Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. is it possible to keep 2 separate the features of mic mute and removing participant from call features may be this separation can also help

Skype call, there is a drawback where in anyone can remove a participant in a group call and also mute other participant,
    both mic mute and removing a participant are onthe same tab and side by side

can these 2 features be separated
    also in future only the call initiator should have the right to remove any participant and with prior information in chat.
    Basically the feature to remove a participant by any one is disturbing when a call is ON.
    students play around with this feature.
    regards and thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add way to mark and clear unwanted chats

add way to mark and clear unwanted chats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Account Page

I got confused as I did not know that a Skype # was different from a calling subscription. I would suggest you list them on the original account page as such as opposed to the Skype # as a feature. Navigating to find out they are 2 different charges is not obvious. Name them as 2 different subscriptions on the original account page. Or list the Skype # as a PURCHASED OPTION.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Primary email designation

It would be helpful to add an email address and designate it as primary with a check mark or a primary and secondary field. Instead of logging out, clearing history, etc. Just add email address and select as primary. Delete email address would be helpful as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. skype stereo

You should develop a stereo skype , not only for music but surely for video conferencing: the stereo put space in the sound. The human brain will then figure out where people are located. So it will create more space and video conferencing will be much better because it will give the impression that people are sitting around a table depending on the pan where they are associated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen sharing

Screen and application sharing is not very user friendly. I have had to do many test-runs to check that it is working when I have wanted to share a presentation with others.

IT needs to be much more intuitive and also needs to be less clunky especially if the bandwidth is low. Competitors such as Zoom manage to do it so suggest Skype do it too if you want to keep the business!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All Calendar Sync with Skype Notification

If Skype could allow a feature to sync calendars from different mailboxes - It would be amazing

Most of Skype users have Skype installed on Phone - But not all Email Mailboxes setup on Phone - because its annoying to receive 1000s of mails each day and tedious to go through them.
    But the one thing thats important to all is Calendar from all Emails (Personal, Work etc)

Getting notified in advance about any calendar event without having to have all mailboxes setup on Phone - Nothing better than that !!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Skype Name

Let user create skype name (skype id) by their choice.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Two skype accounts associated with the same phone number

I have my phone number as a primary sign in for my skype account, but recently i created a new account through my email and provided the same phone number, thinking the accounts will get merged, but a new account got made and my previous account (as phone no was primary sign in method) got replaced by the new account. Lost all my contacts and chats and cant sign in to the original account as the login method for both is the same now. So adding the number should have given me the message that this number is already associated…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to pay to save unlimited recordings of videos. Is this a thing? Would love to recover some of my recorded videos that were lost

Option to pay to save unlimited # of recordings of videos. Is this a thing? Ability to recover old videos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. emoticon

as many people are working from home now, they usually deal with power cuts. so it would be good to have an emoticon that says power is out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There should be an obvious way to save snapshots taken during a session.

There should be an obvious way to save snapshots taken during a session.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. quote image

Hi Team,

Many times we write our note or required sentences in image itself and we send that image to the group. Later on we need to quote the image but we can't because we don't have this option yet. So we need to quote the text just below of the image which is irrelevant to the image results in confusion in the conversation.

I request you to add this feature in the next update. It will help a lot of people out there.

Thank you

Regards,

Raghaw

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to change the ringtone to custom

You should be able to have your own custom ringtone on which you could download, and skype should have some of their own ringtones too

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Virtual camera working in all updates (Wirecast)

Since new 8.60 update virtual cameras are not recognized in Skype: Is too bad for working properly when you teach music, or for making video streaming in YouTube.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phoning from Skype using WIFI

Why not try Phoning from skype using Wifi to frineds and Family as not everybody has Data or Airtime sometimes but Wifi at home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A place to check for Skype updates "any time"

A place within the "Settings" options to be able to check for updates any time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. call window in the middle of the screen by default

I'm using a desktop. Please let the call window appear in the middle of the screen by default, just under my laptop's camera.

It's a hassle to keep dragging the small call window to the middle every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base