Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connect calls if two people are attempting to call each other at the same time

Often I'll be in situations where I'm trying to call someone at the same time they're trying to call me.

Currently, the result is that they never see my incoming call because they are in the middle of the outbound call experience and vice versa. We usually have to just stop and IM about who is going to call who before we can actually get connected.

Instead, I'd suggest handling calls as a 2-person meeting. When I called a friend, a "meeting" would be created. Then if they tried to call me at the same time, they'd simply join the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When a video call fails or goes unanswered, automatically suggest that the user leave a Video Message.

When a video call fails or can't be connected, automatically route users to the Video Message experience so they can record and send a video message.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi, I want to check the number of call I make on a daily basis, It was possible in the previous version but unable to do it in the new one

Hi, I want to check the number of call I make on a daily basis, It was possible in the previous version but unable to do it in the new one

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio

Please bring back the 4th button in the video chat frame which controls the volume of just the other person's voice, not the devices volume.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows version does not allow me to put in number Options when calling . Example "enter 1 if your call is for accounts or 2 etc. .

Windows Skype does not allow me to enter options. For ex. Enter 1 for Accounts, or 2 for Customer service etc. It makes it useless for me when dialing a bank for instance when abroad. I have to use the Classic Version for that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Siri integration- please bring it back

Since version 8.1 release the Siri integration no longer works (e.g. Siri call Jane on Skype)

This really hinders some of our Skype calling bots as well as general usability issues for general iOS users.

See open topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skypeios-skypecallms-skype_audioms/skype-81-not-integrated-with-siri-anymore/29fa350c-9c88-4f89-b3bd-194dfbd11a0b?messageId=75e08c20-7c1b-45d5-aba7-ab6c5985a38b for more example of frustration on this feature removal.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WTF?

Why in the hell did you get rid of the standard DTMF tones when dialing from the keypad? Bring them back! Changing them is NOT a useful innovation.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ringing

Here's an idea - fix the damned ringing feature. I have enabled "ringing on another device" but my PC speakers, although selected, don't ring on incoming calls. The ringing is sent to my headphones as they are set as the default sound devices for calls but if I'm not wearing them I can't hear the bloody ringing.

This worked fine before you lot f*cked everything up with v8.
    Total bunch of muppets.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Hi there,
    Sorry to hear this feature isn’t working for you.
    Just like in v7, you can only ring your speakers in addition to your headphones if the OS detects any other device other than the internal sound card so 3.5mm headphones wouldn’t work.

If you are still running into the issue using supported OS devices, we will work on fixing it, but we first need your logs.

To send your logs, you need to be on Skype Preview. You can download it from https://www.skype.com/en/insider/. Once you have Skype Preview running, send us your feedback and logs from the app by going to “Settings” , “Help and Feedback" and then clicking on “Report a Problem”.

Thanks!

10. Video calls are not working for a lot of people in the new version. When a person goes back to 7, it works fine, yet again.

A lot of people are complaining that there have been issues. I know, I, for one could not do a video call on the new version. The person could not hear me, until I switched back to our precious Classic. Keep Classic Skype, alive!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back sound sharing while screen sharing

bring back the ability to share sound while sharing screen on newest Skype for Mac, I can't share sound while sharing screens on Mac and its super annoying

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. restore the RINGING destination facility

not a new idea but your latest skype version removed the facility to send ringing to a seperate speaker--a bad idea--why not restore this and allow us to receive ringing in a seperate location and then we won,t be missing calls

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Hi there. We are working on adding the ability to share specific apps to Skype 8. Stay tuned!

16. Make more than one Contact List

Like the previous version, have the ability to make more than one contact list.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. option to put ringer on mute for incoming calls

like in the previous Skype version I want the possibility to mute the ringer on a incoming call

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow editing of a “calls , dialpad” keypad entered phone number. I don’t want to delete it all and again. Thankyou

Allow editing of:
    “calls , dialpad” keypad entered phone number.
    I don’t want to delete it all and again.
    Thankyou

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. share screen - phantom mouse

Add option to enable "phantom mouse" when other people click your shared screen.
    when you enable the option, every time someone click the shared screen in the conversation, a "phantom mouse" will appear for few seconds in the location of the click in different color from the actual mouse with the name of the clicker.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. share screen - full screen

Add back the option to double click for full screen while someone else is sharing his screen, this option was very useful in the old versions of Skype and everyone I talked to missing it.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base