Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to move their own camera view on Skype Android

Currently on Android my own camera view is positioned in top right corner. If the camera view is full screen then this is highly inconvenient if calling with a couple who are seated side by side as the camera view covers the face of the person on the right. Suggest allow to move own camera view anywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unlimited Mobile calls to Venezuela

There should be a subscription for unlimited min to call mobile phones in Venezuela. now Skype just have one 300min subscription for it and is not enough for who want to call their families on Venezuela

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FaceTime gateway for video calling to Apple users

With FaceTime insistent on remaining an Apple proprietary application, this leaves Windows and Android users incapable of contacting users on FaceTime. I propose Microsoft devise a gateway to access FaceTime via Skype.

FaceTime appears popular among a large proportion of mobile device users, it seems a shame to deprive those users access to calling myself or vice versa. As giants in technology, it shows a complete lack of maturity to not tie your technologies together to gain the maximum accessibility for your customers, this is a hindrance which drives an animosity between your customers.

I have no interest in becoming…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think you should add this ,

So when you are sharing your screen on Skype you should be able to share device audio because when I have a call with a video I have to use zoom and it is a ninght mare so please add this feature. Your thanks Oliver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bring back float

Bring back float and get rid of steps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. turn on customize greetings when people leave voicemails

turn on customize greetings when people leave voicemails

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the "mute" toggle on mice

I have a Logitech MX 3 mouse and there are many buttons in it. It would be great is the mute button could be assigned to a button on the mouse and easily toggle 'mute".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the "mute" toggle on mice

I have a Logitech MX 3 mouse and there are many buttons in it. It would be great is the mute button could be assigned to a button on the mouse and easily toggle 'mute".

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Skype compatible with mac book air

I just purchased a MacBook air only to find out that it is incompatible
    with Skype. Very frustating!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. you can upload a ringtone

You could choose a song and have it as your ringtone

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mute all members in chat in one single action

Mute all members in chat in one single action should be made available in skype messenger. It is only available in skype business as of now. Kindly work on it,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio in screen sharing on tab

Please enable audio in screen sharing when operating on a tablet. It will make things so much easier!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile Muting

Add A Feature Like At PC,That you can mute and close Video Before joining calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. beauty effects

Effects on face or background. Like beauty effect or animal hat effects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New skype phone number in Spain for deafs people, so we can use the real time subtitles in calls, and availability emergency calls

Hello. I have a handicap, I'm deaf. For this reason, I find very useful the subtitles in real time while I'm doing a videoconference with a partner in Skype. Skype is the only one service that works fine the subtitle in real time, while others (google, zoom, etc...) don't think to offer service to people like me (deaf handicap). I can even do calls through Skype to a telephon number. Thank you for your effort and thinking about us.
    But I find a problem, when someone calls me, I can not redirect the call to skype to use the subtitles.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the ability to arrange the cameras you're viewing

the ability to arrange the cameras you're viewing how you desire (especially in a popout format) being able to determine the size and position instead of choosing between speaker view or a large uncustomizable gallery view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sound and video check

Can you please add asound and video check. If it is there already I cannot find it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. video beauty filter

Please add some video beauty filter feature or an automatic make up feature so I will not need to put make up when I use Skype. Thank You!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. be able to call kkimjongun

like when u are bored you cancel kimjongun

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 91 92
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base