Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refund ignored

I have purchased or subscribed to this promo- World unlimited calls last September 21, 2019. The purchase was made through Apple.

I tried to use this subscription but it never works for me. So I reported this issue to Skype support and I requested for refund. The person from skype support then referred me to Apple. Immediately, I logged a report to Apple and got feedback that my purchase does not meet condition for a refund.

What a respond! I could not simply get a refund from a skype subscription that I have not used at all.

What a deceiving…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TEL Protocol doesn't work on 32 bit Windows 7

TEL Protocol doesn't work on 32 bit Windows 7. On Windows 10 you can have a cell in a Excel spreadsheet containing a landline/mobile telephone # in it and have a macro in Excel that will send the phone # to the TEL protocol with the result that Personal Skype will launch and call the number for you. In Windows 7 You go to Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set your default programs (whch says under it "Make a program the default for all file types and protocols it can open") and a list of programs will be displayed.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Je, me suis faire désactive de Skype

Je, me suis faire désactive de Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A feature to dull down the callers image, as it is uncomfortable stark when you see you image so clear with all the lines and wrinkles.

On the settings button, along with the option to blur the background, there should be an option to blur your image too, particularly if you may not be looking your best when calling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype for windows: create and send a photo

Hello, for the situations where I don't want to create a video message. Is it possible to get an option to make just a photo from a webcam and send it? (like it done for mobile versions)

I will really appreciate it.
    As a bonus idea, there could be a screenshot option too. But the photo from the webcam is more interesting for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be helpful to show the primary email id and contact number for our contacts

It would be helpful to show the primary email id and contact number for our contacts
    (i.e) Contact number to be mandatory entered and it should be shown to the users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skype for Android: add a widget to start a chat/call with a chosen contact

Saves time on navigation thru menus for frequent contacts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. synchronizing system the renamed display names

synchronizing the renamed display names from skype to skype on various devices in case you accidentally delete the renamed display names on one device, but this will allow you to retrieve the renamed display names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skype number cellular

Olá, adquiri recentemente um número Skype com prefixo da cidade de Bauru interior de São Paulo. Gostaria de sabe sobre a possibilidade de adquirir um número de celular através do Skype, visto que o padrão de número celular no Brasil contém um dígito à mais.
    Obrigado

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide what the updates include, within the Skype program

When an update is installed, there should be a link within Skype (probably in Help and Feedback), where we can see what the updates included. Have spent some time searching for this but only found updates for previous update and prior, not the one just installed. Have found confusion, that even though a contact has same version, there are differences. For instance, my status stays as Away when starting up, but a contacts still changes to Active. If we could see exactly what changes there was to each update, it would help the confusion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Шаблоны сохраненных фраз

Добавьте шаблоны сохраненных фраз с возможностью добавления своих (например общие фразы - "Хорошо, путь будет так", "Ну-да, ну-да", "Спасибо!", "Как ты?", "Какой кошмар!", "Привет! Как дела?" и т.д.)
    Смайликов и эмодзи много, но они не всегда подходят. Требуется именно текст.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile Apps

Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile apps is much needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. skype business - remove or deminish distracting 'saved conversation' message

The 'we saved this conversation' that pops up at the end of a chat after a while is very distracting. I suggest having it not move any of conversation and gently fading in if required at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. older mac

You should fix up a version similar to skype v 2 or 5 or 6 that runs on all macs back to 10.6.8 or at least back to 10.9.5 that supports basic IM with audio notifications. To that, adding voice calls and video calls would be nice, but your current versions don't even handle IM notifications properly. For example skype 8.49 is the last version that runs on os x 10.9 and it doesn't work right. It only beeps on a new IM session and not on subsequent messages. This should be user-configurable and work right. As it is, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Find Old historical

Bonsoir,
    Il serait très intéressant pour les usagers de skype ne s'étant pas connecter depuis plusieurs mois de retrouver leurs historiques.
    Personnellement nous aimerions retrouver nos historiques de conversation de l'année 2012. Sachant que nous ne sommes plus sur le même ordinateur qu'a l'époque. Il faudrait trouver un moyen de télécharger un historique en particulier, même s'il fallait payer une légère somme.

Merci de travailler sur ce sujet.

Best regards
    A Deveaux

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow deletion of ALL old conversations w/ 1 click

1) Provide button to delete ALL old conversations
    2) Bring back menu bar for ALL applications
    3) Stop trying to make desktop applications look/feel exactly like mobile apps. They are 2 different UIs and with different use cases

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. LOCAL NUMBER or SKYPE

I am using Skype manager.... and it's great.... but unfortunately, my caller ID doesn't work as its sposed to.
    Some of the recipient's number shown when receiving their call is a LOCAL NUMBER or SKYPE not the purchased caller ID

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Strike feature in Skype.

In Skype, here we have the options to remove the sent message. Also, we have a feature of Edit message. In Removing/Editing we can't see the previous message(which is removed/updated i.e the old message) so here is the idea, here, we can add one more feature i.e "Strike" a sent message which will help in a group OR personal chat that we previously what was there and now we are that person who sent the message can strike that message which states that the message is no more and it will be there in the history as Strike message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notification history. It shows a history of all the notifications/messages sent to you

It's a history of all you notifications and messages

I can help with lost notifications or forgotten or didn't have enough time to read it when it pops up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base