Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blur my background for CPUs that do not support AVX2

Can blur my background be aupported for PCs that have CPUs that do not have AVX2 support?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add accept incoming calls automatically for all iPhone and iPad.

Add accept incoming calls automatically for iPhones and iPads.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reeanble the ability to make a call to someone not in your contacts list...

...I don't see how you can do this in Skype 8, and there's nothing in help about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype calls - data use

Two parts:
    More easily accessible info re. how much mobile data a Skype-Skype call uses.
    A ‘counter’ giving some indication of useage during a Skype call would be really good so folk can monitor the call as it happens.
    Various searches online showed folk reckon about 3MB per minute for video calls but a chat with one of your customer support people just made me aware that it’s a lot more than that (ref. 1466857335).
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Classic and New alert sounds

Hello Skype, quite recently you guys have changed all the ringtones and alerts to an updated soundtrack, and me and many other people feel that we should be able to choose between the new alert sounds and the old classic ones considering many people love the old sounds and it brings lots of people nostalgic memories from using skype back in the day. I for one would love Microsoft forever if Skype users got the chance to choose between the Classic and New alert sounds. Hopefully you guys will take this into deep consideration and provide this awesome feature very…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Logging meeting attendees

Log attendees for reoccurring meetings so the group knows who did or did not attend each meeting in history. For bigger groups it is hard to know who attended past or present meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skype updates

The latest update of skype is shocking and has distorted what was a reasonably good programme. My camera is not displayed, how can i assue it is working or that they are seeing me at the other end. Do i need to ask them such a question? The emoticons showing near the written input are in the wrong place and quite unnecessary.The video has been moved to th other side ...WHY ??? Why are all these changes being made. Are you simply trying to keep computer techs busy for no other reason that you may have to dismiss them ?…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. S.V.P. remettez en fonction la possibilité de faire de la vidéo sur SKYPE comme par le passé.

S.V.P. remettez en fonction la possibilité de faire de la vidéo sur SKYPE comme par le passé.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dragging the other users video feed away from the bubble and into the main screen

You used to allow Users on Windows to drag another video callers video feed into the main video call to enlarge their feed. Especially if they were screen sharing. You have disabled it very recently. I don't understand why you would do that. It was an outstanding feature that you had that I enjoyed immensely.

Please bring it back. It allows users to see the other party while enjoying screen sharing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Caller ID enabled for Germany skype number

Currently caller id is not enabled and user need to enter a mobile number - this is more a work around but not professional

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Logo Removal Option for Video Out (Namely NDI)

Previous versions of Skype allowed for disabling the watermark within the incoming video feed(s). With the move (and first platform to do so I might add) to integrate NDI, the ability to do so has been removed. If Skype is positioning itself to be a continued standard in broadcast and professional remote video, this option needs to return.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Record my THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME message on my answering machine is no more available???

In the past I used to have a message recorded when customers tried to reach me and could not so that they knew I’m a real business. However I don’t see that feature now. What am I doing wrong. I’d definitely have to terminate my account if this feature has been canceled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. own image display

with the chat option opening on RHS where preview of own image is, there's no way to verify if image is centred. Enable image to be displayed on LHS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. own image view

Now that the chat window opens own image cannot be seen (to verify if webcam centred and not only forehead, for example) - I use the chat option right from the outset as I'm calling

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add support to online streaming on screen sharing

when a music or video such as youtube, add support to with 4K video streaming quality

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. dial-in

Hi. Can you introduce phone dial-in for Skype to make the functionality like that of Zoom, Webex and GoToMeeting. This will allow some participants of a conference call to dial in from their phone while others join through their Skype Mobile / Web / Desktop app while being bridged to the same conference call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VOIP

Home Phone Replacement Scenario

With the availability of inexpensive SIP ATA gateways, I should be able to replace my phone service with Skype. I've got a cell which I can use for emergency calls, I'm just looking for an alternative to keeping my old home phone number available for old friends etc. I'm not sure why this scenario hasn't been addressed, Skype Manager seems designed only for business use, and really doesn't fit the needs of individuals. Microsoft ought to be able to make an offering that is comparable with VOIP offerings like Magic Jack or PhonePower.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I do not like the recent update where the chat window is to the right of the video

I liked the earlier version where IM chat was to the left of video feed.
    I do NOT like it at the right as it cuts out part of the picture in video.
    Best is either below or to the left.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base