Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full screen.

Add full screen option for video calls.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. do not disturb

Do Not Disturb should allow you to prevent audible ringing of incoming calls. We can turn off chat notifications, but not call notifications. This makes no sense. And there is no way to stop the ringing without answering or actively rejecting the call. Previously, a user could exit the calling window to quiet the call sound without rejecting the call.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Call an Outlook 2016 Contact Using Skype for Windows 10

Outlook is configured to call an Outlook 2016 Contact using Skype for Business. We would like to request to have an option to use Skype Personal/Commercial.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. being able to turn on your video and your screen at the sametime, so the other person can see your screen and face at the sametime

Have the ability to turn on your video and share your screen at the same time, so the other person can still see you, but also see your screen.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start video automatically when answering a call

have a Samsung tablet just for Skype.

My mother has dementia and cannot operate any controls.

Her Skype is set to answer video calls automatically.

The trouble is that her video is always switched off, so I can never see her.
    yPlease enable video send in Skype when a call is automatically answered.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can no longer see how to share screens with another Skype user. I'll have to resort to Team Viewer if this functionality has been removed

I can no longer see how to share screens with another Skype user.

I'll have to resort to Team Viewer if this functionality has been removed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Do-Not-Disturb. Skype does not respect the iPhone DND, which is not good.

Since Skype does not respect the iPhone DND settings, we need a way to block callers during specified times.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to copy numbers again

I get a lot of calls from numbers that I need to register. In the last version I was able to simply copy the number from the top of the screen. in this version you seem to be trying to go out of your way to hide the number so I can't use skype for my job. Please add that back. For god's sake you can't even right click in the recent calls tab

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share screen

Sharing screen in the previous version were better because window were borderless / transparent opacity 0%.

Please, add the possibility to hide profile picture in the call, they take a lot of screen space.

Remove window mode version (I have to click on float mode each time the other person share screen).

I want my mouse to disappear when I don't move for a while.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CALLER ID USING YOUR FRENCH SKYPE NUMBER & NEW COUNTRIES !!!

Can we have a date on when Caller ID using Skype number will be available for new countries such as France?

It is good to offer Skype numbers for a lot of countries BUT if you cannot use the number you paid FOR OUTBOUND CALLS it is really depreciate your offer. You would benefit from many professional users using other apps much worst in terms of mobile experience for example. A juicy market you are unfortunately missing...

Currently we are only limited to:
    USA
    UK
    Chile
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Poland
    Sweden
    Switzerland

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do not want to see myself in every snap shot please!!!

If I take a snapshot my intention is to take photos of the other person NOT myself, please make snapshots single not double only that other person.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add option to auto answer

auto answer needs to be able to be used for selected contacts instead of for everyone one because if you have family you want to have call you any time but dont want to be contacted by friends any time you cant make that happen at the moment

so add a right click on contact name option to add / remove from a auto answer list

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to choose WHICH contacts' calls are answered automatically.

In addition to choosing to let and video starting automatically when a contact calls you; Let us only choose certain contacts that are able to have their call answered automatically. Give us more control, please.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full screen (Skype for Desktop)

Please bring back the full screen option for Skype for Desktop. I don't understand why this would ever be removed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please return the option to see the numbers that you are calling (Skype to phone)

Can't see the numbers I am calling in the current version. After selecting a country code, numbers disappear

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Call Waiting features at least when using Skype number!

Please add a call waiting feature, so that we can activate/deactivate this feature so that when someone calls us whilst we are already in a call we can choose if that someone hears a busy tone or not because at the moment if we are on a call, a second call will always come through which isn’t great!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add a telephone number

I used to be able to add someones phone number to their profile (on my skype) so that when they are not available on Skype I can call their phone. This option seems to have disappeared in new versions of Skype. A pity as it made you money as I used my skype credit a lot more.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Incoming calls / missed calls heading for easy viewing

Incoming calls / missed calls heading for easy viewing

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save preferred window layout on closure.

I like to have active contacts displayed, and I have to set this up every time I start Skype. Why be so awkward?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a record option for audio (Skype to Skype/Mobile) and video and other recording features/options

Add a record option for audio and video both sides of the conversation or the option for one side only

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base