Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services.

If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services. So you can edit you details or close account without shutting down your entire Microsoft account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete obsolete conversations in Skype.

I still do not know why it is not possible to have the right to manage our conversations and particuarly to delete obsolete conversations in Skype. This software is too rigid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. popcorn emoji

could you please add a Popcorn emoji?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Start my audio (mic) automatically" too.

"Start my audio (mic) automatically" too.
    You have this for video (cam), but not for audio. For people with disabilities, they might want auto-answer on, but might not want anyone to just hear what's in the room if they happen to call in. It would be really useful for them to allow a call to begin but the microphone be muted -- the equivalent option to video but for microphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. خفض الاسعار للاتصال لليمن

Hello my brothers, I am Abdel-Qader Jubran, from Yemen, residing in Saudi Arabia. I tried Skype to call to Yemen, very cool. But you know that most of the regions of Yemen do not have internet for that regular connection is very expensive now I hope you reduce the prices to call to Yemen or increase the number of minutes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. full duplex audio

Many years ago Skype had an advanced audio option to enable a true full duplex path. Later, the option was removed but the related registry key to set it still worked.

A slew of d.d.g. searches today didn't bring up that registry key. How is full duplex audio currently enabled? As currently set, I have to speak right at the camera's microphone so the other party sees my mouth like Patricia Quinn's at the start of the RHPS.

Thanks in advance.
    duncanSF (dcampbel)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make profile picture visible to certain contacts

Allow multiple pfp's, picking different ones for certain contacts to see.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple accounts

At present l believe you can only one account & cannot open any extra account/s

Unable to communicate with family members with an exciting family account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. group calls

why cant you explore having group calls that enable the conversation to add a random caller cell phone user to the conversation instead of putting the original call on hold and treat them as separate calls. That would make the whole experience so much better an you can carry the group call without interruption

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have two Skype numbers. Please include the last four digits of covered numbers on subscription renewals. Thanks.

I have two Skype numbers. Invoices for subscription renewals should include the last four digits of covered numbers. (As of now, there is no indication on invoices as to which phones relate to renewals.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use bot to detect spam, but use humans to determine if it is a human or a bot sending spam messages. ignore if human sends tons of messages

Use bot to detect spam, but use humans to determine if it is a human or a bot sending spam messages. ignore if human sends tons of youtube and pixiv links
    Because my account got tagged as a spammer some how. Looks like you cant send messages anymore with photos and links anymore. Hate using discord. Please fix this issue. its a trend on twitter now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. customisable ringtones (again)

Please please please, implement customisable ringtones! It's been requested for ages and nothing is happening. What's more the only ringtone itself is arrhythmic. It's a bit of a "heck it, will do" attitude.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Camera test

Please add a test audio/video feature so I can line my shot up before an important call/interview. Doing it during a call is highly unprofessional and can make a bad impression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1494722697 -case no

My Microsoft account is linked to foreign Skype account that I cannot unlink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Personal Message for incoming calls

I'm in Communications so it is rather important when media people call that they hear my name and my voice so they know they've reached the correct number as they are often on deadlines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. automatic notifications

Hello I would like to suggest automatic notifications. This feature would be great to put a general reply message when you are away from Skype. Example would be a vacation notice or out of office reply.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base