Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. clear cache option on iOS

Option to clear cache or delete video/photo files without deleting the whole group conversation on iOS to save space. Similar to the one that WhatsApp has it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Call Center for Skype

Hi,
    apparently, there is no IVR for Skype software available in order to route a Skype number to a virtual call center. I formerly used to use PrettyMay Call Center for Skype but this software is not running on actual Skype anymore. Something replacing this software would be great. Thank you for considering.
    Marc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ВЕРНИТЕ СТАРЫЙ СКАЙП!!!!

НОВАЯ ВЕРСИЯ НИФИГА НЕ УДОБНАЯ!!!! ВЕРНИТЕ 7 ВЕРСИЮ СКАЙПА !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. keyboard shortcut to share screen

Use of a keyboard Shortcut to be able to share screen. too much time is wasted clicking and moving your mouse to do this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Broadcast message to all contact

Broadcast message to all contact
    user can select the contact or all contact to send broadcast to all in fraction of second

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto-answer calls in full screen

Auto-answer is presently a feature, but Skype video is in a smaller window/box. To expand to full screen, person must manually select full screen. Auto-answer should have a sub-feature (switch) to enable full screen mode or standard window option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Parental administration access

My 15yr old daughter has Autism and loves to have the independence to use Skype to talk to her school friends and other family members. She is unaware of the social dangers that platforms like Skype can pose and we have recently been aware that she has been using the search facility to try and find friends but has ended up trying to contact random Skype members. I think that it would be good for parents to have some sort of password protected administration access to allow them to create a contact list for their child so that the child…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please solve the screen recording issue under mac os mojave

please solve the screen recording issue under mac os mojave

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i'm tired for each start of skype to install .

please stop it . if we want install the new update we can do it us selft . for each start i want open it is always to install so annoying ... not i not have viruse

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Jamming Mode.

Provding an option on the settings to switch to Jamming mode.
    - for Participants upto 10.
    - flexibility to prioritize either background sound or voice( for whether the person is playing and instrument or singing )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feature to replicate real live communication model

I've an idea to solve the problem of multiple attendees.
    The call should have a different model/swith it's for "hosted", (school, seminary), or "on pear" (fun, collaboration).
    My concept it's based on a study of the model of the real live communication.
    We need to replicate it in web conferencing, otherwise after a while it's always headache.
    Despite the constant improvements, none solved the problem.
    I think everybody think so.
    It's necessary the use of voice recognition and some automation in the call based on it.
    As a project manager I thought to develop by myself or to study some…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to get the due subscription back if there was a payment issue after expiration particularly if you are an old customer

My subscription expired while I had an issue using the previous card which I had assigned to Skype. By the time I had sorted it out and I could now use a new card I could not go back to it. The offers now available are far too expensive!!!
    The disappointment is greater since I am an old customer and there is no further consideration from Skype. Some kind of flexibility should be available particularly to old customers because difficulties and problems either than our responsibility may arise. This issue is making me look else where for better offers and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group call list

There should be a way out to find out (after a group audio/ video call) who all actually joined the call ( having join and drop time would be even better). This can be seen during the call, but seems no way one can do this after the call. This des exits in Skype for business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having scheduled calls on the side of the chat not as a message

This would help a lot because if you schedule a call and everyone starts chatting it gets pushed to the top and no one sees it.

I think it should be on the right side and have the chat in the middle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Website preview

For example, when we send a youtube video link, it will show the thumbnail of the video and the title.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. go back to keeping the videos for 2 years like you did before you changed to only 30 days

go back to being able to retrieve all chats and videos for 2 years like you used to do skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Complete 2020 list of things that need to be Fixed.

1000 Suggestions won't do anything you need clear docs and real-time info to collaborate with the community but here is what i think needs addressing.

Desktop App stuff:

The built-in recorder is a mess it won’t record your current layout nor separate streams and its resolution/bitrate is too low we need selectable output for this not to be a ‘’backup thing’’ we also need multi audio tracks embedded GMT or UTC time code and a file name output that is standard like ‘’Sunday 2019.12.08 09.53.48 AM GMT’’ etc not ‘’video1’’ and the banner needs to be hidable and a ‘’i…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)