Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us – something like a full-blown phone system. With all the features, call waiting, three-way calling, call forwarding, call block etc.

I don't mind paying a little extra furry phone system that works properly. This is the only VoIP phone I have ever used that has minimal problems. Other than Google voice. Please add many more features. I pay for this every month for the last five years so I hope you do something to help it be more like a regular phone system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add these cities to MN St.Paul,Bloomington, Eden Prarie, Edina or Minntonka for skype numbers

St. Paul, Bloomington, Eden Prarie, Edina or Minntonka for skype numbers Add please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Re-add Connecticut phone numbers to skype numbers

Re-add Connecticut phone numbers to skype numbers. Reference # 1480811235

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dutch local numbers

Please add Dutch local numbers as useable Skype numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. microsoft live account

Many other online business make signing in with your email address/username interchangeable, but when I signed in with my email address, Skype created a separate Microsoft Live Skype account -- without warning me. In fact, I bought Skype credit on that new account, not knowing it would be unusable on my original Skype account. Support helped me get a refund, but also told me there are THREE ways to sign in to Skype. This is so impractical and frustrating. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello Please add Cambridge to your available locations for Skype Numbers. Thank you.

Cambridge (UK) was previously an available location for Skype numbers. It seems to have been removed from your list. Our number has been sent back to the numbers pool and now there are no Cambridge numbers listed in the pool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Paid Subscriptions

I currently have two subscriptions for Skype-to-phone calls - 60 Minutes Worldwide (60M) and Unlimited US and Canada (UL). Now, if I make a call to the US, first of all it is deducted from the 60M, and only once the 60M is used up, are the US calls guided to the UL. Now, this means that if I make a 50 minute US call at the start of the month, I am unable to make a 30 minute China call later on in that same month, although I have an UL subscription. All US and Canada calls should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Buy gift right from the Skype app

I tend to purchase a lot of small gifts 9Skype credits) to my loved ones. It is such a hassle to do so. I wish I could do it right inside the app without going to other URLs. Just click on contact and choose the options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card

if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card ourselves it would be most helpful for the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. important skype calling credit features for the skype app

please enable users to change their credit or debit card in the app without forcing them to log into skype through a browser to then buy credit as that lead me to top up the wrong account today. For example, add a LINK that enables them to change their credit or debit card in the app. Also, enable users to purchase credit to call countries WORLDWIDE from the app, and i don't mean through subscriptions, i mean WITHOUT having to buy a subscription . This is something i wasn't able to do today either. Instead i was faced with 3…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back Netherlands Skype numbers

Skype used to offer Netherlands SkypeIn numbers, and even still has support pages that refer to them, but will no longer let you buy a new one. Support says this is due to the "development plan". Taking away a feature that is important to users in an entire country, with no indication if/when it will be brought back, is not cool - PLEASE bring back Netherlands Skype numbers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why limit the worldwide to landlines in the EU??

I have a worldwide sunscription and is really useless; it is limited to landlines for countries in the EU. Unles this is changed (no one has landlines anymore), will stop subscription as it serves no purpose)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Refresh the subscription at 00.01h every 1st of the month. Secondly, return the Skype customer support telephone contact

It works better for users if the calling minutes are activated on the exact time as the new month begins i.e 00.01h on the 1st of each month.

Secondly, telephone contact makes contacting customer support faster and easier. Chatting by texting takes a lot of time, in most cases requires computer to have larger screen and typing keyboard and doesn't really capture issues as talking does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add sending and receiving SMS feature to Brazilian Numbers!

I really think Skype should introduce Skype Number from Brazil the feature of sending and receiving SMS. Please add sending and receiving SMS to Brazilian Numbers ASAP!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Receiving One Time Pass Code Calls on a PAID Skype US Phone Number

I have had a PAID US Skype number for a few years. I use it mainly while I travel outside the U.S. One of the main reasons I got the number was to receive One Time VOICE Pass Codes from businesses. That ability to receive VOICE One Time Pass Codes stopped two weeks ago for some reason. It took 2 weeks of investigating on the business side to tell me the issue lies with SKYPE. I even added the 888 phone number the business uses to my SKYPE and Phone contact lists. Did not resolve the issue. I spent 30…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Spain and Italy virtual numbers on the list

I suggest to please add more countries to the list to purchase Spain and Italian numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current #. Have an option for checking availability of a custom #

I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current phone number; or one that would spell a word making it easy for others to identify or remember. for example: 875-6833 in my area code. How would I check if it is available, like one would do if they wanted a custom license plate? I want this phone number because when it's spelled, it is a cliché I use often. If you add this option, can I have this number for free for making this suggestion? I'd like it with a 312 or 630 area code, however…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bypass press number to allow call to go through on skype numbers

Bypass press number to allow call to go through on Skype numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The process for German address verification is being handled incompetently

This is a complaint.

The process by which you are handling the German "address verification" is utterly unacceptable, and incompetent. You sent one email three months in advance, stating I should have received a paper letter in 2 - 4 days.

The email was not seen by me, and the paper email never arrived.

There was no further contact from you in any way - until I received an email stating the business number was canceled and irrevocably lost to me. This was my business number which was on all business correspondence, business cards, clients lists, etc.

Your support personnel…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I find it is very expensive to use skype to phone from Canada to Sri lanka. I wish you charge much less than what you charge.

Your charges discriminate against the poor who do not have internet in their houses cos charges for skype to phone are not reasonable. Where as rich people in poor countries can skype on line free if they have internet and skype registration. There is no justice in this regard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Skype

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.