Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. share screen - full screen

Add back the option to double click for full screen while someone else is sharing his screen, this option was very useful in the old versions of Skype and everyone I talked to missing it.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back call tech. info.

It is an invaluably! tool when helping, the not so technical “interested” friends, to get good video quality.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume control per person

make it so we can turn individual person up and down

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. how do I get back separate windows please?

how do I get back separate contact windows please?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display 'Active' contacts automatically on loading

Allow users to configure what appears upon loading the app e.g. 'Chats' seems to be the default view but I would rather my active contacts appeared instead.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back the support for the H264 HW encoder in Logitech 920 for 1080P

The other benefit is that it lessen the strain on the CPU considerably!
    Naturally for all Logitech cams like 930 922......etc, that's support it

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocked Skype Users Can Not Call You

A BLOCKED Skype user should not be able to ring/call your Skype! Are you working on this MS? And will this major bug be fixed in Classic Skype 7 as well as future updates? I get multiple calls through out the night because people from india call my Skype, even when I have blocked and removed from contacts. I have set Skype to forward all calls to my home phone. Now to fix this I have to forward calls to my Google Voice where I can set office hours to forward calls again to my home phone. Surely Skype can…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Compact contact list / home window

I would like to have a * compact * contact list as * own * window on my right screen edge.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement a way to reply to a SKYPE message with an Outlook email the same way you can reply to an Outlook email w/ a SKYPE message

The ability to reply to a SKYPE message with an Outlook email the same way you can reply to an Outlook email w/ a SKYPE message would be a helpful feature addition.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Video call controls optional

Please give us the option of hiding all call controls during video chats, you've added far too many call controls and it's annoying to see when I'm in the middle of a video conference. Make it like Skype 7 where you could just move your mouse and the call controls would fade away then if you needed them again you'd move your mouse again. Simple. Effective. User friendly.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Cagla at Skype responded

Hi everyone. The call controls should time out (disappear) if you move the mouse outside the app window or if you don’t move it for a couple seconds. If you are not seeing this behavior, let us know and we can take a further look.

13. I think everyone agrees that the redesigned Skype 8 is cumbersome and difficult to use

Instead of beating a dead horse and reiterating all of the ideas below, my suggestions for the new Skype 9 are simple:

1. Skype is the only messaging app that I know of that doesn't allow me to use my volume buttons to snap a picture. Please bring that back. One handed operation of any app is pretty standard these days and it's absolutely absurd to force users to use the button on the screen to take a picture. It becomes even more cumbersome if you're trying to record a video.

2. The new message notification is so unobtrusive that I can't…
    29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do not let incoming calls steal the focus

Do not let incoming calls steal the focus. In Skype 7, incoming calls are indicated by audio (through the desktop speaker, not my headphones! D'oh!) and an unobtrusive small topmost window that DOES NOT STEAL THE FOCUS and can be moved to a preferred location, where it stays; can even be closed without blocking the call. Skype 8 steals the focus, contrary to Microsoft's own UI guidelines, and does so even when, say, I happen to be playing a game (yes, I admit I do that sometimes), interrupting game play, changing resolution, even crashing the game. I mean, that alone…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back Skype Classic Snapshot. Skype 8 Snapshot sucks.

When I am talking ot my girlfriend, sometimes I want to take her snapshots. But, its Sype 8., its takes picture of both me and her. I just want to take "HER Picture not mine too. so, revert the snapshot feature like it was in SKYPE CLASSIC.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Contact integration

When I go into my phone contacts on either of my android devices, I get the possibility to call a person on either "Viber Out" or WhatsApp - In the old days, Skype was also integrated there - Could you bring that feature back?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blocking and invisible

If someone has blocked you there should be a explanation next to their profile pic saying "you have been blocked" plain and simple, I've heard that if someone has their status set to "seen days ago" this could mean you are blocked, invisible or have not been on Skype for days it's very confusing, I spoke to a technician about it and they said that when someone has blocked you you can't search their name anymore, but you can as I tested it with my friend, I got her to block me, but I had no indication that she had…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please let user to download all chat history from cloud storage

Please let user to download all chat history from cloud storage

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow paste into the diaload while in a call in UWP versions of Skype for conference call PINs

the reason I'm still clinging on to the oldest version of Skype that I can on Windows 10 is that I make dozens of conference calls a month and I need to paste in long PIN numbers after the call has connected. this works reasonably well in classic Skype but has never worked in the modern or UWP versions of Skype. since I use Skype primarily for conference calls, this is a significant disadvantage.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix Outlook Integration

In Skype 7, in the desktop Outlook application you could call a contact simply by using the Outlook "Call" feature. In Skype 8 this TAPI feature was broken, and calling a contact from Outlook brings up the modem dialer instead (and I don;t have a modem or analog phone line).

I won't upgrade until the Outlook integration is restored and I can call my contacts through Skype from within Outlook. Please do not suggest importing my contacts into Skype; I have 12,000 and wish to keep them separate.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base