Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shortcuts for putting calls on hold and resuming the call.

I find it very time consuming to return to the call just to hold and resume call whenever I want to. I wish you could employ shortcut for this one. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't need to be reminded all the time that I don't have a camera.

My 'Camera' is a microscope. I don't have it on all the time. When I am using Skype, I do not need to be reminded that a camera can not be found, but all the time that I am having a conversation on Skype the notification is there in the lower middle of the screen, encouraging me to troubleshoot the 'problem.' It keeps coming back after I dismiss it.
    For some, there are privacy issues that mean they don't want to have a camera. (Oh look, my partner is walking around behind me with no/scanty clothes, to name just one). …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When in a Skype Call on Mac, how to transfer / continue it from my iPhone or vice versa?

Hello,

When in a Skype Call on Mac, how to transfer / continue it from my iPhone or vice versa?

Can someone please let me know if there's a way to accomplish this or can this be taken as product feedback?

Mac's & iPhone's have Continuity to continue things across both devices. Can Skype utilize this feature?

If I add in a secondary phone number of mine, can I invite that number from my Mac and then continue it from my iPhone and then after connected from my iPhone, can I disconnect the call from my Mac, w/o disconnecting the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Real-time transciption

Real-time transcription for video calls will make documentation easier for informal meetings and persons with hearing disabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Microsoft Teams

Is it possible to develop a feature that will allow you to delete your history/ call histroy?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. deactivate feedback screen after call

After every call I get a Dialog to share my opinion about the call quality. I already gave my stars a million time and now it's enough. Would like to disable this now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yo dirijo un coro y requiero escuchar simultáneamente mínimo 10 personas esto será posible ??

It is possible to listen 10 or more people at de same time thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Want to a smart recording option with editing, adding caption to be built in

PLEASE help us to give adding 'record pause', 'add a caption' & 'edit(cut, join,remove unwanted sound)' in skype video call built-in recording option & please add a feature-'remote webcam only', 'picture in picture' & 'side by side' mode as built-in into call recording option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. skype should provide a tapi interface for calling

applications and websites use tel:nnnnnnnnnn for generating phone calls which brings up the TAPI: dialog. When skype is installed it should insert a TAPI hook to allow TAPI to use skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HIPAA Compliance?

I'd like for you to be HIPAA compliant. I can't use Skype when meeting with my patients

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype classic option

Option to switch to Skype classic the new one is horrible as ****

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype Entreprise: see how many participants / who is already connected to the next meeting

Sometimes calls get longer than expected but we need to disconnect to join the next conference. However, oftentimes the next conference hasn't started or the key participants are not there. So I should be able to see who's already connected to my next conference in my agenda and eventually chat with them to alert if i'm late

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I wish i could share system audio when i share screen. I really need this feature for online classes. This would significantly improve my ex

I wish i could share system audio when i share screen. I really need this feature for online classes. This would significantly improve my ex

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Two cameras

The ability to use two webcams on one account. This would be really helpful for Skype music lessons as the teacher needs to be able to see the keyboard but also the student’s face.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SKYPE, Lost, or Frozen Video when Screen Sharing.

When You Share Screens Audio&Video, with your Contact, there is a Unstable Interruption , as My Contact's Screen Freezes, Audio has a Echo & I get a "Poor Connection" or "Switch to Audio Only" message, also, I get what Sounds like a Busy Signal or Can't Connect Signal ... until I STOP! Screen Sharing, at which time, after 45-50 seconds the Signal Clears & Everything Returns to Normal.

There are Nights, when it Happens, once or twice, others when it Occurs more than a Dozen Times, in one 5hr, evening.

I have already Confirmed & Verified that my Connection &…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. qos feature

Hi,

I was wondering if would be possible to implement a qos feature to provide more prio to video signal like a slider between vido and audio priority.

br,
    Alex.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat background choice

choice of background for chats.
    Create options of backgrounds which users can choose from other than their actual background from which they are calling from

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Number Based Meeting ID

up-to 100 participants are an exciting feature.

But still missing number-based meeting id. Link is not easy to share with primary level students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 82 83
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base