Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Added features for Suppress Persistent Background Noise

We kindly ask you to add the function to turn off the noise suppressor, We really need a musical thing, period of epidemic status want to transfer remote music education just through Skype. Because of this, the muffler has a big problem, it will lose fatal quality and will be muted. Look, the zoom manufacturer has the function of turning off. We are waiting for an update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Breakout Rooms

Zoom has breakout rooms and I miss this feature. I am teaching online, and I really miss it. Is there any chance of having it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. automatic redial

please make a feature where Skype redials the number over and over automatically and then calls me when it gets through!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. group conversations

The ability to check who throws us out of group conversations or turns off the microphone

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User friendly with great audio, please!

Make it possible to move the camera window to where the camera on the iPad is. That way when you’re looking at the other person you’re at least looking pretty much into the camera. Also, it should be possible to have the iPad in the upright position but juice the horizontal view. Third must idea, make it easy to use an USB mic with Skype. As it is now you have to make do with the microphone internal microphone. If there is no way of choosing the source in iOS as far as I can tell. Those three things would

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to identify who have removed me from skype group call

I was attending a Skype group call with my colleagues and have found that someone has removed me from the skype call. Despite I am the Group Creator and have initiated the call

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To know who cut my call

Can I know who cuts my call because they started playing with the people over there and we cannot find who it is. It shows that your call have been removed from the call by other participant. Is there a way I could get a specific name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Using skype for LIVE streaming

I am in process of building a platform for LIVE streaming i say its 75 % done. I would like to integrate LIVE Skype to our LIVE streaming platform.

I kindly request that we partner to-gather on this venture to realize this visual epic . This has opportunity for mutual business and Skype which is already so popular would help a small startup like us. Please help to integrate Skype to our platform.

Idea: Using Skype for LIVE streaming.

Company : i0tnet USA LLC
    email: admin@i0tnet.com , asinghdba@gmail.com
    www.i0tnet.com
    ph: 405-301-7988

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLATAFORMA DE ESTUDO

ideia de uma plataforma de video aula, baseado no sistema Moodle (https://moodle.org/?lang=pt_br ) onde facilite o aprendizado de alunos durante o periodo da pandemia. O app deveria se chamar SKYPE EDUCATION onde o professor ficaria no canto da pagina em uma camera, e no centro ficaria uma lousa branca onde ele poderia escrever ou colocar arquivos . abaixo da camera do professor ficaria um chat com os alunos que poderiam tambem enviar ao professor feedback ou devolutivas da materia. Teria acesso a testes e enquetes durante a aula

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Yo happy Corona time? I want you to make like filters so you can put filters on yourself as well on other people Peace we out!

Yo happy Corona time?
    I want you to make like filters so you can put filters on yourself as well on other people
    Peace we out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Télémédecine

Good afternoon, Medical Video consutlation, is experiencing a boom in France, the government authorizes the use of skype. The only concern is the secure sending of documents, the payment and remote transmission to the Social Security Fund of fees. Any plans about developping a few things in the future? please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. function to make people not throw you out of the conversation or silence you

function to make people not throw you out of the conversation or silence you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Submit idea

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is my pleasure to say that I am proudly using "skype.com/en/free-conference-call" to take online lecture/group discussion for my students during the pandemic infection by Novel Corona Virus. It was excellent experience with Skype, however, I am facing one problem.

Many times during the online lecture/group discussion, one notorious student removed me during the conversation/online lecture.

Therefore, I request you to kindly give an option for meeting organizer to add or remove any participant during the meeting.

Regards

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i hope that skype has a noise-cancelling feature and can make the lightning adjustable its brightness.

i hope that skype has a noise-cancelling feature and can make the lightning adjustable its brightness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add colours to mic level meter

add colours to mic level meter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. change to your own ring tone

change to your own ring tone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Remote Access to another contact's computer

It would be more easy and reliable to access and remote control my friend's/student's computer if he influences a problem or stuck in something. Really important when someone installs a programme or in a live-session learning platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Включение микрофона по нажатию заданной клавиши

Очень некомфортно без настройки включения микрофона заданной клавишей. В настоящее время такая настройка отсутствует и все звуки передаются в сеть автоматически.
    Спасибо.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OPTION TO SEE MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE

I think that it could be a good idea to have to option of seeing all the faces of the participants on the screen while doing a videoconference with a large group of people

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base