Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please create an option for deleting the search history in skype for names searched to not pop-up for privacy issues, thank you.

This option will let our private searched or contacted person be hidden and not to be found out just by looking into the search results even after the chat and call history is deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permanently removing all aspects of unwanted contacts

Despite blocking someone, or removing them from the view list, many would benefit from an optional feature allowing you to remove a contact from all areas of the platform. Currently when you completely remove someone they still appear when you click in the search bar under the people list. Being able to make it as if your account had never associated with another due to personal reasons would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. LOCAL PASSCODE FOR SKYPE

Local passcode will may very necessary and useful features for this app. You should give this feature in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Private conversations in teams for up to 30 people

Private conversations are only available so it seems on a one to one basis
    For security purposes it would be great if thsi could be expandend

regards
    gfboulogne
    rotterdam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Webcam privacy

There should be an option for Webcam as if the person who doesn't want to be seen in camera can adjust the Webcam settings to not be seen (his/her camera remains close) but only after he/she opens the camera option during the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ВЕРНИТЕ СТАРЫЙ СКАЙП!!!!

НОВАЯ ВЕРСИЯ НИФИГА НЕ УДОБНАЯ!!!! ВЕРНИТЕ 7 ВЕРСИЮ СКАЙПА !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Parental administration access

My 15yr old daughter has Autism and loves to have the independence to use Skype to talk to her school friends and other family members. She is unaware of the social dangers that platforms like Skype can pose and we have recently been aware that she has been using the search facility to try and find friends but has ended up trying to contact random Skype members. I think that it would be good for parents to have some sort of password protected administration access to allow them to create a contact list for their child so that the child…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to cancel invitation

Refer to my case 1497717395. I accidentally chat my friend's old account and now that account linger in my profile unable to be remove or delete. Already contacted CS and he can't remove it either due to he doesn't have access to cancel chat invitation...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This is about privacy

I would like the function with privacy that can block the other party being able to start a recording at all. I know we can see if its being recorded but i would like the option of being able to block it in the first place. Many of us need skype more than ever and privacy is paramount. IF this can happen ASAP please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make account recovery a "human in the loop" action.

The account recovery app assumes records are available on use years in the past. *** u me precludes recovery otherwise. Either put a person in the loop, or allow failed recovery attempts to be resolved by a person in the loop.

All automatic fails to meet (this) customer needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make sure public discoverability is turned OFF by default for child accounts.

I just set up a child email/Microsoft account for my daughter, which is required to enable family safety and security features on the PC. However it seems to actually increase the risks to her safety, because common-sense safety or security settings are OFF by default, and it takes many hours to discover how they can be enabled.

For instance, although she has never used skype, a skype account was automatically created for her with the Microsoft account, and the "appear in search results" defaults to ON.

As a result an unknown middle aged man has attempted to contact her via…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unknowns should not able to call, until i accept their request

Person who have never chatted with me, and sending a request by just a simple hii!, should not be able to call me until and unless i have accepted the request.

Today what i face is:
    I was doing some office work (as this is lockdown time, so wfh is the only way). I got a random hi from a person named Deepak D.
    I was wondering who could it be, just then it strike in my mind, that there is one deepak in my office, this might be tge same one. Before my mind could get into any conclusion,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deletion of account over blackmailing

If someone threatens you or blackmail you over Skype. Account of that person should be deleted after report received by victim.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Status changing by itself often

Hello,
    I have updated to your new update the other day and the issue I have reported many times is still happening. Under no circumstances should the status change from “Invisible” to “Online” without the account holder doing it themselves. Please fix this bug so the status won’t change for any reason. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ruolo amministratore per chat di gruppo - Managing role for group chat

Sarebbe interessante poter scegliere se la chat di gruppo abbia un'amministratore (che sia l'unico che possa avviare la chiamata e che una volta che decida di chiuderla per tutti, nessun altro possa rientrarci) - It would be interesting to be able to choose if the group chat has an administrator (who is the only one who can start the call and that once he decides to close it for all, no one else can return it)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1497076547

No dar control total a todos los usuarios de un chat grupal. Recuperar los roles de Listener o Speaker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatic convicted *** offenders check upon registration for Skype, Microsoft ect.

Background checks to keep the cyber crime down, Skype is a pool of online minors performing making money off ******** desperate people , mostly from the phillipines ect. Nothing is safe anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excesivo tiempo de espera

Hola mi sugerencia es que deben acortar el tirmpo de esperar para verificar una información, 30 dias es excesivo y mas para una persona que lo necesita para estar en comunicación constante. A demas, colocar como requisito en el formulario la antigua clave cuando quiero cambiar el correo porque no se la clave para que me llegue el codigo de seguridad. Deben cambiar un poco eso

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base