Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to block nuisance calls on Skype Number service

Skype's legal position in relation to its Skype number service is very questionable and worth exploring. The service is unable to stop aggressive nuisance calls, thus impacting directly on privacy and security priorities of its customers. Whilst there is a tick-box option to stop nuisance calls in settings, it has no impact, nor does it allow users to choose numbers to be blocked. This is not the same as calls to general Skype clients on eg pc or mobile. I am referring to the Skype number service where Skype sells telephone numbers to which it's customers can receive calls. So,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cloudflare

cloudflare to encrypt all traffic on skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I don't want Skype employees eavesdropping on my calls

Microsoft has meanwhile admitted that Skype employees and partner companies listen to Skype conversations. I want an option in the privacy settings to revoke permission for this. This should be disabled by default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add in a feature to stop stranger from adding into a groupchat

Someone keep adding me into a skype groupchat so that the person can spam messages to spam me.

Please do not suggest "turn off search" etc, already did and it doesn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do Not Disturb feature needs to be added.

Coming home from work there is a much needed down time. Eating dinner is scared whether alone or with family. Going to bed at a personally determined hour. All of these occasions are times of Do Not Disturb.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the old sype I could delete entire conversations adn it made a big difference. Having to do that one by one, it does not work.

I want to delete large numbers of conversations and I have no access to doing that and it does not work for me to do it one by one. it is way to time consuming. The old skype gave me the freedom to delete as many conversations quickly. Please let me know when that feature has returned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Privat call in conférence

Créer une rubrique privé sur les conférences skype ou deux interlocuteur peuvent discuter en privé des autres invités a la conférence

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Phone verification

Hello,

I reset my password and when I tried to log into my account with the new pass word, my account was blocked, and to resolve this issue I had to enter a phone number so a verification code could be sent to me, and then I was suppose to enter said code to unblock my account.

Can you explain to me, since microsoft doesn't have my number and doesn't even ask me to put my own number, any number is good as long as I have access to it to get the verification code, how does THAT help anything…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cannot view options under the tools to remove chat history

cannot view options under the tools to remove chat history

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to clear my history but cannot goto IM Settings - advanced because there is no selection for "options" under Tools.

I want to clear my history but cannot goto IM Settings - advanced because there is no selection for "options" under Tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. KEEP my status the SAME way I set it last time I opened the application

I set my status to "Invisible". Next time I open it, it is "Available". EVERY time. In the 15 years I have used Skype (since about 2003), YOU haven't done this, except for a span of time where you kept changing my status without my choice or permission. Then you left it alone, and now you are changing it again. No matter how I set it, you reset it. Repeatedly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. there is no option to clear skype search history

there is no option to clear skype search history !!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recover password

I used "reset password" function on skype app, and chose to receive code via 1 of the email on the list. I tried 3 times, and waited for 3 hours but still not receiving anything (while I am receiving other emails as normal). I requested to receive again my skype name via text and again i am not receiving the text. Then I was told that I should fill in form via live website and recover via alternative email... I answered all questions, and again, not receiving any response, and I was then told I need to wait for 24…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Security Hole Between Skype & Paypal

Paypal doesn't require a password to authorise payment after an initial purchase. This is clearly a security flaw, unlocked phones get snatched out of hands all the time. Banks are mandating 2 step authorisation, meanwhile Skype & Paypal have left the door wide open to my bank account, "because it's convenient for users". Wake up guys, Bill Gates won't be happy when his phone gets snatched out of his hand...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sign out of skype on all devices

Access to sign out of skype across all logged i devices from any device with the requirement of password confirmation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem with robo calls

Lately I have been receiving a lot of robo calls. It should be easy to submit my Skype in number to a no call list as well as report the spam/robo calls to a blocked number list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A screenshot disable button

A screenshot disable button. This would help a lot with your privacy terms. Plus a lot of people online are requesting it!. Thanks for Listening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Skype

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.