Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature of locking the mute button, so that if I don't want to, no one else can mute my microphone.

There is already a feature, that any participant in a group call can mute any other participant's microphone. Although I can realise it's usefulness, there should also be a way of opting for locking that feature on one's side, as per one's wish, if he doesn't want to be muted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only organizer or group calls has the control

I've been teaching to kids using this tool and they discovered they can disconnect their classmates from the call. It would be PERFECT if only I could control that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apple tv

Allow for Apple TV to mirror screen when using Skype on iPhone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase participats

Please Increase number of participants in video call from existing limit of 50. Due to Covid-19 Crisis there are so many classes, businesses, Seminars, conferences are getting organized online and there will be a huge business for you!
    Best of Luck...!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back 'share computer audio'

Bring back 'share computer audio' - it's very annoying that this feature has been removed because now I have to use zoom instead

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can :-)

How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can. Presently there is no feature to do this on the latest version of Skype which is a real bummer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Resolution options to improve quality of sound

Choice of resolution just like on YouTube
    Lower resolution potentially improving stability and sound quality
    Higher security version for confidential communication at work, civil service, criminal justice etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full screen recording

Please allow an option to download a file with a split or full screen of the person you are speaking with. If you could have both files to download that would be even better!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VIDEO YOGA CLASS

is it possible to have more than 4 people in grid view in my yoga class??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please, help me

Good afternoon. My groupmates constantly turn off my microphone or remove me from the video call, can you restrict access to them feature? I

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back the simple green and red answer and hang up buttons inscreen

Not rocket science millennial developer dicks, get off your Macs and just add simple user friendly touch and mouse click features back in and stop dicking with what was a good product. Skype Product Owner/Programme Manager - stop being a ****!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recognising the Remover and mMter

The feature of recognition of the ones who mute or remove other participants from the call so that proper action could be taken against then by the head.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reduce reverb in audio input

please add feature to reduce reverb in microphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bringing bthe feature of knowing that who is removing and muting our calls . Please

In this period of lockdown our online classes are going on while in between of the classes anyone is removing and muting us and we are unable to know that who is removing us . So please get this feature of knowing that who is removing and muting us in the group video call as soon as possible . Please please I request you from my very heart . Thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Filtersssssss 😁

It seems trivial but it will make lots of people prefer skype and choose it over other apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Connect Skype to Stream through SlingStudio platform.

I need to be able to stream video conference calls through the SlingStudio platform in order to go Live on FaceBook and YouTube with my colleagues while sharing the call with our public audiences.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add confirmation to "Remove from call" contextual menu item

Add a confirmation for "Remove from call" in the contextual menu, because it's listed right next to "Crop and Fit Video," which we use all the time ... but one slip of the finger on the mouse, and you remove someone from the call. No confirmation, just poof, gone.

If you're going to keep these side-by-side, please ask us to confirm if we really meant to remove someone from the call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about a "background" using an image (.jpg or .pdf) or video?

Add an image or video for background. (Like Zoom)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base