Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to personalize voicemail

How to customize voicemail as before?

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be able to merge two calls together

With an incoming call have the ability to add them to an existing call

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Push to talk

Push to Talk. It is a thing. Literally every other VoIP app has this and Skype used to from what I gather.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your comments and votes around this topic! We definitely understand the need here, so I want to let you know that the Skype team is working on it. We will bring push-to-talk to Skype for Windows 10 first and later on to Skype for Windows desktop. I’ll post an update when it’s available :)

- Petr

6. 114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to change ringtone

Option to change ringtone

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We want Skype for Android TV

Although Skype announced the end of support for the Skype application for Smart TVs, Microsoft should reconsider its decision and start supporting at least Skype for the Android TV operating system, that way we could use any Webcam with UVC (USB Video Device Class) such as the Logitech C920, which is currently used by a video call application called Trueconf, which Skype can compete with and regain its leadership in that market.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a record option for audio (Skype to Skype/Mobile) and video and other recording features/options

Add a record option for audio and video both sides of the conversation or the option for one side only

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recognize who is speaking during meetings

It would be REALLY helpful to recognize who is actively speaking during a meeting. For example, if I am on a call with ten different people who I may or may not have met it would be nice to know who specifically is meeting.

WebEx and ZOOM can do this and from the interface they make it very obvious who is speaking by showing their name or indicating audio is coming through their side of the call/meeting.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Wanna let you know that the Skype team is already working on this :) Once available you will always see the active speaker. We can release it during the spring barring any technical issues that we may run into. I’ll post an update when it’s ready.

- Petr

11. Skype should allow me to transfer a call session between devices

I might start a call on my iPad, or on a web client, but want to transfer my call over to my phone, my surface, my surface hub, mac, or other signed-in devices. I should be able to hit a transfer button to send a call to another active device on my account. There should be a quick hand-off, and the call should activate there without interruption, in group/individual calls.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We are continuously working to improve the quality and functionality of Skype to meet your needs. Please continue to contribute your ideas — it push us to innovate, problem solve, and understand your needs.
    Thank you for helping us improve Skype.
    - Petr

12. 64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Put chat message area back on bottom. Not right/left side.

Right/left side chat is awkward/uncomfortable and reduces screen space. Put chat back on the bottom and underneath the screen area. 6.21 was the last version that did this. Whether it was a call, chat, or screenshare, big or small window, chat was always on bottom, underneath the screen. Or, at least, include an option allowing chat to be moved to this more user friendly position.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Integrated Calling

In the older versions of skype for mobile there was an option to disable Integrated Calling. I need skype on my phone for use while I'm away from my computer, but I really don't want incoming skype calls to show up as a phone call when my phone is locked. Please bring the option to disable it back

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put back 3 minute Video message rather then 20 seconds

Many elderly people find it difficult to type (arthritis etc) and used the 3 minute video message instead of typing. Changing it to 20 second messages is just too short to leave any kind of message - and having to leave 15 messages to = 3 minutes isn't the answer either. Why would you change it from 3 minutes to 20 seconds? Please consider the elderly or people struggling with arthritis in their fingers and reinstate the 3 minute video message. It can't be that difficult to do since you had it that way before.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back Skype Classic Snapshot. Skype 8 Snapshot sucks.

When I am talking ot my girlfriend, sometimes I want to take her snapshots. But, its Sype 8., its takes picture of both me and her. I just want to take "HER Picture not mine too. so, revert the snapshot feature like it was in SKYPE CLASSIC.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Desktop API for Skype 8

I have a Plantronics .Audio 628 Skype certified Headset that has inline controls particularly an Answer/End Call button that use the Plantronics Hub program to make it work. That program uses Desktop API which is available in Classic Skype.

Unfortunately Desktop API seems to be ABSENT in Skype 8.

I would like to have the answer/end call buttons to work with Skype 8 so I could answer or end calls faster. So please bring Desktop API to Skype 8

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We hear you  ·  Cagla at Skype responded

Thank you for your feedback. We already support some human interface device (HID) commands on our Universal Windows Platform Skype app. Our current support includes end call, mute/unmute your mic, and increase/decrease volume.
    You can install our UWP app from the Windows Store app.

18. Older verison of skype

I like the older version of skype and I've read about plenty of other people that refer the older version skype 7.40 or 7.41. I liked the layout of it because it was easier to find what I was looking for and whenever somebody was online I knew they were online instead of guessing if they're online or not it is frustrating to me, I do like that we are able to personalize the newer version of skype but I don't like anything else about it.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Raise your hand

Add a "raise your hand" option for group audio calls which notifies everybody on the call that I (or anyone person) want to speak. This is very useful during meetings. This can be useful during any conference call so at to not to interrupt a speaker in the middle and unlike a video where you can make out from a listener's expression that they might want to talk, on an audio call the only way for someone to convey their intention to speak is to wait till someone finishes their sentence but there might be multiple people who wish to…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Double-click a contact to call

Another feature from older Skypes.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base