Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make an option to turn on/off Skype from opening when windows starts on windows 10.

I can't find the option to do this on my version of Skype, I'd really appreciate the ability to do this.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. If you want to stop Skype from starting automatically just go to the Settings – General – and toggle Automatically start Skype to Off.

The option to stop Skype from automatically starting is not available in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14). To stop Skype from automatically starting, just sign out of the app.

Hope it helps :)

- Petr

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. refund credits at anytime

refund my money at anytime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get rid of Cortatna!

Imagine a product where useless clippy like "AI" didn't get in the way of you messages. I know it's hard to imagine, but bear with me. You could have a clean simple interface to type in, that wasn't cluttered with fucktard emoticon suggestions. You'd sit down to type, and that's it! Gone are the days of repeatedly clicking on some ****** feedback thing telling it how useless it is, repeatedly with no seeming effect, repeatedly and also repeatedly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add cryptocurrency micropayments to Skype (XRP and others)

Dear Skype, The age of MicroPayments has come and we need your support. The era of Internet of Value is kocniking at the door. My idea is to implement micropayments in Skype. Allow us to buy SkypeCredits with XRpTipBot , allow us to send micro payments on Skype chat as well.
    Please have a look at http://xrptipbot.com/ and its open API https://www.xrptipbot.com/app/api-spec which is pretty easy to implement.
    XRPtipBot is now available in 40+ languages. It's available for Twitter / Reddit / Discord / Telegram and recently has been added to Microsoft Outlook please visit http://moneymessage.radynamics.com/moneymessage_www/
    What's more it has…

2,310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

255 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for sharing this Idea! Cryptocurrency micropayments sounds really cool right :) Like any other leading technology company Microsoft is already testing blockchain.
    Although I don’t have any information about cryptocurrency adoption for Skype or any other MS product, please keep continue supporting this Idea. I will share it with our teams :)
    Note: I’ve edited the title of this Idea little bit so it fits to cryptocurrencies generally ;)

- Petr

7. embolden text for people with bad eyesight

it wpuld be helpful to have texg in bold for oldies like me with poor egtesight

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The new feature I would suggest is that people can actually CREATE and LOGIN to a ******* ACCOUNT!

Holy ****! I've been trying to make an account on Skype for YEARS now. How about letting people sign up?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skype help Team to be more active

Skype charged me for the connection fees from Greece to Jakarta,then it disconnected. It happen very often and did not know what to do. Till I find this page. This is easy to reach. We hope there is Skype help team which is as easy as this m hoping I could get help from this page. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. confused emoji

Confused Emoji - emoji with question marks orbiting around the face

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password.

I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password. I added my mail and I need to wait two months when you check it. To change the my.

I need to change it now. I spent 1 day but didn't find contact email

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display both Skype Real Name and Custom Name

Since we can easily change custom skype names, I think it is more useful to display skype real name of the user too, to avoid confusions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone

10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone with your forceful update to the latest version. Either you would have allowed o use classic version that has the list feature or not forced to new version. As the result, my business has come to a standstill and I am back to square 0. Now would you take responsibility for this loss? WHY CANT SUCH A BASIC LIST FEATURE NOT BE ADDED IN THE NEW VERSION.

FRANKLY, I FEEL LIKE COMMITTING SUICIDE. And you will be responsible for my DEATH. I mean what I said.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to recover Skype-ID from earlier Skype-account

Being able to keep old Skype-ID from earlier Skype account to keep all contacts list & be visible to my earlier Skype contacts instead of getting a new one automatically assigned by MS resulting in all contacts lost & not being visible to my previous friends, family, colleagues ....

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'm really ****** off! I had over 10 years of chat history, after you forced me to update to that **** of 8, the chat became limited to the

I'm really off! I had over 10 years of chat history, after you forced me to update to that of 8, the chat became limited to the last year! *******!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Downloading files shouldn't overwrite existing ones

Skype is overwriting existing files when the name matches instead of creating a new one with another name. If I want to access to the old file I have to delete it and download it again (if it stills available).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry if some of your files were overwritten. I will share your feedback with Product Team. Meanwhile you can go to Settings – Messaging and set Auto-download to off to make sure it won’t happen again.

- Petr

19. enable the old system with a profile photo where you could shrink or stretch it to fit in the window and please use the old square frame

enable the old system for a profile photo where you could shrink or stretch it to fit in the window and please use the old square frame which was much better than the present stupid fixed size circle where the photo has to be adjusted on the profilers PC before using.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please add a button to automatically disable the use of the camera.. i've been through cancer & NEED to control who sees me & when

please add in the buttons controlling front/back camera, the ability to turn all cameras OFF. I've been through chemo/radiation and need the ability to turn off the camera when I am very sick.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. You can always choose to make an audio call only or answer the call as an audio call. Video calling is optional. Check out these links, you might find it helpful.

- Petr

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34859/how-do-i-answer-a-skype-call

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34858/what-can-i-do-during-a-skype-call#Audio%20settings

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base