Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off last seen

Please provide the option to turn off last seen. People should have the option to have privacy.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete conversations means delete, not hide!

So, the way that I have found this to work is that when I actually want to DELETE a conversation, somehow, after some time, it pops back again. That is not what should happen. I want to be able to get rid of conversations that are no longer of use for me, or I just don't want to remember some, or whatever reason.

Add this option and, among a few others that should be there by default, at least on a PC (yeah, you got me, I mean KEY SHORTCUTS) and I most definitely guarantee to you that users will…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop sharing my contacts with others without my permission

Please immediately disable automatically sharing contact lists for the "People You May Know" feature, and create an explicit opt-in setting. Due to contact list asymmetry, accounts with few contacts can identify which other addresses their 1st degree contacts have in their contact list, without the 1st degree contact expressly sharing that information. This can have adverse effects in terms of unintended disclosure in private life and business contexts.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. where is the chat history control?

where is the chat history control?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Message and Convesation Privacy

Add option to be able to delete message or entire chat from all devices. Right now user have to login to each device and delete message or entire conversation.

Let user delete and remove message or entire chat from all devices from one device.

Give full privacy to users to be able to wipe out and delete message from all devices and forever.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows ... like earleir versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows 10... like earlier versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give option to user to hide message previews from sidebar - Privacy

The user must be able to hide his message preview from sidebar. We do not want anyone who is approaching our sceen to be able to read the last sentence of a conversation with another person. It is a matter of privacy!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sign out

PRIVACY ISSUE... your new version 8 DESKTOP application allows ANYONE access to others skype accounts.. This is a serious breach of EVERYONES PRIVACY.. I updated to your new version this morning to check this as I have made several attempts to BRING IT to your attention to fix it. Your new version gave me the option of signing in with my account or another.. I clicked my account and OMFG you logged right into it - NO PASSWORD OR VERIFICATION NEEDED... SERIOUSLY MICROSOFT??? I always sign out and quit Skype when I log off at work.. Version 7 protects my…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Status switching itself from "Invisible" to "Active"

Whenever I set my status "Invisible", It occasionally changes to "Active" online status itself. Even I am logged in and while using Skype, status changes to visible. It is really annoying. I want Skype to keep my status preferences and Save it. It is kind of Bug. Please consider this feedback and improve Status Settings!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Touch ID and Face ID Login

Hi,
    Could you please make the option to require Touch ID or Face ID to log into Skype on iPhone and Android. This option is already available on many other apps. Thanks.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype should add a pin lock features for both computer and mobile account access

Skype should add a pin lock features for both computer and mobile account access

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I don't like the sign in screen that does NOT require a password! Anyone can sign in to my account on my pc, how is that a good thing??

What happened to the password on the sign in screen?? Anyone can sign into my account with one click....this is not good, no privacy. Might have to dump skype.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype needs a huge improvements in privacy and integrety protection settings

GDPR stipulates that no Personal User data should be collected, leaked, displayed, transferred, processed and so on.

Any processing, collection, displaying of personal user data is illegal if there's an alternative way, or a less intrusive way to solve the task for whatever the reason was for collecting or processing said personal information.

GDPR also stipulates that unless Microsoft has a significant business based reason for collecting and processing any personal data, the benefits for the user must outweigh the privacy and integrity violation of said personal data.

Everything in Skype is Personal Data according to the definition in GDPR.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. where did the delete chat history disappear ?

cant find out how to delete history. had to google it
    it's hiding somewhere

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. restore options for history and privacy

have options for history and privacy

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bulk erasing of history

Bulk erasing of history

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable automatic "recommendation" of "potential" friends in Skype!

It's not Ok to show my contacts to other persons in my contact list as "potential" friends, without asking me if I want such a "feature". You should ASK on the start of Skype if I want this, instead of just activate such a functionality! I want to have a CHOICE to disable or enable it!!! Respect the privacy of your users!!!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base