Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See who is trying to connect with me

User Story / Pain:
    When someone is trying to connect with me on Skype, I need to check who it is in order to decide whether to accept the connection or not. Currently I find no obvious way to do that.

Feature Suggestion:
    Allow the receiver of a contact request be able to see the senders info and to initiate a chat with them as if they we were already contacts. That way the receiver can more easily verify the senders identity, thus avoid scammers / phishing while accepting legitimate connections.

Rationale:
    By sending me a contact request, they have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password change

The user should be able to reset the password using the secondary email id or phone number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [VIDEO RECORDING] - [SCREEN RECORDING]

Rather than having just the ability to take screenshots, the ability to take screen recordings would be magnificent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make youself completely private. NO ONE CAN CONTACT OR ADD YOU. SO much SPAM!

make youself completely private. NO ONE CAN CONTACT OR ADD YOU. SO much SPAM!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix contact request bug

Fix the bug for malicious software spamming contact request despite privacy setting already set to "DO NOT appear in search result"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Block spam messages

Block requests and messages from spam/scam accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This is a old skype feature, it used to tell me the location of the person I am chatting with.

Why is it I can send them my location when it is not possible to know their location?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. disable "tag for status change alerts" - GDPR

Referring to the GDPR laws (Personal data protection in Europe), I want to have an option to disable the possibility to tag me for status change alerts.
    When I work and what I do is my business and I consider this as personal information.
    A complaint about this will also be filed at the European Data Protection Supervisor.
    Kind regards,
    William

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Touch ID for Privacy & Security

I would love to please see a touch ID feature or a pin code whenever the app is suspended & closed on my iPhone 6s device much like whenever I’m using the outlook app. These features needs to be added for android, iOS tablets & smart phones. I don’t feel Skype is secure enough at protecting people’s privacy as it chats & contacts can be accessed if you’re left logged in. This feature should’ve been added ages ago, Microsoft need to get with the times, this is ridiculous!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poor Dutch translation

The Dutch translation of the following screen is so poor (grammar and spelling error) that It looks like a phishing site. I highly recommend to improve the translation.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-requires-attention-mobile-number/fcb5d5e5-ca71-49b1-b2ba-ec624553f50f

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent guests from recording

Prevent guests from recording

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Historic Call clean

I'm not talking about the chat history, I'm talking about the calls. My skype is over 12 years old and keeps a history of calls and people who no longer even use the service. Just like the message, the call history should have the option to clear them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No option to delete history for people search? Please can you add something to delete people search history thank you

This is very basic and should be available. I cannot delete the history for people search? Please can you add something to delete people search history thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add option to BLOCK "guest:" callers.

Currently we are receiving numerous calls from "Guest: " callers. These cannot be blocked because they do not show up in contacts, which is the recommended way to "block" unwanted callers.

This recent spate of nuisance calls by "guest" accounts is extremely annoying and may result in us switching to another VOIP platform after many many years of happy use of Skype.
    I know that I am not alone in this from what I can see from the forums.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i left my skype session open at home, how can i close all active sessions?

i left my skype session open at home, how can i close all active sessions?

Need to close all active sessions to save a friend marriage.... xD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base