Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moderation for group chats

Admins have the capability to mute/unmute and add/remove within a call, the ability to remove messages within a chat. Within a group chat admins could have the ability to ban participants.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "heehee xd" should be added to the Cortana suggestions.

When Cortana makes its suggestions, "heehee xd" should be a part of it as a reaction to a text of humor or mischief.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype call history

Please bring the Skype Call History back for the Latest Version of Skype for Windows 10 (Current version 8.31.0.92). I want to see a list of calls made and the costs of each call. Classic Skype had this feature and it was easy to use. Should also be easy to get access to the Call History.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compact contact list / home window

I would like to have a * compact * contact list as * own * window on my right screen edge.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype should work without a mouse or anyother form of a pointing device

There should be no need for any for of a pointing device to use all aspects of Skype.

Skype should fully support and follow the standard way key input is used in Windows.

Skype should only use standard Windows control to make sure key input work consistently with other native Windows applications like notepad.exe and regedit.exe

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Separate Audio for each NDI video output

For the NDI feature what we expect is that Skype creates an NDI video feed per participant (currently this works perfectly) and an audio feed per participant. What's happening is that we are getting audio from all participants in each and every NDI audio feed as a mix. We want it separate so we can have independent control of these camera/audio sources because sometime you need to adjust the audio for someone who is quite or visa versa.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Request to Add more available Status

Request to Add more available Status

Require few more status like Away or Be right back

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Over the past few months you were asking us to improve Skype statuses. We have heard your feedback loud and clear and we plan to make status messages an integral part of your presence. Check out the link below for more details. I’ll post an update when it’s available.

- Petr

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_featurems/bringing-you-more-control-over-your-skype-status/fd40b538-9f61-4972-bf70-05af53316626?page=15

8. Need to save subtitles from a meeting call to a file.

I like the new subtitles feature. It potentially provides the notes from an online meeting. We need to save these to a file.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off last seen

Please provide the option to turn off last seen. People should have the option to have privacy.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Raise your hand

Add a "raise your hand" option for group audio calls which notifies everybody on the call that I (or anyone person) want to speak. This is very useful during meetings. This can be useful during any conference call so at to not to interrupt a speaker in the middle and unlike a video where you can make out from a listener's expression that they might want to talk, on an audio call the only way for someone to convey their intention to speak is to wait till someone finishes their sentence but there might be multiple people who wish to…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contact organisation and account

Contact management in Skype is disastrous. We understand nothing, we should merge the accounts Skype and Microsoft to avoid confusion. There should also be more options to manage your contacts. The Address Book allows you to merge the entries and Skype ignores these merges and displays each entry.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Short Code SMS receipt support

Banks and financial institutions use short code SMS to send authorization codes to complete online/mobile transactions. While my US mobile phone supports this, when I am travelling outside the US my US mobile does not always work, while my skype number does (whenever I have data or wifi of course).
    Skype now supports SMS but still doesn't receive short code SMS.
    This would be a wonderful feature (even if charged per message) to enable/disable per user.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic Updates

Please give us the option to turn off automatic updates. At the current way, it doesn't even ask permission to install the updates. We as users need more control over the update process. We don't want Skype controlling us.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virtual Backgrounds (Green Sceens)

Allow user to create a virtual background for more professional video chats. Allow user to upload different images. Feature should be similar to the one found in Zoom.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. recover deleted chat conversation history

recover deleted chat conversation history

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Merging old Skype account (user name) with/into Microsoft accounts (email address).

I have a Skype account that I created before Microsoft acquired Skype. The account is 'based' on a user name. I recently created a Microsoft account with my email address. Same email address as is in my account settings for the old Skype account. However, Microsoft automatically created a new Skype account for me. Why couldn't I just migrate my existing old Skype account to Microsoft and sync them all up?

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. multiple delete contacts

Allow us to delete multiple contacts instead of having to click on their profile, remove contact, and then click on remove contact again for confirmation. A simple "Edit" button that will allow us to use a checkbox to multi-select would be great.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unlink Skype name from wrongly linked Microsoft email account

Please Microsoft, find a solution to unlink wrongly linked Microsoft email account with Skype name, in order to link the Skype name with the right Microsoft email account... There are a lot of people out there, who are struggling with the same issue. I understand it could have been our "fault" to link the wrong accounts, however, what could be done, SHOULD be able to be UNDONE, don't you think? :)

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base