BRING BACK SPELL CHECK + add translator and a grammar option
- Please bring back spell check but also option to turn it off
- add a grammar option or even a option to turn it off and on !!
- improve auto correct
Cinthia Barnett commented
I need a spellcheck feature.
i believe my Skype had it before but i cannot find it.
Im always in a rush with work and sometime do not have time to go back read what i wrote and correct the misspelled typed words.
I believe this feature will be super helpful and to have it in different languages.
if you typically type in Spanish then you would turn on the Spanish spellcheck feature etc.
Yes. spelling checking feature is very Important. I need it as well. Right now i can not this version can not show the spelling mistakes.
Please add spelling checking feature.
Sean Ellis commented
For those of us who use multiple languages, or technical language, this must be an option.
* By default Skype should spellcheck a message based on the default language setting for the contact.
* Whenever a misspelled word is encountered, skype should check if it is a well known word in another language that makes sense in the context where it is used, if so it should be discreetly marked as a word of this category, instead of a misspelled word.
* Skype should use grammar and statistical/AI based algorithms at all parts of spell checking. For example, in a sentence like this "The color of the car is bluues", blues should not come up as a suggestion of the correct spelling (blues is not a color).
* Skype should be aware of and able to detect abbreviations and how they are used and typed in various cultures and languages. For example Skype should not autocorrect or suggest a capital letter after a period which is part of an abbreviation
* Skype should detect computer programming code (c/c++, c#, java, pascal, delphi, JS, html, css, F# and so on, and not fuck around with it in any way!!!!.
Spellcheck in the currect version is being triggered even when it is turned off on the computer. Skype needs to understand that people have chats in different languages at the same time.
Also why can we not set our custom sounds any more? Why is Skype getting less functionality?
The translator function should be added to skype for business. This would be a great feature to have, as many new families to my state have trouble or do not speak english. Plus, my school office 365 uses skype for business and I want to be able to visit with my new parents in their language. That way we can communicate and do what is best for their student.