Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include the "delete chat history" function that used to exist of the classic skype

The ability to delete your messages to prevent yourself and whoever you sent them to from ever seeing them again was (in my opinion) the best feature lost from the Classic Skype. Discord doesn't have this as a built in feature yet, but it is possible through a browser extension.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make an option to scan the files you want to download in Skype from a Skype scanner

After you click accept in Skype to download a file, make a virus scan called Skype Scanner to make sure the file doesn't have any harm, so you can be 100% complete safe, and make it an advanced scan so you make sure Skype is positive that you are 100% safe.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. permission should be required to enter a group meeting

permission should be required by host of meeting to enter in a meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Private Group Chat Idea

Hello, I really wanted end-to-end encrypted Group Chats, it will improve our security, so can you add this. We need to be safe!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 factor authentication

I know that Skype already have a 2FA but its not really effective because people can still log in to your account if they know your password and your 2FA will not notify you to accept or deny the log in request.

So i think its a good idea if the 2FA can be used to notify us and let us accept or deny our log in attempt that may not come from the real owner of the account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. группы в черном списке (groups in black list)

Я покидаю группу, меня добавляют обратно БЕЗ МОЕГО СОГЛАСИЯ.
    Минимум - не хватает настроек приватности как на многих ресурсах.
    Максимум - нужно наконец добавить возможность добавления ГРУПП в черный список.

Ну вот не хочу я быть в группе, а людей добавлять в черный список не хочу - это не решение.

I leave the group, they add me back WITHOUT MY CONSENT.
    Minimum - there are not enough privacy settings as on many resources.
    Maximum - you need to finally add the ability to add GROUPS to the black list.
    Well, I don’t want to be in the group, and I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alerting Skype to scam / phishing accounts

There are people using skype to represent companies that they do not work for and they are conducting fake interviews where they ask for personal information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you have Skype on more than 1 device you should be able to turn off the one your not using

Turn off on the devices you are not using it because I loan my phone or tablet out and I will go off when another one does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. cloudflare

cloudflare to improve dns traffic in slow internet area as well improve security

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. update

update the skype app without requiring an admin password. it will be easier to update on office laptops in which installing apps are blocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My status changes itself!

I put the status "invisible." But during a day it spontaneously and stubbornly changes to "online" itself , despite the fact that I do not exit Skype or exit - it does not matter .. almost every time I open a page on a windows 10 laptop or android phone, I have to change it to Invisibility from online though I didn't change it myself before. How is this possible? I have a feeling of the presence of another person who, without me knowing, who changes my settings. I'm right? How to avoid this problem or mistake? how to strengthen…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages

Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages from both parties or contact to grow privacy and decrease harassing for chat history.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un con

Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un contacto los archivos que compartiste con esta persona siguen estando disponibles, creo que por seguridad de los usuarios, una vez que bloquees un contacto, las fotos, los archivos y cualquier otro elemento compartido debería bloquearse también. Personalmente me genera mucha desconfianza haber descubierto ese detalle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base