Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put back 3 minute Video message rather then 20 seconds

Many elderly people find it difficult to type (arthritis etc) and used the 3 minute video message instead of typing. Changing it to 20 second messages is just too short to leave any kind of message - and having to leave 15 messages to = 3 minutes isn't the answer either. Why would you change it from 3 minutes to 20 seconds? Please consider the elderly or people struggling with arthritis in their fingers and reinstate the 3 minute video message. It can't be that difficult to do since you had it that way before.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype permita dejar mensajes de vos. (Skype allows you to leave voice messages)

Skype permita dejar mensajes de vos. (Skype allows you to leave voice messages)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video

Being back more than 4 cams being able to be shown at once.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We want Skype for Android TV

Although Skype announced the end of support for the Skype application for Smart TVs, Microsoft should reconsider its decision and start supporting at least Skype for the Android TV operating system, that way we could use any Webcam with UVC (USB Video Device Class) such as the Logitech C920, which is currently used by a video call application called Trueconf, which Skype can compete with and regain its leadership in that market.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. please let me know when call history is back

call history - the list of calls received by skype is missing in current versions so i am holding on windows v7 until it returns. the feature is missing in the android app as well even though you get a push notification, when you tap on it it returns you to nothing so you have no record of what number called you or any ability to return the call. thanks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Very bad ! Last update of skype v8 can't get MY PRIVATE audio files sent in PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS !! PDF can be downloaded but not audio

Very bad ! Last update of skype v8 can't get MY PRIVATE audio files sent in PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS !! PDF can be downloaded but not audio

I'm software enginner so I know what I talk.
    Could be uncompatible with many laws, where I MUST BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY DATA.

Thanks skype people keeping skype a good app and not an another fading away app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Respect us

If we put a Do Not Disturb or Invisible, it mean you can send a message to us but to calls etc. That would be embarrassing on a phone user...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keep skypemate usb phone working in new skype version

keep skypemate usb phone working in new skype version 8 as well as existing 7.41.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Identity: One ID as Proxy for another ID

I should be able to give another account authorization to act on my account's behalf. Messaging, calling, contact management, payments, everything.

Options for full disclosure ("George skyping for Mary"), partial ("an authorized delegate skyping for May"), and no disclosure.

Contexts:

• A lawyer should be able to log in as herself and act on behalf of a client's account.

• A parent for a minor child.

• An adult child for a parent with dementia.

• One employee (signed in as themself) for a corporate account.

• A friend for a friend on vacation.

• A bot for a user.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The screen will not be split into two halves

Hi Skype, please promptly fix the bug in the latest version of skype for mobiles. The screen will not be split into two halves during a video call (I'm on one half of the screen and my other friend) It's bad and impractical, I can not see how I look. Please make a quick fix. Well thank you.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. blocked

In the old Skype, blocked contacts showed up in search results. I miss that feature very much, please bring it back!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. /kickban user Bans members for joining or being added to your group chat Skype room.

This command by admin in a Skype Group chat adds users to a Ban list. Even if you make a room not joinable, others can still add people. This never made sense. In Moderated rooms (which should be the default - its not in Classic on Cloud rooms), Admin can make it possible with the /set banlist or the /kickban commands to ban users from either joining or being added by others (even if joining is not enabled).

You really should add Group as a category for these Skype Ideas!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the "adjust microphone automatically" button

Last time I updated to Skype 8, whenever I was in a call, Skype would automatically raise and lower my mic volume REGARDLESS of whether the setting was turned off. This makes recording my voice while in a call all the more difficult because I have to amplify certain sections more than others based on how Skype adjusted the volume.
    Thanks!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop forcing the update and keep Skype 7 alive!

Skype 7 works fine for me and all my needs. The new update does not function for me on my desktop. It works like an annoying app. I hate it. Most people do. Stop forcing everyone to update and allow us to use the old version if we want to.

1,496 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

458 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realize moving away from older versions of Skype is an inconvenience and we’re sorry for that. We wouldn’t be moving everyone forward if it wasn’t absolutely necessary. Watch this site for news about features we’re adding to the current version of Skype and reach out to @SkypeSupport on Twitter if you need help getting settled in the new app.

Thanks all for all the comments and votes around this topic.

17. Bring back USERNAMES

Allow us to change Skype username!

1,511 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

441 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Select portions of text like single words or emails in messages

I can't select what I need, have to copy whole message, paste to notepad.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add contact to an existing call

When in a call with a contact - if another contact changes status to Online you can then drag and drop that contact into the call you're already in. This worked perfectly in v7 but in v8 you have to carry out multiple steps to achieve the same result. Please keep it simple. This is great for online business meetings/gaming/family calls when contacts arrive online at different times.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base