Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype Subscription plans

Many of us use skype to communicate with our families across the globe. Now, more than ever before, we need more support to communicate and connect to our loved ones. I specifically require unlimited minutes to speak to my mother in a foreign country.

I have seen a post requesting unlimited subscription minutes and this would be THE most compassionate position for skype to embody.

However if that is not guaranteed, perhaps we can get unlimited calls to 4-5 numbers globally so we can connect with our immediate loved ones and family members?

We need this soon please!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Charge the correct rate for calls to land lines

Skype advertises a cost of €0.03 per minute to call land lines in Ireland. However, it is faulty, and can mis-identify land line numbers as premium rate numbers.

E.g. land line number: +353 (0)1 5141234

Skype will mis-identify this as a premium-rate number that starts with the "1514" prefix, and charge a rate of €0.34 per minute. Despite premium rate numbers not being contactable from outside the country.

I would suggest fixing number identification in Skype so it charges the prices advertised. The above Skype bug has costed me all my credit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open skype while in COVID-19, then older people can talk with family. And maybe they will stay if they like it.

Op dit moment zitten veel oudere vast in een verzorgingshuis zonder enige vorm van contact met hun familie (man, vrouw, kinderen of kleinkinderen).
    Indien jullie skype openen zullen zij weer contact kunnen leggen, en als het ze bevalt zullen ze misschien wel blijven.

Indien dit een mogelijk is zal ik mij inzetten om ervoor te zorgen dat bv een mediamarkt of coolblue of andere firma zal kunnen gaan voorzien in apparatuur.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Joost Nooijen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How about a human being available to help

customer service in a human form?????

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No ad feature

No ad feature that takes away ads for a week then 0.99 a week for no ads

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Skype credit vouchers in Japan

I would like to see Skype credit vouchers back in convenience stores in Japan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A good idea would be to stop charging an inactive account

Apply a similar policy to paid products as to Skype credit. Rather than continuing to charge an inactive account temporarily suspend it/make it inactive - some sort of check that it is appropriate to be taking money.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unlimited subscription to Ethiopia

Just wanted to suggest having unlimited monthly Skype calls subscription for calls to Ethiopia as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pay anytime.

We should have the option to add subscription time without waiting until expiry. The option to pay anytime can better help manage budgets and other allocations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Confusing information about subscriptions

As for subscription to call uk says landlines and mobiles yet vodaphone a large carrier in the uk is not covered.. there should be clear indication on which carriers are covered.. I purchased twice different subscriptions and had to spend time getting credits, even agent was confused.. which you should do more training to cover these issues. I should not be the one educating your agents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. why cant I get purchase history for the year, only month by month?

Please provide an annual billing history. Monthly summaries make us do more work - make it easy for us to see annual billinghistory, since most of us have few items per month

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Other products subscription offers

And web browser you can open in Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Australian skype number is not covered by caller ID

When we call someone from our skype, it will show the private number on other's screen and most people are not receiving the call due to the same reason. So can you please prioritise and help to set Australian skype number as a caller ID.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop making the options so deceiving!

Make the options much more simple and easy to understand! Purchased a Skype Number under the impression I would be able to sent and receive SMS.... Nope! You have to buy Skype Credit for that... But wait! You purchased the wrong type of Skype Credit, the kind that only lets you make phone calls, not send SMS (even though that's not mentioned)... And oh yeah, it's almost 12 cents to send a SMS with the right type of credit when it should costs less than a 1/2 of a cent (see Twilio pricing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I do not see a way to recall the allocated credits for a Skype member who is no longer associated with the firm #1493985971

I do not see a way to recall the allocated credits for a Skype member who is no longer associated with the firm, I understand the policy that once allocated, the credit can not be called back but this is a fair ask. #1493985971

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Well, the payment options for people on a Monthly Income needs changed or something.......

Ok well, the population numbers on Disability is quite large, and I've found there are services that have nothing in place to aid us on Disability with our payments for services, like ensuring a payment only comes out on the 1st of the month to avoid problems with our bank accounts and stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Affiliate

I would like it if you started an affiliate program so that I could recommend your Skype local phone number service on my websites and to my contacts, with a discount code, and if they use the discount code the purchase is tied to me and I earn an affiliate commission.

And the same for people who sign up for other Skype services and for the program/app itself if that getting users is worth something to you.

Kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's RIDICULOUS that I bought a year subscription for a number and I reached a limit that didn't allow me to buy a year of minutes!

You should allow people to use the same credit card to buy a year subscription of a number and a year subscription of minutes. It's ridiculous that I was advised to create a Skype Manager to buy credits to then buy the minute subscription. In addition, the unlimited subscription conveniently costs $30.50 but I couldn't buy those credits, I had to buy either $10 or $30. So for .50 I had to buy another $10 worth of credits! The answer I got was that I could use the extra money in my personal phone (I do not need this!). I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base