Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone

10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone with your forceful update to the latest version. Either you would have allowed o use classic version that has the list feature or not forced to new version. As the result, my business has come to a standstill and I am back to square 0. Now would you take responsibility for this loss? WHY CANT SUCH A BASIC LIST FEATURE NOT BE ADDED IN THE NEW VERSION.

FRANKLY, I FEEL LIKE COMMITTING SUICIDE. And you will be responsible for my DEATH. I mean what I said.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. All contacts in Contacts tab are already in alphabetical order. The Chat tab is a chronological list based on activity. It can be sorted either by unread messages first or by last activity first.
    - Petr

3. Organizing contacts the way we want in Favorites &, then, Skype keeping contacts in alphabetical order, like before. No suggestions, please.

Let us be able to organize contacts the way we could in V7, especially with "Favorites". I have six in "Favorites" and I love being able to organize them from top to bottom, with who I need to talk to the most. Someone special is at the top and I'd like them to stay there, above anything, including suggestions. On Skype V8, Skype's suggestions were at the top and "Favorites" were underneath and not how we organized them, either, but all out of order. How it was organized in V7 was perfect. Thank you.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  Paul responded

We will not force you to see Suggestions in your Contact list soon…

4. Ability to create custom contact lists

The ability to group contacts in custom lists such "Friends", "Family" etc, and be able to show those within the app.

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this request. We have thought this through and due to other high priority engineering that the product needs we decided to prioritize other user-requested items for now. Please keep continue supporting this Idea and we will review it again later. I’ll let you know if anything changes.

- Petr

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base