Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete unwanted request from people list. thank you

delete unwanted request from people list. thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when i login to skype - please ask for 2 factor authentication- in skype app for windows,,, thanks in advance

when i login to skype - please ask for 2 factor authentication- in skype app for windows,,, thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide your location | make country information private

Make it possible not to indicate the country or region in the profile, or the opportunity to make this information private.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4 Digit PIN code to open/unlock the app

4 Digit PIN code to open/unlock the app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete Multiple Call History At Once

There should be an option to delete all or selected call history

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop sending us **** commercials in "Skype"

After the release of the so-called Skype version 8, we have to live with streams of unsolicited **** commercials in Skype. When will you fix that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HELP FOR SCAMMERS

I have been searching for a way to contact skype about this but I have yet to get any change! I keep receiving emails about a skype subscription in India and needing to be paid. I live in the United States and I have NOT bought a subscription!! It’s pathetic how hard it is to get help with this, I am being scammed!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Local chat PIN lock

Hi. I want to add "PIN lock" function to restrict unwanted access to dedicated chats after login was done. Pincode must be entered each time pin-protected chat accessed (switched from another chat or window restored from minimized), also all pop-up notification from these chats must not show message contents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85?

how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85??? I have old messages from 5 years ago displayed on my skype!! Why?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. why not use a 4 to 6 digit number password prompt for if you when aways for a certain time as u stay log in.

This is for hotmail, outlook and skype, all these app should ask for a digit password if you stay aways for a certain time couple minutes, nothing intrusive but to prevent someone who gain acces to youre pc while youre are away and connect into these app and web page and check all our personal stuff, you should be promt to enter the digit password after a certain time, and some of the folder should have same option to put an extra password to access them if we want to. this is too easy someone can access to you're computer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don’t log me out of SKYPE unless I request via a feature button to be logged out each time I leave a WiFi zone.

Don’t log me out of Skype unless I have requested via a feature to be logged out whenever I leave a WiFi area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Find some way to verify credit cards as mine was used illegally.

Verify the card being used belongs to the person that is using it. My debit card was compromised by Skype. Bank told me my call was not the only one they had received regarding compromised cards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to delete phone call or chat history

With emails I am able to delete any or all conversations I have had. I would like to see an option that would allow erasure of any or all phone call history and/or chats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A feature to log out from all devices

Sometimes we need to be log out from a device far away, remained at home for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to clear call list in Skype web client and application

Here is no options to clear or delete call list, both in Skype web client and application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically delete chat history

Automatically delete chat history;you can set any length of time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Security...please. Face ID. Access code. Anything

Security...please. Face ID. Access code. Anything

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile Apps

Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile apps is much needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I was

I was given this link not for sharing ideas but for feedback about the service I am very upset about. The virtual helper is not able to give an answer and to help enter the account which I have not lost data for. I know both my login and password and I do not understand why it is impossible just to send me a code of confirmation without getting to my computer remotely. If the virtual helper tried to listen to the interlocutor it would be just great for everyone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base