Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple account support

Have serveral Skype accounts (Personal & Work) that I want to be used at the same time.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete skype account without the closure of ones Microsoft account

I want to be able to completely delete skype and remove it from my microsoft account.
    Being forced to have a skype account is the single biggest reason why I hate and avoid microsoft web services, and why I'm constantly recommending friends and colleagues to avoid using microsoft services and move to google services instead.
    I hate my skype account and that I'm forced to have a skype icon in my microsoft account, that I have a stupid horrible and ugly skype username that does not match my microsoft account email, and how everytime I opened outlook there was a…

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow unlink Skype from the MS account without deleting the account

1. Provide an option and instructions to update old non-MS live Skype accounts to be updated to a MS live account, rather than creating a new unneeded and unwanted Skype account.

2. When installing Office 365 and it asks for your Skype name, but won't recognize it because it was created before MS bought Skype. Give the customer the option to stop and associate the account to avoid an erroneous account being created. Provide specific information regarding what will happen if you don't and that it will create a new Skype account and MS won't allow you to unlink it or link…
    134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Refine your compromised account detection system.

Non-compromised accounts of English as a Second Language tutors of RareJob Inc. who use personal skype accounts in contacting students who use personal accounts are being suspended/deactivated for sending contact requests.

Their line of business via Skype should not be violations of the Fair Use Policy.

RareJob Inc. Can be considered as one of your loyal customers for 11 years and counting.

You already messed up with the UI. Will you also mess up the usage itself of Skype?

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Skype account

Skype ID: Please Provide an option changing name in skype account according to user
    SKype Account deletion :please provide an option to delete skype account when a user request to skype agent

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to delete history from My usage

Skype store all the phone numbers and when you called in “Skype\My account\Usage\My usage”. It’s a serious security concern if a hiker if someone hacks your account.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re still working on enabling this capability to allow you to delete all the conversations with one click. In the meantime you can delete your conversations one by one. Right click on the conversation in the recent chats list, and select the option to “Delete Conversation”.
    - Petr

8. Skype

I have had incredible frustration and confusion with Skype accounts. MS made me an unwanted Live: Skype account, which it defaults to when I go to the web site to add credit or buy a Skype number.

The Skype number I bought went to this idiotic, unwanted Live: Skype account. Credit I purchased for Skype calls did the same.

Why would I abandon a 20yr old Skype account?

I cannot erase the unwanted, unnecessary, forced-upon-me Live: Skype address that is also tied to my MS account, WITHOUT DELETING MY ENTIRE MS ACCOUNT!!!!

Seriously, who designs this kind of idiocy?

I…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You should combine Skype regular and Skype business

It is really time to combine Skype for consumer and Skype business.
    Most people end up using both although rarely and 2 extremely similar apps should be combined
    It is stupid that you have to have 2 apps which do pretty much everything the same all you need to unlock the business features is to add a second login a count from a work or school

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skype call history

Please bring the Skype Call History back for the Latest Version of Skype for Windows 10 (Current version 8.31.0.92). I want to see a list of calls made and the costs of each call. Classic Skype had this feature and it was easy to use. Should also be easy to get access to the Call History.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to merge my accounts, and keep only one.

I want to be able to merge my accounts and keep only one.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype Name Issue kindly fix random skype name issue.

We want our desire Skype name. Like choosing Skype name option or edit Skype name. Which option Skype provide before. Thanks :)

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Requesting the ability to change Skype usernames and the ability to unlink accounts without affecting current Microsoft accounts connected

Usernames should not cause confusion for utilizing either Skype or Microsoft accounts. Please make it possible to change the Skype Username to the email associated with the Microsoft account. This would be for a select number of cases where the username NEEDS to be changed as a result of the Skype and Microsoft merger. In the future it would be great if there was the ability to change Skype usernames and the ability to unlink accounts without affecting the current Microsoft accounts connected to it.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ability to change skype name, delete skype account

Forcing skype accounts on existing microsoft accounts without the option to change the skype name, delete/unlink the skype account, or link an already existing skype account to the user's microsoft account is asinine. Please update these features immediately, users should not have to delete their entire pre-existing microsoft account to work around these issues.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Merging old Skype account (user name) with/into Microsoft accounts (email address).

I have a Skype account that I created before Microsoft acquired Skype. The account is 'based' on a user name. I recently created a Microsoft account with my email address. Same email address as is in my account settings for the old Skype account. However, Microsoft automatically created a new Skype account for me. Why couldn't I just migrate my existing old Skype account to Microsoft and sync them all up?

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unlink Skype name from wrongly linked Microsoft email account

Please Microsoft, find a solution to unlink wrongly linked Microsoft email account with Skype name, in order to link the Skype name with the right Microsoft email account... There are a lot of people out there, who are struggling with the same issue. I understand it could have been our "fault" to link the wrong accounts, however, what could be done, SHOULD be able to be UNDONE, don't you think? :)

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove the silent merge of Skype-Microsoft accounts

Nobody really likes things happening without consent, nor the fact you're unable to un-merge accounts.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It is an ID that starts with this: live:.cid. What is this ID? What is this account? It is so difficult to use. Why do we use Skype for the

It is an ID that starts with this: live:.cid. What is this ID? What is this account? It is so difficult to use. Why do we use Skype for the convenience of work? Why do you change them into inconvenient skype? Why?
    The previous registration rules have been used for many years. Why can you even modify the registration rules?
    why is your company's smarter team making such a decision, so it is very unwise for a big company, billions of people around the world use skype, you are free to change to unwise and unwise The decision of the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change Skype Name and Delete Account without Deleting Microsoft Account

My account was hacked a couple of years ago and someone set my 'Skype Name' as their own name. We should be allowed to change this.

I have this hacked account and two other accounts attached to my Microsoft account, now I can't delete them without deleting my entire e-mail account. I didn't consent to this link. We should be able to delete Skype accounts without deleting Microsoft ones!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base