Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. untethering skype account from microsoft account and deleting it separately and clearing the history.

I would like to be able to untether my skype account from my microsoft account and clear it and delete it completely because i am unable to clear my history of which contacts i have been in contact with, even if i have blocked and deleted them. When you go to the search bar you will still see mutual contacts to contacts that you have deleted and blocked and i would like to get rid of this feature. As seen in my conversation with a microsoft agent, reference number: 1012489451.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Class Action Lawsuit pending

GDPR Class Action Lawsuit Pending against Skype and Microsoft for denial of right to be forgotten and frustration of Chat History removal. Release of new software updates with same being fully tested or ready for launch, that is not having the same capabilities for Private Data removal as previous versions. These tech ******** are constantly invading people privacy and constantly loop holing the legislated system. Fines are no longer adequate, owners and staff must be prosecuted and jailed for such constant Tort of Interference. Private companies can no longer be allowed to manipulate the law in such ways.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. seperate lock for a contact

i m here to give u a idea about setting a lock for seperate contact or chats so that if we have to open that contact we should enter a password....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OTP for logging in to a different/new device should be implemented

Security settings such as OTP for logging in to a different device should be implemented to avoid hacking accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You can make our account more secure...

You have to give a notification when another person is trying to open my account. Ya I know I have a personal password but this would be better if you provide an another level of security

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Medical Use

We need the platform to be both HIPPA (USA) and PHIPPA (Canada) compliant so we can to telehealth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Invest

*** and life

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove People Search History in all versions of Skype

Please provide the option to the user to delete all the search people history from history settings. It will provide the user to have better privacy and secured platform.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Active Status

an option to disable wether or not friends can see your active status should be available for privacy reasons. goolge hangouts offers this, there’s no reason why skype can’t either.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Opposite person using skype PC/Laptop or Mobile

Hello All

One of my friend can told me that when i am online from mobile and when i am online from Laptop/PC

How it's possible?

It was really correct whatever told by him

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. block contacts and delete contacts!! this would be an IMPORTANT feature

years ago you could block contacts or delete them, this is a very IMPORTANT feature to include, please consider

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clarify account recovery procedure and allow more attempts for sending the code

When I get locked out of my account while having two factor authentication enabled, and I don't have my authenticator set up, I get only three attempts to get the code to recover it.

Because of the two step verification, I need to use two codes, one sent via email and one sent via SMS. However, if one of the codes is not working, I need to restart the procedure, and then I can only get one code, and not the other.

This is very frustrating, because I effectively get only one chance to recover my account in 24 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base