Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add eye contact correction to Skype which is already used by Microsoft for a while now.

Add eye contact correction to Skype which is already used by Microsoft for a while now. It will be a life saver.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. caption history

Captioning is great ... but only 4 lines in the main window is a bit low. Using the captions history is great , could we get the history window displayed by default instead of having to turn it on every time ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apple iPads have limited options

Apple iPads do not have separate microphone settings for Bluetooth also it does not have auto answer call option which is dumb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Annoying Skype Call Theme Song

Can we please, please get an updated version of the Skype call theme or have the option to change it to something else? It is incredibly stressful every time I hear it. Even when I'm expecting a call, the song starts so abruptly and harsh that it makes my insides jump (in a bad way). This just adds a subconscious negative connotation with Skype calling. I know it's been the song for a long time and it's iconic for Skype, but I'm sure that someone could create a softer version that doesn't start so abruptly, or at least add an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mute Microphone from keyboard

Previously, I could use spacebar to mute my microphone on skype, I can't do that anymore. Can you please bring that back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More adjustments for microphone. The adjustment feature isn't even labeled what you are adjusting.

Adjustments for sensitivity and how loud you're own microphone is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a Push to Talk

Hi, I suggest that Skype adds a button for muting the microphone rather than having to go back onto Skype and clicking "Unmute". Push to Talk is a good name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable

Disable call button and block all calls features

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a phone service for customer support. It takes on average a month to resolve issues due to horrible communication.

Customer support chat is an awful, slow and painful service. Nothing gets accomplished, and if it does it takes weeks or months of back and forth communication. This is not okay for businesses.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ik begrijp het niet ik zie mijn foto alles op mijn laptop .maar ik kom niet binnen skapy

ik maakte altijd in een korte tijd skape aan .nu brobeer i het ik heb een acound .ik zie mijn foto .ik kom er niet in .ik heb windos 10 .ik doe het op mijn telefoon en gelijk lukt het .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. access control and restriction

only the call initiator should have the access to remove a person who is already in the group call.

it's quite annoying when a participant removes another participant infact when he is talking. the whole group in the skype call does not know who removed him .
    we should either have access control or notification like abc removed def atleast

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When would it be possible to blur the background on the mobile devices?

When would it be possible to blur the background on the mobile devices?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Child's voice can not be heard

Today I installed Skype on the new Xiaomi mi Note 10, and when talking with several people, I found out that the interlocutor hears the voices of adults (mine and husband's), but the child who has a higher voice can not be heard, only fragments of phrases are heard (about 30% of what was said). When I tried to make my voice higher, I also was not heard. When calling the Echo service, the child’s voice is recorded and heard well. Reinstalling Skype did not help. Skype Light and Skype Preview have the same problem. What should we do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable screen sharing

There shoud be a possibility to disable incoming screen sharing for parental control e.g. to prevent a child from viewing inappropriate content from the opposite computer during a call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make a compatibility Patch for Sennheiser HANDMIC DIGITAL to use it on IPhone / IPad

My Sennheiser HANDMIC DIGITAL won´t work with Skype. I use Skype for Interviews and it would be really handy to use that micro for it.

I already did a request on the Microsoft Community and I also wrote my issue to Sennheiser.

This Idea Post lays back on this Tread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/sennheiser-handmic-digital-on-iphone-ipad/e4fb7b4c-d2d1-4425-9189-9154cc034dcc

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Message sounds

Bring back all the different message sounds so we can choose again instead of having that awful sound that you cant hear on the desktop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to have the option to turn off the voice translation.

I would like to have the option to turn off the voice translation. I don't always want to hear the mechanical voice trying to translate what my contact is saying. i like the auto-text translation. but the voice should not be automatic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use of Keyboard whilst making a call

I want to be able to use the keyboard whilst making a call. This is so I can respond to automated questions by entering the required number or hash key or any other key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do I turn my answering machine off? I can't find this option anywhere if there is one to turn it off.

How do I turn it off so people can't leave messages on my Skype when they call me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base