Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please introduce lock on iPhone so I can stay logged in and use Touch ID to open

WhatsApp has a lock feature so it can’t be that hard to build :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Login with username and password

Simplify login... It used to be a username and password. BRING THIS BACK! All the ridiculous hindrances I encounter, with their big brother style questions and details I consider mine and private must go! Simplify access to accounts and stop with the long, drawn out, pathetic security measures. All I did was get a new phone. Even this fact, is none of your business skype/microsoft!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change or view your password

We need this especially for people who used to upgrade phones or log in to their pc’s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. the ability to prevent a single individual from being able to see me online

I want the ability to prevent a single individual from being able to see me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add a feature to forget my login details after I sign out.

At my office, sometimes we have to use another person's computer. After I sign out at the end of the day, they can easily sign back in the next day without requiring a password. Can't you add a feature to forget my login details from the windows 10 skype app? It's desperately needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a feature to forget my login details after I sign out.

At my office, sometimes we have to use another person's computer. After I sign out at the end of the day, they can easily sign back in the next day without requiring a password. Can't you add a feature to forget my login details from the windows 10 skype app? It's desperately needed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would liek the skype account separate from my hot.ail account .

I would liek the skype account separate from my hot.ail account . I feel it will be more convenient to manage my privacy without affecting my email account eg close of Skype account does not need to close of my email and vice versa.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide Skype name from search

I would like to be able to hide my skype name from search, because I cannot change it, I do not want a new email, and it has my name in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turn off video record on Meet Now sessions

Skype desperately needs to give video hosts on meet now a way to disable the video record feature for all participants. This is a serious breach of privacy.

Just having members turn off their video is counter-intuitive when you are holding a VIDEO meeting, all participants are expected to have their video turned on.

The lame excuse that participants can record meetings with another device just doesn't hold water. This needs forethought and a degree of setup. Having a record button front-and-centre for any participant is an open invitation and implied permission for them to record sessions. Without the 'record'…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you want to call your OWN cell phone, you should not be asked a PASSWORD. Im looking for my cell in the house but I forgot my password

Im looking for my own cell phone because its lost in my house.
    I want to call it through Skype.
    Its asking me to enter my PASSWORD which I cannot remember
    I dont know why.
    I never had to enter my password fro calling phone numbers.
    Its DUMB
    Frustrating
    Wasting my time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. call a landline instead of trying to text a code message--texting does not work

Like the banks are doing, call a landline instead of trying to text a code message to
    confirm phone # or passcodes etc...Land line does NOT accept text messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. R encryption from Microsoft

R encryption is pretty much solid now days

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. disable incoming calls and pms from strangers!

some crazy guy has put my skype ID on a language learning website called speaking24.com people are calling me nonstop!!!! I am ****** of Help me please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Camera and Fingerprint to Log in Please!

millions of people with no criminal intentions are going in circles verifying and getting locked out of their skype accounts. people need to make phone calls right away! not tomorrow or next week. we have important business and family calls to make. take out the frustration by allowing us to use our computer camera to recognize our faces and finger print recognition, please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is it possible to remove people search history, as in clearing the cache and search history every so often.

Is it possible to remove people search history, as in clearing the cache and search history every so often.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base