Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call Ring Tones

On a previous version you could set your own ring tone. PLEASE bring this back! It makes it far easier to differentiate when you get a skype call as opposed to other types of call. Also the Skype ring tone is annoying!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Truly unlimited 'world subscription' with all mobile and landlines included

I want to replace my physical landline phone with skype. But I need to be able to call ALL the numbers (mobile, landlines, paid etc) worldwide (not only 8 or 30 countries). Please make this available by creating such a subscription for individuals so we can finally throw out the old landline phones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freeze the screen view to colleagues

Skype for business, when sharing my screen i can only show screen or stop sharing. It would be good to pause or freeze the view while I click around for another page or document, then unfreeze my view to show colleagues.

This would also be good if I want to check my emails or do something else while presenting something and not interrupting other conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Push to talk please!

I want push to talk or push to mute you guys had itt and then took it off I don't know why but you guys need to put it back on please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. recording

I use the skype call recording feature and the split screen recording is good, but I need the split to be horizontal split vs vertical split. If you can provide an option to choose horizontal split vs vertical split will be useful. The reason for this request is - In a vertical split, the center portion only is available thereby missing some details especially if it is an instrumental music class. Please consider providing it as an user option when selecting recording feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. subtitles group calls

Extend subtitles to group video calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Untill and unless logged in user is not accepting the contact than Calling button(Video calling) should not enabled.

Untill and unless logged in user is not accepting the contact than Calling button(Video calling) should not enabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Systemwide screensharing for iOS

Systemwide screen sharing with iOS. If apple doesn’t allow it, at least have a contract with note taking applications like Notability, so a notability note taking session can be shared as a Skype screen share. it will be great for teachers and students; Especially great for online tutoring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Retrieving expired video calls

I recorded a video on Skype 19/5. I now need to use it but the video expired after 30 days. How do I retrieve it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. chromecast

How can one use Skype via a Chromecast dongle connected to a TV with a Logitech HD camera c/w microphone (of other) also connected to the TV usb port and casting Skype using a PC or smart phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Swipe left or right on chat to voice call or video call

It will be a lot easier if we could call someone simply by swiping left or right on their respective chat instead of going into the chat first. It's what some other messaging apps like Whatsapp do. It's a simple fix but a huge improvement for user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can I make calls to local numbers and to Europe?

The messaging was used with audio and video calling for Skype and I would like to have this feature now available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. com.android chrome.sandboxed_process1

com. Facebook. Katana. Videoplayer
    Com. Android chrome. sandboxed_process1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Call Planner

Call Planner
    Integrate a version of The World Clock Meeting Planner that allows users to plan phone / vidio hookup times by selecting cities / regions that form a table that shows actual time in those selected locations. Thus compatable times can be chosen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You need to restore the ringtone "off" feature.

I am sick to death of the annoying ringtone in Skype. If this option is not restored, I will be looking for a new service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assition of live translation for incoming calls

I would like to suggest translation feature for incoming calls for clients.
    current feature only support the translation for the calls made by account holder to his selected contact to only receive translation from the overseas 10 selected countries. but client cannot translate his reply to caller.

and also we cannot make these features workable for calls that we receive. skype should add this feature for incoming calls and also for response to the caller.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Skype

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.