Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of chat VS calls

Get rid of Skype chat versus calls. Even after years of using Skype I can’t figure out what that does or what to do with it and it just confuses everything

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add Blur feature as a default setting.

The new blur feature is GREAT. However, I don't see anywhere that you can have this set as a default. Meaning, I have to set it on every video call. It would be nice to have it enabled by default or have the ability to have it set as a default in settings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user to set Blur Background on by default

Blur background is nice. I think if someone plans to use it, they are likely to leave it on by default. Please allow setting Blur Background as a default option for video calls.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dont accept calls when phone is busy with another call whether its a regular call or a call run by another app

I don't want to receive overlapping calls..skype starts ringing over my ongoing call and is very annoying

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back speakerphone function for android

I have a LG V40 Thinq, and the speakerphone function isn't available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make skype for phone free please

just make skype for phone free please... It'll much easier

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make call free as it used to be i.e calls from india to canada/usa

Make call free as it used to be i.e calls from india to canada/usa. I was using skype since 3 years and i was happy but now because of your new charges i stopped using completely.

Make it free thats it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. STOP ******* THE PROGRAM UP WITH THESE ****** UPDATES

Stop * this up so bad with each update. My mic USED TO work fine and then your dogshit update came through and now I'm just officially done. I'm moving over to Zoom and Discord. **.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I had the "signal is too weak" problem for the first time today. I removed and reinstalled Skype 8.42,.

I had the "signal is too weak" problem for the first time today. I removed and reinstalled Skype 8.42, rebooted the modem and router, but the problem persists. What's your fix???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep the video chat pop up open whilst using other functions on the phone such as other applications and all sorts.

Allow video call to continue as a pop up as am off skype and using other applications as the video call continues.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Box to see them when not in the app!

We should be able to have the option to have a box when we leave Skype on iPhone to still be able to see the other person and have them see us. Right now you close out and camera is off and you cannot see them, while for Android they can set it to have a small box to still see us and their camera is still active so I can see him while he does other things!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE ADD ONE MORE OPTION IN MOBILE ANDRIOD APP SKYPE SCREEN SHARE IN VIDEO CALL

PLEASE ADD ONE MORE OPTION IN MOBILE ANDRIOD APP SKYPE SCREEN SHARE IN VIDEO CALL

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Basic volume options for web skype

Need to be able to disable the (never worked properly, never will) automatic volume adjustement, and manually set microphone volume in skype for web.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. should be able to take a snapshot during a skype video call without the other party knowing it

should be able to take a snapshot during a skype video call without the other party knowing it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restore 50/50 video call camera split.

It was nice while it lasted but if I'm doing a SKype interview it was nice to be able to see what they were seeing and adjust my pose accordingly, now I have to overlap my view with their video incoming and I have no way to change it!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. запустите скайп для XP

запустите скайп для XP

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype Conference Call Bugs

Why does the speakerphone automatically turn on for conference calls? I'm using an iPhone. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Also, the video turns on automatically for conference calls, which is an invasion of privacy and a distraction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base