Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification Settings

Bring back custom notifications!! I need to see when I get a message but I do NOT want or need to see a preview.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. System Tray icon (badge) should display the number of unread messages

System Tray icon (badge) should display the number of unread messages

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sign in and out - Privacy issue

Please set back the option to automatically sign out from skype upon shut down of computer. Also, when turn computer on again, it is OK to start skype automatically (if I choose that option) but not toLOG ME IN-specially because I never said I want skype to REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. Even if skype saved/recognize my user, when I turn on skype It should ask for my password before log in, not to sign me in automatically.

This is really a PRIVACY ISSUE! It allows ANYONE access to others skype accounts.. This is a serious breach of EVERYONE`S PRIVACY.

Please fix…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow dragging, rearranging and resizing of individual people's webcam images on Group Chat

The arrangement of people's webcam images in Group Chat seems to be arbitrary and occasionally really annoying. I want to be able to resize individual images, including my own webcam, and move around (or at least snap around) the webcams to fit in the window (a line of 4, or 2 and 2, or one big and 2 small, or whatever I want) - not just rely on the "intuition" of the program in sizing and arranging the images.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. in old version the user can delete a message from conversation; but currently we can not delete message from conversation the delete option

in old version the user can delete a message from conversation; but currently we can not delete message from conversation the delete option is disable why??????????

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calls to Skype Number no longer show in history

Calls to my Skype Number used to show up in my Skype history until after an update around November 2017. When somebody calls me now and I missed the call, there is absolutely no evidence that the call came in. Unless the person leaves me a voicemail. When I do answer the call and finish the call, there is absolutely no evidence the call ever took place. I reported this bug to a Microsoft Tier 3 escalation tech. He verified that it was indeed a bug and created a service request ticket. When I contacted him months later, he assured…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. skype for apple watch

skype for apple watch

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Options to stop anything that the app would otherwise do automatically. For example: Exclusive microphone usage, ordering contact list, etc

Add options to disable all automatic features that Skype has. This includes exclusive microphone usage, lowering volume in other applications, ordering contacts in a certain way or removing them entirely from the general screen, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chat - Not Text Msgr

Bring back "compact view" or at least the ability to adjust the chat "bubble" heights. Also provide the option to put all text aligned left. This is a chat program, not text messenger.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. limit notifications to incoming messages.

Please give option to disable spam notifications, such as the notification that "you have no notifications" or "please enter your phone number".

If you want my number, rules are the same, dinner or drinks first!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrate GroupMe into the People Bar

Skype is currently integrated into the People Bar. Please add GroupMe as well.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an option for the small preview window when in calls to show messages along side or instead of the video

Having the option to view these in the smaller video window would make it a lot easier than having to tab out when gaming or doing other things full screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Button "sign out on other devices"

This button should allow user to close all existing sessions on other devices. Just in case of comprometation.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VIDEO RECORDING NOT FOR EVERYONE

You should make it where we can turn off the option of someone recording us while video chatting. Like when someone tries make it say "This person isn't accepting video recordings". Make it where we have to accept it for it to start recording or make it where we are notified when we are being recorded.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back chat history or allow me to cope more than one box at a time

Why have you deleted chat history?
    The most important part of the system is to have a conversation and save it.
    You wont even allow me to manually save a conversation because if i try and copy more than one message at a time (or use Control A) its disabled.
    Please fix this

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Properly restore ability to vary the font and font size of chat

The thread "Ability to vary the font and font size of chat" was wrongly marked as "Complete". (https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas/suggestions/35074219-ability-to-vary-the-font-and-font-size-of-chat)

Since users cannot reopen closed threads, our only recourse is to create a new thread.

In Skype 7, it was possible to set the choice of font and the precise size of the font to be used for chats. In Skype 8, this was removed.

Skype 8 has added a choice of five vaguely-named sizes but does not allow selection of the font or proper control of the font size.

We therefore request the restoration of the actual settings available…

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call Recording when using Skype credit (dialling a number).

Call recording for when you dial a number using Skype credit. I understand this feature is only available for Skype to Skype calls.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recording feature

I'd like to say that provide a facility or feature where can setup each call will be recorded automatically either audio or video. Even, I can pay some good amount for the same. I'd bought an application Evaer which record all calls with older Skype. Nowadays, could not able find the integration for third-party software in new versions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why is the accept calls in skype for business not green?

It may be that I only have this problem, but when someone calls me, I always press the red button.

I believe I expect a green button to hit when someone calls me.

Is there someone else who has this problem?

I think it's a little odd that Skype does not have a green answer button.

All phones have a green answer button or a red button when you do not want to answer.

I suggest you make the reply button in skype green.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base