Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display full width of everyone's video feed

Please make it so that everyone's full video is displayed horizontally by default when in a group video call with two or more users. It's incredibly annoying to have 66% of someone's video hidden on the UI when all video feeds are shown in the main window since they are displayed in a vertical orientation.

I understand this is implemented to "fill" the user's screen but it's a bad approach in my opinion. Skype 7 would show the full width of everyone's video when their cameras were enabled. Now however, someone's video feed is always cropped to display in a…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification of times in foreign zones for overseas corespondents

Notification of time zones in foreign areas

Please show local times in foreign country contacts. This used to be available but has disappeared in yet another frustrating Skype update

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype

I have had incredible frustration and confusion with Skype accounts. MS made me an unwanted Live: Skype account, which it defaults to when I go to the web site to add credit or buy a Skype number.

The Skype number I bought went to this idiotic, unwanted Live: Skype account. Credit I purchased for Skype calls did the same.

Why would I abandon a 20yr old Skype account?

I cannot erase the unwanted, unnecessary, forced-upon-me Live: Skype address that is also tied to my MS account, WITHOUT DELETING MY ENTIRE MS ACCOUNT!!!!

Seriously, who designs this kind of idiocy?

I…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Username Profile Adress

Please, give us the possibility to share our profile like Telegram. For instance :

https://skype.me/"Username"

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Call blocking for phone numbers. Blocking non-Skype users from calling Skype phone. I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m.

Call blocking for non-Skype user phone numbers (RoboCalls). I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m. to my Skype number while overseas.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like there to be notifications for when people sign on and off of Skype

I would like Skype to notify me when people sign on and off of Skype like it did in Skype 7

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back the message notification sounds to version 8.34.0.78

Bring back the message notification sounds and options to version 8.34.0.78

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chant history should be stored locally like earlier version

You should store the chat history locally. It's very difficult to find an Old chat since using cloud.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. option to disable "react to this message" button

Please, add an option to disable "react to this message" button near every incoming message. It looks annoying. I'm not going to use it and wish to hide it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is it possible to reinstate the function that shows the exact time when contacts log off?

Is it possible to reinstate the function that shows the exact time when contacts log off?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but d

We should be able to make ourselves invisible to certain persons. What if we are Active online so one persons knows were available, but dont want others trying to contact us " because we are available "

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show time of message seen by other person

Add a feature which shows when other person had seen your's message.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Skype at any device!

in Germany skype is killed by WhatsApp, what differs skype and WA previously was that skype was available on many devices like xbox360, smart TVs etc. ...this is gone! I mean cmon ,NOBODY is bying a Xbox One because skype has been removed from Xbox360, These People feel deceived, betrayed… It is not even possible to WiFi mirror the screen to a TV... WTF?!?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow marking of incoming spam calls and display warning to users.

Skype-In numbers sometimes receive spam calls. Allow us to mark such numbers as spam and have a warning message displayed with incoming calls that come from numbers that have been reported for spam. That way we can decide not to answer incoming calls that others have marked as from spammers, and also report numbers falsely so marked. Numbers should be automatically delisted when no complaints are received for a specific time, e.g. 3 months. There should also be an option to automatically block all incoming calls that have been marked by the community as coming from spammers. https://www.shouldianswer.com have already…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give us a toggle for formatting

Please, just give us a toggle for turning advanced formatting on or off, like you have in Skype 7+. For those of us who have difficulties with reading things that are bolded or italicized due to being low vision users, something like this is vital. Putting two @ symbols in front of every post is not a feasible workaround, due to how things work in Skype. Please, just give us this back.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dialing from Mac Contacts using Skype is not longer working with Skype.

I had Microsoft SkypeABDialer and SkypeABCaller bundle in my Address book library on my mac. This would allow me to dial using skype direct from Apple contacts Now that I upgraded to Mojave it is no longer working. This is a very important feature for me. Is someone working on updating the ABbundle so when you select a phone number in apple contacts it gives you the option of dialing from your cell phone or dialing from Skype.Please it is very hard to find info about this. I think the ABCalling bundle was included with Apple Mountain Lion. It functioned…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows ... like earleir versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

need to be able to delete my history in desktop skype for Windows 10... like earlier versions, you could delete history after 2 weeks etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Sticky Notes option into conversation or Save messages

Please add notes option in specific conversation so we can save specific data(Ex. Passwords, Project scope messages) and no need scroll up and check all messages

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base