Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add a button to automatically disable the use of the camera.. i've been through cancer & NEED to control who sees me & when

please add in the buttons controlling front/back camera, the ability to turn all cameras OFF. I've been through chemo/radiation and need the ability to turn off the camera when I am very sick.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. You can always choose to make an audio call only or answer the call as an audio call. Video calling is optional. Check out these links, you might find it helpful.

- Petr

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34859/how-do-i-answer-a-skype-call

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34858/what-can-i-do-during-a-skype-call#Audio%20settings

3. Problem with the camera in MacOS Mojave

Skype does not find my camera since I updated to MacOS Mojave, even after re-installing Skype. My camera works with all other applications, but not with Skype. Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you reaching out to us. This forum is intended for new ideas and feature suggestion. If you have a technical issue which needs support, please visit our Skype support site ( support.skype.com ) or our Community ( answers.microsoft.com ) and submit your issue here.

Thank you
    - Petr

4. Ability to personalize voicemail

How to customize voicemail as before?

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype should allow me to transfer a call session between devices

I might start a call on my iPad, or on a web client, but want to transfer my call over to my phone, my surface, my surface hub, mac, or other signed-in devices. I should be able to hit a transfer button to send a call to another active device on my account. There should be a quick hand-off, and the call should activate there without interruption, in group/individual calls.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuously working to improve the quality and functionality of Skype to meet your needs. Please continue to contribute your ideas — it push us to innovate, problem solve, and understand your needs.
    Thank you for helping us improve Skype.
    - Petr

6. Desktop API for Skype 8

I have a Plantronics .Audio 628 Skype certified Headset that has inline controls particularly an Answer/End Call button that use the Plantronics Hub program to make it work. That program uses Desktop API which is available in Classic Skype.

Unfortunately Desktop API seems to be ABSENT in Skype 8.

I would like to have the answer/end call buttons to work with Skype 8 so I could answer or end calls faster. So please bring Desktop API to Skype 8

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Thank you for your feedback. We already support some human interface device (HID) commands on our Universal Windows Platform Skype app. Our current support includes end call, mute/unmute your mic, and increase/decrease volume.
    You can install our UWP app from the Windows Store app.

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base