Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you make the screen share like it was before.

One of the things that's a bit annoying about sharing the screen is there's a bunch of useless clutter when watching a screen share that's impossible to get rid of. Also it's not proper full screen anymore. Can you restore it to how it was before ruining it thanks?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to delete history from My usage

Skype store all the phone numbers and when you called in “Skype\My account\Usage\My usage”. It’s a serious security concern if a hiker if someone hacks your account.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re still working on enabling this capability to allow you to delete all the conversations with one click. In the meantime you can delete your conversations one by one. Right click on the conversation in the recent chats list, and select the option to “Delete Conversation”.
    - Petr

4. Allow to select more than single message

In Skype 7 I was able to select multiple lines of conversation, copy them and paste. In current Skype 12.1815 I can only select single message. This limitation is annoying and unbelivable...

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re still working on enabling this capability. In the meantime you can right click on a message, click the “Select message” option and pick different messages to copy or forward.
    Thank you for your patience.
    - Petr

5. Multiple account support

Have serveral Skype accounts (Personal & Work) that I want to be used at the same time.

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base