Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. arama geçmişi

aramageçmişi kayıt edilip gizlilik bölümünden dinlene bilsin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolve reliability issues with join.skype.com so it's easy and consistent to join

We are using Skype for various committees and training meetings for church. I create a "shiny new conversation" to be the basis of a call I am planning. I add people to the call who have known Skype accounts. I also create a sharing link. On a PC or Mac, the sharing link seems to work great. On a phone, it directs one to download app from the store. From the feedback I have received from meeting invitees, they are directed to create an account. This is not what is advertised. The iPad users have the hardest time: the link…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. pls add a feature to know who has removed or muted us in the group conferencing call. It wiil be very usefull to find the culprit

I was in a group chat with my teacher. someone was continuously removing us from the chat.that's why i missed some important points and many important lectures.Please either remove this feature or add the name of the remover. This will help us to find the culprite.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dual shared screen..

Allow support for 2 users to share their screens with each other.
    Aids in collaborative work etc.. If we can be on a video call with 10 people why not be able to share more than 1 screen?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My fix for "There is a poor network connection"

Please change

"There is a poor network connection"

into

"You have a poor network connection"

or

"They have a poor network connection"

as applicable.

Attribution gets problems solved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is an Audio testing service. Why is there not a method of checking the video for lighting, angles etc?

In the same way that there is a very good way of checking the Audio, there should be a way of checking the picture to enable user to adjust lighting, angles etc. It may already exist but I have not found it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype shortcut

add shortcut

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Selecting a Single Participant in Group Video Calls

When making group video calls the options for display are currently limited to either grid view or speaker view.

If a single participant is providing a presentation to members, the other members should be provided the option to select that participant to hold full screen.

Current speaker view is unfortunately unsuitable for this purpose as small background noises can trigger switching and allows the user no option to manually override.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can y’all please develop another app widget to be used with the Samsung Smart TV’s UN65JS8500 model again?

Can y’all please develop another app widget to be used with the Samsung Smart TV’s UN65JS8500 model again? It would be really nice to use and be able to stay in contact with family. I’m not understanding why it was removed in the first place. Soon as I went out and purchase a new Samsung tv camera for the tv and got used to using the app, it got removed. Now I’m stuck with a $150 camera that is useless. Thanks. From a Frustrated Skype user..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable support for AirPods on Skype for Busniess

Today is not possible to talk in Skype calls with Airdpods. It is only possible to hear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Return sound notification in group chat

It is very difficult to know about start of online lesson without sound notification.

I am sure that you have reason to disable the sound. But I don't see option to enable it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When u are taking the online class if someone will remove or mute u it doesn't show the name of that participants who has muted or removed u

When u are taking the online class if someone will remove or mute u it doesn't show the name of that participants who has muted or removed u. please update this featt

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find the person who is removing others from call.

We're having online classes on Skype because of lockdown but someone removes other persons and because of that We're not able to study or attend classes. Please do something.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Widget

Hello,

It would be great for iOS users to have a widget that contains favorite contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. support external sound card. So that i can plug in more than one mic in my sound card and sendt the computer daw sound.

make support for external sound card. I want to be abel to plug in my guitar and a mic to my sound card and then make calls where its possible to hear them both. And i want to be abel to send the computer playback sounds swell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Power for admin

My idea is that in skype admin has no extra power and can be removed in group video calls as normal participants can be removed so to make the admin protected from this issue you can block the participants from muting or removing the admin and if anyone removed any other than the name would be showed to the admin

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enlarge Captions

Please make it so the caption size can be enlarged in Skype for Android. The captions are too small for someone with impaired vision to read.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Application

Konferans görüşmelerinde kamera,mikrofon açıp- kapama yetkisi katılımcının sohbetten ayrılması ( bu özellik katılımcı ve toplantıyı başlatanda da olabilir)özellikleri toplantıyı başlatanda olmalı

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Added features for Suppress Persistent Background Noise

We kindly ask you to add the function to turn off the noise suppressor, We really need a musical thing, period of epidemic status want to transfer remote music education just through Skype. Because of this, the muffler has a big problem, it will lose fatal quality and will be muted. Look, the zoom manufacturer has the function of turning off. We are waiting for an update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base