There noisy as **** and getting in all my buisness accusing me of things!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There should be a setting to disable snapshots. Snapshots should not be allowed without the other party consent

There should be a setting to disable snapshots. Snapshots should not be allowed without the other party consent

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow me to remove Cortana Completely from Skype.

If I wanted to use Cortana and let MS have all my data and have my privacy invaded, I wouldn't be running an out-dated windows 7 and STILL using Linux on my other computer. I'd pay 10 bucks for Skype, I've seen plenty of ads on Skype, I won't pay my privacy too so you can call it "Free".

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Features should arrive Turned Off

Due to your resent act of un-privacy update where you forced us to be in recommendations, forced recommendations upon us AND made us searchable online, which I find to be a breach of privacy and a breach of trust between me and your product, I would HIGHLY recommend you to have every new feature turned OFF as you ship it.

Not everybody is the same, not everyone wants the same. So why force everybody to get the same updates?

Make sure your new set of new features are given to us in a notification first, and tell us how to…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Privacy

Apparently some of my skype contacts can view who are my other skype contacts. I don't know if this can be turned off.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Security Details - Must be added

Hi,
    If possible then please add few security options.

1- security options for IM's - i.e. everyone should be having the Liberty to choose whether to receive from whom and block unknown/unwanted IM's

2- Hiding phone number, email id, birthday and photo from unknown people

3- two step verification login

4- better recovery options for account-chat-contacts in case of hack or device lost

Please review and apply these suggestions for a better user safety and it will also help you in increasing your business.

Rest it is your wish.

Skype is lacking alot of security measures and thus people are…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Skype Profile Fully Private

I want to see implemented in skype a function to make your profile fully private, i want people who are not in your contacts list to not be able to send you a message, i want that function because im tired to recieve messages from some russians every hour i block one anoher come and i will reealy love that function to be implemened in account privacy

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to check on which devices you are logged in and disconnect them if needed !

Option to check on which devices you are logged in and disconnect them if needed !

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Protocol Specification

Please release your protocol specification and allow others to implement that. Public audit is the best way to increase security/privacy of your customers (if it is important for you)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please give choice to enable/disable auto-signin as latest version has the choice only for launch on startup.

in earlier versions we could enable/disable auto-signin which is missing in latest version. This is very important from security perspective.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PRIVACY

YOU MUST BE FORCED BY COURT TO OFFER A PAID VERSION WITHOUT ANY TRACKING, GADGETS, LINKS to Offers and ensured privacy with high penalty!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. restore options for history and privacy

have options for history and privacy

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scurity? Automatically logging in???

So although Skype 8 is inferior in any other aspect at least I read everywhere it was very secure. So I tried it and the surprise. Exiting Skype doesn't log you out - just by pressing the Skype icon again it logs automatically in. LMAO

How is this more secure product that previous Skype versions?! It's not. I need to manually logoff every time and not only logoff but logoff and forget sign in details. LMAO

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. unknown

SPAMMERS have started using a +000000 number that comes up "UNKNOWN PERSON". There is no way for me to block this type of call without limiting all incoming calls only to contacts. Please provide a way to block this type of call or at least send it directly to voicemail and not allow it to ring.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button "sign out on other devices"

This button should allow user to close all existing sessions on other devices. Just in case of comprometation.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but d

We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but dont want others trying to contact us " because we are available "

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows ... like earleir versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows 10... like earlier versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off last seen

Please provide the option to turn off last seen. People should have the option to have privacy.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base