Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add current time and timezone

I'd like to show local time of user in my contact list. I am attaching screenshot - https://prnt.sc/qzncde .
    You can easy understand what I'd like to say. It's so simple and you can add it in skype. It's small feature but It's help a lot. I have to check client's time on google each time.

One more if you can do. On click client's time, it show differences of both time and if we want to calculate then give there calendar with time to easy calculate time difference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop making the options so deceiving!

Make the options much more simple and easy to understand! Purchased a Skype Number under the impression I would be able to sent and receive SMS.... Nope! You have to buy Skype Credit for that... But wait! You purchased the wrong type of Skype Credit, the kind that only lets you make phone calls, not send SMS (even though that's not mentioned)... And oh yeah, it's almost 12 cents to send a SMS with the right type of credit when it should costs less than a 1/2 of a cent (see Twilio pricing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. international caller ID

Dear Engineers
    I am a UK resident living and breathing in the UK. I am not an international customer. So why does the number I set in the Caller ID come us as “International” and completely ignore what I asked it to do.
    Your chat blamed all the other phone services but that’s a rubbish answer as why would Skype let its paying customers be seen as a Cold Caller or a Spammer? This is exactly what’s happening to those who now refuse my calls.
    I use a PC Skype App the latest one and my caller ID is set…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use tags to organize contacts

Presently all my contacts are jumbled together which is annoying -- especially for business contacts. I don't want just a favorites list. It would be nice to use tags or folders so I can put some as business contacts, or project contacts, or family and friends contacts. I'm using Skype to communicate with vendors but they all have unusual names so I have to search and search to figure out who they are. I want add tags and sort by those tags

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. how to uninstall info 'appwiz.cpl' (Progams & Features) does not display Skype in win 10. Apps & features from Settings does.

how to uninstall info 'appwiz.cpl' (Progams & Features) does not display Skype in win 10. Apps & features from Settings does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to choose which people you want to call in a group (avoiding to ring the call for everyone)

Sometimes you need a group to keep people updated about the work they are doing together, however, sometimes you have meetings with just part of the people in the group, but still want that the video recorder or the messages shared keep inside the group for the other participants. It's very annoying to call everybody all the time. In DISCORD, for instance, with you start a call with SHIFT pressed you start alone and the interested people ingress on it. It's one way to do that...and make all the diference for goups where people did call often.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A select all option to delete recent calls

A select all option to delete recent calls. Right now its a 2 step process and its VERY VERY slow for hundreds of calls

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to block or terminate one person who is sending me pictures of women' privates. I did not ask or want this. Want to block

want to block or remove one contact who is sending me lude pictures without my permission. Please let me know how remove this contact. I see no place to do that on the skype site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skype translator barely working for text and not working at all for voice/video translation Feb 2020

Yes I've installed and re-installed many times. Also, I know what setup suggestions are. ITS NOT WORKING

I dont understand why Skype changes things for no reason. It worked last year.

Now, sometimes it works for 1 person in a video call. But not the other.

And, Requesting translation is confusing to some people, and when some people click accept, it still only works some of the time.

Then you can change settings for language, but its not clear if you are changing your own language settings or is it specific to a conversation with a certain language.

Honestly, just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It is unacceptable that no setting allows us to prevent people from recording a conversation for privacy. Zoom does.

It is unacceptable that no setting allows us to prevent people from recording a conversation for privacy. Zoom does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype usernames

When you create this feature?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow sending, receiving, and rendering of Rich Text Format (RTF) in messaging

Allow sending, receiving, and rendering of Rich Text Format (RTF) in messaging, or HTTP would be ok, with option to use or not, like Outlook e-mails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HI, i think that there should be a feature where you can choose to show as away or invisable to one or certain few chosen contacts

HI, i think that there should be a feature where you can choose to show as away or invisable to one or certain few chosen contacts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype needs a better and more realistic Voice translator in more languages .Skype suppose to unite people all over the world.

Skype needs a better and more realistic Voice translator in more languages .Skype suppose to unite people all over the world. A) Choices of languages are less than w need B) Voice translator does NOT work during call or video calls. Why you make things worst?Nobody can understand the reason .People lose money from this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix status

please fix your status from changing to online repeatedly. every other chat/video app is capable of retaining your status setting across multiple devices, except for you. please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base