Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sign out

PRIVACY ISSUE... your new version 8 DESKTOP application allows ANYONE access to others skype accounts.. This is a serious breach of EVERYONES PRIVACY.. I updated to your new version this morning to check this as I have made several attempts to BRING IT to your attention to fix it. Your new version gave me the option of signing in with my account or another.. I clicked my account and OMFG you logged right into it - NO PASSWORD OR VERIFICATION NEEDED... SERIOUSLY MICROSOFT??? I always sign out and quit Skype when I log off at work.. Version 7 protects my…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need privacy setting

Earlier version used to have Options and within it had the option for Privacy setting. Can't find the feature anymore.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full screen (Skype for Desktop)

Please bring back the full screen option for Skype for Desktop. I don't understand why this would ever be removed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SYNC chat history, calls log and attached files and photos to APPLE ICLOUD

please give me the option to SYNC chat history, calls log and attached files and photos to APPLE ICLOUD so I will have them available on all my Apple devices.

This is good for availability to consult history on all my devices and also good for having a backup too for new devices where I will install Skype from zero.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like the ability to clear all my conversations at one even if its something like a check box there I have t select all.

I would like the ability to clear all my conversations at one even if its something like a check box there I have t select all.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suggested contacts tab needs to go.

Suggested contacts tab needs to go. Nobody needs sugested in contacts they already know. It is just a waste of time and space.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the jump history/copy paste

Please bring back the old feature wherein we can easily jump back in previous conversations in a matter of just clicking. Also, copy & paste of conversations before looked way better and convenient than the current.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Timer to turn off Do Not Disturb

It would be cool to be able to set a timer when turning on Do Not Disturb so that status changes back to Active when timer runs out

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Focus the textbox (for typing immediately) when click open Skype from Windows notification.

Focus the textbox (for typing immediately) when click open Skype from Windows notification.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put back the "check for updates manually"button back under the "help" button.

Put back the "check for updates manually"button back under the "help" button.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto Export Message History

Put something in that will notify users when their cloud-stored history is about to start overwriting, and suggest they export their message history (or make this automatic). Exports should also be stored as a readily accessible, rather than proprietary file type, and should be indexed for quick and efficient search. Nobody should EVER lose old messages just because their cloud storage is only good for a rolling two-year window!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need compact and simple chat UI for PC.

I need multi windows on PC without overrappig each other. so skype message window should be placed side with small and simple.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Home Button in Skype Version 8.30

Hello

I am using Skype Version 8.30 & I want to inform you that One Feature is missing, which I get after Skype Classic Version 7.

if we Open a Chat and we want to close (Minimize) that Chat then we can't do that, for that we need Home button which was given in Skype Classic, which was a much better option for users to close or minimize the Chat.

please Add this Feature ASAP.

Waiting for your Valuable reply,

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bring back the small chat window

bring back the minimized small chat window so that everyone in the office cant see my private chats with my wife

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. outgoing fax

If your paying for an outgoing calling you should be able to FAX to the Number your calling

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give option to user to hide message previews from sidebar - Privacy

The user must be able to hide his message preview from sidebar. We do not want anyone who is approaching our sceen to be able to read the last sentence of a conversation with another person. It is a matter of privacy!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please return the option to see the numbers that you are calling (Skype to phone)

Can't see the numbers I am calling in the current version. After selecting a country code, numbers disappear

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy part of a message

The newset version has copy feature but seems to only copy the whole message, not the highlighted part of the message. Would be useful to copy part of a message, ie an email within a message.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Call Waiting features at least when using Skype number!

Please add a call waiting feature, so that we can activate/deactivate this feature so that when someone calls us whilst we are already in a call we can choose if that someone hears a busy tone or not because at the moment if we are on a call, a second call will always come through which isn’t great!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please keep the Skype design philosophies separated between mobile and desktop.

You've seemed insistent that mobile interfaces are the future of computing, and you're right in that they they are the future of computing FOR MOBILE DEVICES.

Apple figured out how to improve the desktop experience. Microsoft originally had almost mastered it with Windows 7, and instead of improving on that even more, Microsoft decided that mobile operating systems are the future, and they've never let up on it.

When Skype was released, there wasn't such a thing as smartphones yet. Up until Skype 8 for Windows, it was still very much a desktop-centric app.

If people want to use…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base