Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Group calls - when add people have option to call them in Skype or on any one of their numbers

Thanks for allowing me now to add phone numbers easily to a Skype contact, in the latest version of Skype. When doing a group call, now, I cannot click on a contact and choose the number or Skype name I want to call them on. I used to be able to do that. Now, I can just add them, and Skype seems to decide kind of randomly how that person is called - I presume its first preference is that persons Skype name. That is not always good - someone may not have access to Skype, but have access to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With the new Skype version I cannot receive group or conference calls. The active caller is kept on hold automatically whislst I prefer to o

Bring back the older version that supports answering of my group calls/ conversation/ conference calling, or email me the link for the older version of skype

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get the option to hear Audio alerts for messages through headsets and speakers both, especially when we aren't wearing headsets?

Can we get the option to hear Audio alerts for messages through headsets and speakers both, especially when we aren't wearing headsets?

The new version now allows for this feature for calls (thank you), but can you also do it for new messages?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improvements for people with eye dysfunctions

People with Macular Degeneration and Blood Vessels Thrombosis are not able to change to font to the desirable size nor to bold it nor nothing!
    Very close relative of mine has these terrible conditions and makes the usage a real struggle!
    It is ridiculous and can be considered as a discrimination - it is surprising how your team can change the settings without considering such disabilities?!
    Please do your best as this requires almost no efforts to be adjusted!
    Thanks in advance!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notify me when one makes a screenshot of my message or video call on phone and desktop

Notify me when one makes a screenshot of my message or video call on phone and desktop

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Activity a few days ago

Tell me please, with the updated version of Skype, they no longer write the exact time when a person is online. Writes Activity a few days ago. Faced with such a problem, I now can’t see if a person deleted his account at all or what was wrong with him, was he online, day, two, month, a year ago.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove Suggestions Options From Skype Because It Show MY Clients To My Other Contacts. It is very bad feature for me remove this feature ot

Remove Suggestions Options From Skype Because It Show MY Clients To My Other Contacts.

It is very bad feature for me remove this feature otherwise I uninstall skype.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic Updates

Please give us the option to turn off automatic updates. At the current way, it doesn't even ask permission to install the updates. We as users need more control over the update process. We don't want Skype controlling us.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. copy big block (conversation etc.)

copy(select and copy) big block (conversation etc.) should be easy and no pain **********

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CONTACT SHARING

DO NOT SHARE USERS CONTACTS WITH OTHER USERS ... create a privacy setting that does not allow other users to see your contact list. It is 2019! It is a breach of privacy ...

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ref: Mutual Contacts

Hi,
    Your suggestions in Skype of lists of contacts which have mutual friends is a total breach of privacy, there are many reasons why this should not be shown to others or myself, on most occasions people do not want others to know of mutual contacts and even if one does not know to which friend the mutual contact belongs it can be easily found out and causes a lot of arguments and suspicions and jealousy. It’s practically the same as putting mutual friends in the newspaper for all to see, who came up with this ridiculous option? Please get…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make ONLINE-People at the TOP of FAVORITS, Please

Make ONLINE-People at the TOP of FAVORITS, Please

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. option to disable skype

have an option in general settings to disable skype completely, it's ridiculous to say that you are working on this and it will take time, since this option was available in the old format .

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need an app for phone, for easy access

An app for phone, for easy access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make it obvious and easy to delete calls and contacts as used to be the case in earlier versions

make it both obvious and easier to delete calls chats and contacts --- as used to be the case

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New Features should arrive Turned Off

Due to your resent act of un-privacy update where you forced us to be in recommendations, forced recommendations upon us AND made us searchable online, which I find to be a breach of privacy and a breach of trust between me and your product, I would HIGHLY recommend you to have every new feature turned OFF as you ship it.

Not everybody is the same, not everyone wants the same. So why force everybody to get the same updates?

Make sure your new set of new features are given to us in a notification first, and tell us how to…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Suggestion of contacts depending on mutual contacts is violation of privacy and my confidentiality of contacts

I don't like the new feature of suggesting mutual contacts to be added. I have some contacts which I don't want to let other people on my Skype to know. But this feature shows the list of all my contact to other contact as suggestion that you have one mutual contact. This is not good as per my privacy. There should be some option to handle and control this if I want to share my contact details with other contacts or not. For example in my skype I have added my clients as well as my employees. But I want…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base