Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

387 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

94 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Virtual background

Zoom communications has a feature that I thought It would be a good idea to add it on skype too. It's a feature called virtual room where you can select an image from your computer and it will replace your background in the camera with this image. But please if you add this technology, try to make this feature to work without any green screen or any other color for transparency

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a 'check-mark' emodji

I'm using Skype for a long time and a always needed a 'check mark' emoji. I asked some of my friends and colleagues, they would like it to be added too. A think it's not very difficult to do, but it can make lots of users happier. Thanks!

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Good day! Why is this user not blocked: brk1488? He went to our chat and without stopping spamming !!! When will you make moderated chats ?!

Good day! Why is this user not blocked: brk1488? He went to our chat and without stopping spamming !!! When will you make moderated chats ?! Killing the Skype community with the inability to counteract such spammers! Screenshot spammer: http://prntscr.com/nev7ki

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Skype Ideas!!!

THANK YOU for hosting this forum!!! SKype Ideas is awesome!!! I can truly see MAJOR improvements with Skype when honestly, I was trying to find a way around using it. I avoided Windows 10 versions like the plague, but now they seem to be improving. THANK YOU!!! Skype is SO important to my organization of 6000+ employees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop punishing people by forcing them to have RECURRING DEDUCTIONS from their Debit Cards

Two years ago, I swore I would never use Skype again. We suffered a personal disaster (a car accident that destroyed our car and the injuries kept us from our jobs for several weeks so we had no personal funds to operate on) and as we were getting through it, Skype continually hit my debit card and because the funds were not there to continue to PAY FOR A SUBSCRIPTION, my Debit card company kept charging me $2 every time Skype hit my card trying to get money from me. About two weeks after it started, I deposited funds so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with Skype subscription. However, canceling subscription is very easy and simple. Just sign in to your account at skype.com, select Manage for the subscription you want to cancel and Cancel subscription. When you cancel your subscription, it will continue to be active until the expiration date. Here is the link how to do it: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1881/how-do-i-cancel-or-change-my-skype-subscription

Also, there is no need to cancel your Debit Card. You can just remove it from your Skype account: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10486/how-do-i-update-my-credit-card-or-other-payment-method-in-skype

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

- Petr

7. emoji

More emoji options! We need more emoji options in skype for business, I am a bit bored of using the same ones for the past 3 years (whilst normal Skype has many more options!).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want my status does not change when I work on PC and my Skype working in the background mode!!!

Why when I close the Skype window and Skype is working in the background mode, my status changes to yelolow "away".
    This is terribly uncomfortable for me and for my contacts, couse my contacts think that I am OFFLINE and they DO NOT WRITE TO ME.
    Previously, when Skype worked on my PC and the Skype window was closed, I mean Skype was in the background mode, my status do not changed, but still remained green and was “Active now”!!!
    Please, can you change settings of Skype, I want my status does not change when I work on PC and…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we promised this should be fixed now :) We have rolled out an update that will track your presence and keep you active even when Skype is not in foreground. You will be marked active if you are signed into Skype and are using either mouse or keyboard.

Try it and let me know if everything is ok.
    Thx!

- Petr

10. Fraud through Skype

This Skype user live:kidspaidmoney_1 is doing fraud with your app. They make you use there website and then you send it out to others and they pay you. Then the day they should pay you out they block there website and Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow me to turn off People You May Know.

Let me turn off people you may know

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show notification when someone comes online/offline

Show notification when someone comes online

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The waiting is over :) With the new update you will get notified when your friends are online. Just go to Settings – Notifications – and toggle on “Contacts comes online notification”.

Let me know how it works for you :)

- Petr

13. Bring back the feature of a light at the contacts profile pick, On-line, Away, Offline.... best feature gone had to delete skype for old ver

Bring back the feature of a light at the contacts profile pick, On-line, Away, Offline.... best feature gone had to delete skype for old version - who thought this was a good idea to remove in the new Skype?????

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export chat history

Allow the option to export chat history. Regardless of the version.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you have any plans for rest of the week? How about checking your Skype history? Your messages, videos and pictures are available back to April 2017, files, voice messages, call recordings for 30 days.

Use this link to export your Skype history: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34894/how-do-i-export-my-skype-files-and-chat-history

And don’t forget to check this page for additional information: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34893/how-long-are-files-and-data-available-in-skype

Let me know how it works for you :)

- Petr

15. Upgrade missing "away" feature. Theres a diff between away and DND. Bring "away" back so you can still rec notifications

Before the forced upgrade I just did I was able to put "away" as a status and still get notifications. I do not use DND bc I want work to know Im away from desk or working form home but you can message me and ill still rec notifications. I miss the away function. Also miss the ability to set setting for message with using my name or mentions only. This function is also gone. :( Im thinking about asking business to switch messengers if this doesnt come back.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thank you for the feedback. You will always receive notifications when Away status is active.
    To receive notifications (or not) when your presence is set to Do Not Disturb, go to Settings, scroll down to Notifications, and then to Do Not Disturb to toggle Show chat notifications/Show call notifications on or off. Let me know how it works for you.

- Petr

16. Add a new credit or debit card

You all have made it so difficult to add minutes to ones account and to add or delete a new credit card and delete the expired one .
    It is very annoying and waste if time .,should be very easy to do this but its not at all

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Virtual Backgrounds (Green Sceens)

Allow user to create a virtual background for more professional video chats. Allow user to upload different images. Feature should be similar to the one found in Zoom.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make it eazy to block some one

make it eazy to block some one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there. Blocking contacts is already super easy. Just right click on your contact > View profile > Block contact. You can also report abuse from the person.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you :)
    Thank you
    - Petr

19. Bring back split view for all versions

The original "Bring back split view" thread was marked as "complete" even though it is only available in the Windows 10 app, not the desktop version.
    (See https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas/suggestions/35070772-bring-back-split-view)

Split view mode must be made available in the desktop version too.

472 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  225 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back full screen it was the worst decision to take it out get your teams on it asap this is not a joke im actually super annoyed s

Bring back full screen it was the worst decision to take it out get your teams on it asap this is not a joke im actually super annoyed s

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base