Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer "Other" as a choice for the quality of calls. My most used entry would be "Call had drop outs".

Offer "Other" as a choice for the quality of calls. My most used entry would be "Call had drop outs".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Raspberry Pi version for Raspbian Stretch compiled for the 64-bit ARM architecture.

Provide a Raspbian Stretch (variation on Debian) compiled for 64-bit ARM CPUs. There are already 25 million Raspberry *** in circulation and use. I have switched to that as my primary development platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ban other people add to group has left

I want to skype have features ban other people add me to group that I left that group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Logging out of skype erases all the settings

When I use Skype (current version 8.42.0.60, app version 14.42.60.0), I log in, make the calls, log out and close the program. Why has it been made so stupid that it forgets ALL the settings and I need to implement them from the beginning next time I use it, over and over, from necessary equipment to visual appearance?

If MS has any decency left, don't show sympathy, small talk, make excuses etc., but take action and take care of the problem, otherwise this is just another nail in the coffin the corp. just being to fat to diet and not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. video screen is broken

I am using Galaxy Note 4 and Skype version is 8.45.
    I can not make video calls after updating Skype 8.45.

This is because my friend's video screen is broken.

I went to the Samsung service center and was diagnosed that there was no problem with the device.

I deleted and reinstalled the default app. However, you can not make video calls due to the same issue.

help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. voting

I cannot find anywhere that Skpe features - specifically, voting - are listed by Skype product (free Vs. cost). Is voting included in the free version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I hope skype number can be displayed when calling to others. I hope this feature can work in Hong Kong and Czech Republic.

I hope skype number can be displayed when calling to others. I hope this feature can work in Hong Kong and Czech Republic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. reinstall option

I am having trouble with skype on my Desk Top Computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Similar to Snapchats new feature you should add a spot where anything shared (such as links, photos, and audio) can be easily accessed.

Similar to Snapchats new feature you should add a spot where anything shared (such as links, photos, and audio) can be easily accessed. Like have a tab in the chat where you can look at everything sent of that manner. Maybe even saved messaged that are important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi :) Thank you for your feedback!
    This is a Skype Gallery feature that helps you easily retrieve shared content including media, links, and files. The Gallery pane displays all shared content from the beginning of the chat, so you can quickly find a picture you shared weeks ago, or a link sent to you in the chat. Just click Gallery under the chat name :)

- Petr

11. anrufbeantworter ansage

warum kann ich nicht mehr meinen eigenen Deutschen text für den anrufbeantowrter auf sprechen...das geht gar nicht das dort eine automatisierte englische ansage kommt... das wird einfach mal so geändert bis man es durch einen zufall merkt... ein grund skype nicht mehr zu nutzen....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Paid product

still last month i am using subscription India 2500Mins mobile and landlines quarterly , but now not available , need to improve this package

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a way to disable in-app notifications

I already manage my Skype notifications on each device in using through the OS. I don't need in-app notifications additionally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how can i enroll a friends email address?

I do not know how to add new email addresses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Removing account(s) from login screen of "Skype For Desktop" app on Mac

There should be a feature of removing account(s) from login screen of "Skype for Desktop" app on Mac.
    Not sure why a popular app like Skype(from a tech giant like Microsort) does not have this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to live stream the camera.

We use the camera to view our nest box and it would be ace to be able to record and live stream

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PROVIDE PROBLEM SOLVING SUPPORT. MY PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE CANNOT HEAR ME WHILE I AM TALKING ON SKYPE. NEED HELP.

PROVIDE PROBLEM SOLVING SUPPORT. MY PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE CANNOT HEAR ME WHILE I AM TALKING ON SKYPE. NEED HELP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seeing (as well as exporting) the history in sequence of occurrence across all contacts.

Being a primary way of communicating to clients, the history in Skype, including phone call duration, is important for being able to bill my clients.

That is about the absolute single aspect that will make it worth while for me and I assume most consultants in the industry, to continue with Skype.

It is terribly important for success in my kind of business.

Currently, the lack of ability is a super frustrating and disabling factor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need log in on multiple devices at same time and Voice mail option for Skype number on Cell phones done

I wanted to use Skype number for business on my phone but it didn't give me the option for Voice mail if I'm unable to attend also it restricts multiple logins hence if I'm working on my desktop at the office I have to ensure I have logged out from my home laptop or Cellphone App.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A simple switch to enable or disable SMS.

A simple switch to enable or disable SMS would be useful for those that prefer not to use SMS with Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base