Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Soy de Buenos Aires - Arg. Por favor Skype habiliten el modo de pago de las suscripciones con cupón en Wester Union- Gracias !

I'm from Buenos Aires - Arg. Please Skype enable the payment method for coupon subscriptions in Wester Union- So that we can use Skype people who do not have credit cards do not use debit or other Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As a user, I also hope that the Philippines would be included in the Unlimited world subscription list of Skype's future versions.

As a user, I also hope that the Philippines would be included in the Unlimited world subscription list of Skype's future versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Complaint

It is so sad to see the shoody state of servicing on the chat line --- It was never like this before ... It sad that i had to end my 7 year old subcription for a skype number -- However , i am very convinced that there is no one responsible from skype who shall ever pick up such feedback and action

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Breakout Rooms

Add breakout rooms PLEASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Introduce settings on Android and quit lying about minutes before sign up.

I am sorry but this android app has zero settings, except for notifications. I can't even adjust anything.

Also, they lied to me, saying unlimited calls in the USA, since Microsoft doesn't pay for domestic calls or minutes (which is why magic jack, nettalk, Google can have free domestic calling). Unfortunately, they only allow 100. I would have not purchased the Skype if I thought they offered under 1000 minutes a month, which is still barely enough for 3 10 minute calls a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 100 minutes is pathetic and a joke for the paid Skype

I am sick to my stomach that I paid for the year and only get 100 minutes per month.

It costs Microsoft zero dollars per minute, because just like ooma, et al.

I gave money to price gouging business executives, not people empathetic with a customer base.

60 minutes per day is 1800 minutes per month, which is barely enough minutes to call mom, a girlfriend, get customer product support, daily.

Even keeping my cell calls down to 4 minute blocks in 1996, I usually used 450 minutes, which racked up a $130/month phone bill at 10 cent per minute…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MISLEADING unlimited world landlines/mobiles information: ITS NOT WORLDWIDE!!!!! and countries are not included especially mobiles

I've just subscribed to unlimited calls worldwide to landlines and mobiles. this information that its unlimited world calls to landlines and mobiles is very MISLEADING and looks DISHONEST. I don't think that a big corporation like Skype would care about this but It's very misleading. I'm disappointed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Je croyais que s'était automatique, dès que le compte est debité, les min sont aussitôt dispo. Dommage que je devrais attendre après des jrs

Je croyais que s'était automatique, dès que le compte bancaire d'un abonné est debité, les minutes sont aussitôt dispo.

Dommage qu'on devrait attendre des jours pour que cela soit en place pour pouvoir communiquer.

Il faudrait améliorer votre système à ce propos, faire un truc genre système instantané de mise àjour aussitôt compte bancaire débité, aussitôt le compte skype de l'abonné crédité.

J'ai eu des frustrations, j'étais sur le point d'annuler mon abonnement, heureusement un des vos conseillers m'a donné des précisions sur ce decallage.

Merci et j'espère qu'une amélioration pour se faire, ceci pour votre bien !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Purchasing a Canadian number

Can we add to purchase a Canadian number? Using an American is not what I need to contact people back at home (work and personal)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. your system has a flaw , while buying skype numbers using skype credits

In India, i cant buy Skyoe number directly, as you are not allowing India credit cards for payment.
    So, need to buy Skype credits and use the to buy Skype number
    2 issues here
    1 ) I cant buy a number of Skype credits of my wish, these are fixed by you for the Skype phone purpose.
    2) this is the flaw, When I use Skype credits for buying Skype number, local taxes should not be charged, as local payment gateway being not used.. as i have already paid taxes while buying Skype credits

Please fix these 2 problems ASAP,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Skype numbers available to more countries so that one's contacts can call one without having to pay international call fees.

Make Skype numbers available to more countries so that one's contacts can call one without having to pay international call fees.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An Idea is simple and easy for those who do theirs job sincerely

Don't dare to mislead the situation by saying violation of terms and conditions. At least not to those who's been using skype for ages. your system flaws are not our violations. To the educated person in development fields and execute levels it's just a shame to hear this kind of irresponsible way of treatment. Skype if you lack well-qualified and deserving professionals and Technicians for your system to run smoothly and flawlessly kick out all of them get the one who is a perfect solution for this platform. it's too much especially when time is demanding on certain tasks and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Calling from pakistan to pakistan numbers, disable caller id should be there

Pakistan to pakistan calls on mobiles and landlines should have option to block caller id.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype Number in multiple countries under 1 subscription

An option for multiple (random) Caller ID's, as a paid subscription of course!
    The purpose being for those of us that need to contact clients all over the world we can at least appear to be more "local".
    Each time a (random) number is used it could stay assigned to the user for say 14 days (to allow the recipient to call back or message), and if we make repeated calls to the same country within the time period the 14 days resets and carries on.
    As an added bonus a user could choose to cycle to the next available…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please improve user's experience for customer support

Today I have issue while subscribing skype but I faced a issue. I tried everything from my side and still cannot subscribe. I contacted customer support but what she did was simply instruct me to "try another browser, try another internet". Even I state it is urgent, it still takes the agent 18 minutes to conclude "i need to escalate". The agent's reply is slow and which results that I gave up skype and switched to alternative product. The case is 1021462214.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mi suscripción fue cancelada por problemas con mi Tarjeta de Credito y me quieren aumentar el precio en 42% por el mismo servicio

El banco cancelo mi tarjeta de crédito debido a lo que considero consumos extraños, todo esto sin mi conocimiento y conocimiento. Esto afecto todas las afiliaciones pago automáticas que tenia. Entre ellas las de Skype, yo tengo una suscripción de USD6.99 mensuales con 300 minutos a Venezuela. Ahora que el banco me envió una nueva tarjeta de crédito estoy tratando de reactivar la suscripción de skype y no puedo, por que no aparece la misma opción al precio. Me quieren cobrar usd9.99 ósea un 42% de incremento por un error que no es mío y que estoy tratando de mantener…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using unlimited offer in front instead of limited ones for same service

When having 2 subscriptions covering same or part of same service, and when one is unlimited, the unlimited subscription must be prioritary on limited ones or it would be deeply unfair for the customer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disclaimer for VoIP numbers on Skype Number service

I've bought a Skype Number in Ireland, and instead of a number with area code, I chose the VoIP option (076 area).
    My number was not receiving calls from many users, from different countries, and after having a chat with Skype Support, I was told that VoIP numbers can be blocked by some operators.
    The whole process of canceling the VoIP number and getting a new one was dealt perfectly, but we noticed that there is no disclaimer or warning in the purchasing page about the possible limitations of a VoIP skype number in Ireland.
    So my suggestion is to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. bad service and support

Please never go with skype paid service, their support level is very bad, every time they will ask you to wait for 24-48 hours but they will never give you the solution. and eat your money.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base